1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Need some help with Wolf's uf+P, f+P+G...

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Kali, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

Damn! How shold I do this, to connect the throw after uf+P? When should I input f+P+G command - before, after or exactly on impact of uf+P??? I suppose that there is only one frame (surely no more than a 2-3 frames) for input... Am I right? Any advices, how to do this move?

2. JoJoBiZARrE

JoJoBiZARrE Member

sorry can't help you there

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    JoJo, if you can't help, there's no need to post.

Kali, most hit-throws require the same timing -- you input the throw command during the impact of the hit. Practicing in slow motion can help you find that sweet spot for input.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thats a weird one, but if you go into command training, enter the command list, and choose to have the cpu show the move to you it becomes a bit more clear. You have to input the f+P+G at a retardedly slow rate. Seriously, after you are sure that the move couldnt possibly turn into a link perform the throw, and sure enough, it will connect. Its really quite silly how long after the uf+P that you have to input the command. You would think that a link move would have to inputting during the attack, or a few frames after, but in this one instance that just isnt the case.

Practice doing it long after you normally would try, and youll be amazed at how odd the timing looks.

5. fagan

fagan Well-Known Member

if you go to command training and go into the options you can select “command help†(I think that’s what it’s called (I’m at work right now so can’t check)) .

select the move you want to do , every time you do the move and it doesn’t work it will tell you why (imputing the commands too fast , hitting the wrong button or whatever) … that’s how I learned wolf’s strike then throw moves …

6. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

ETP - thanks man!!! Whew... I've got US VF4 version just for 2 days - I've been playing JPN ver. till now, and... Huh. I didn't know, that there were so many fantastic options in Training mode!!! With help of slo-motion options and demostration of this move performed by CPU, finally, I've done this werid move. It's really wicked (of course I was always inputting f+P+G too fast), because, that between uf+P and f+P+G for Flying Meyer you can do... Wolf's Catch (f+P+G)! Anyway - thanks again! Now there's no problem with this move:)