1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Need tips on doing Jacky's iaigeri kick

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Mallakite, May 4, 2002.

1. Mallakite

Mallakite Member

I can do it 5 out 10 times, i want to get better at it so that i can link it to a knee kick then KPK combo this does over half a bar of damge

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

search for jacky iai on all boards, and when the list comes up click on Summer's post. He wrote some pretty useful tips for landing it.

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Actually...I feel what myke wrote is easiest for newbies to understand how to do the Iai kick.

As myke wrote:

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I've also removed the Notes on frame data for the G-cancel since after some experimenting I've found it to be incorrect. It originally read "tap G between the 8th and 15th frame" which doesn't make sense if the move requires 24f to execute because that'd be way too early. So I spent a bit of time with slow motion and command display on and found that I could sometimes cancel on the 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th frame, but never on 26th or 27th! And then I was sometimes getting iageri on frames 30 and 31, and sometimes not!? I was looking to define the range of frames where you could G-cancel for the Iaigeri, but this wasn't looking good at all, and actually, seemed random. But then I stopped looking at frames, and paid more attention to what was happening on the screen, and came to this conclusion: the iageri kick is performed by pressing G during the hit. So, the timing will vary depending on how far/close you are to the opponent when your kick is extending to hit them (and during my testing I was all over the place with regard to range). Also, it doesn't matter if you tap or hold the G button either. With this new way of looking at the timing (think of it like a hit-throw), my consistency has greatly improved. I've updated the notes accordingly.

<hr></blockquote>

I would wager n say myke's prolly described the proper way of doing iai....but I've gotten to the stage where's it up to 'feel'....so I don't really pay any more attention to any other details.