1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Need tips on doing DLC for Akira

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Mallakite, May 12, 2002.

1. Mallakite

Mallakite Member

I can do SPOD and Akira's overhead smash combo no problem, but its the DLC that really gets my fingers in a twist. Any tips on doing it on a PS2 pad??
    and while im at it any tips on doing Akira's knee??

2. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

I suck at doing the DLC(I dont even use Akira) but its not that hard to do the knee with a stick. Just make sure to tap the edge, not the middle of the guard button while youre doing it.

3. Ellinas

Ellinas Well-Known Member

Go in to training and turn command display on to see what you're doing wrong. If your inputs arent accurate, try doing it a bit slower, let your fingers get used to it. If your inputs are accurate, you're probably not doing it fast enough. Make sure you're hitting f+P - immediately - after doing df+G+K, it gives you more time to enter the 3rd command. Also make sure you're hitting f+P+K for end of the third input, not f,P+K. make sure you hit them at the same time. Aside from that, I don't think there's much to be said, you just need to practice.

However, unless you just want to be able to do it for the sake on knowing how to, you're better off spending your time perfecting shoulder ram > punch > shoulder ram > low kick / double palm on lightweights.