1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Aoi move?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by AlexMD, Oct 25, 2001.

1. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Well I was messing around with Aoi at the arcade today and I found a move that wasn't in the movelist at tb zone or GLCs list.

You basically do Aoi's b,b+p and then you can cancel it with u+p+k or d+p+k at ANY point after you enter the command for the b,b+p up until just after it hits,she does a neato little dodge which leaves her in an ideal position to throw,this move seemed really interesting to me, Aoi has plenty of cancels but I've never seen one that can actually be cancelled both before and after it hits.

If you do it really fast you can barely notice the b,b+p animation start it just does a nice spinning dodge,if you get hit during the starting frames you end up backward.

Anyway I'm writing up a detailed report on Aoi's moves, basically how the new one's work and how the old have changed, hopefully it will be ready tommorow for anyone interested

<font color=blue> I move through the shadows with neither sound nor form, I ride the winds and command the storm </font color=blue>

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Is the bb+P G-cancelable? It's not listed as such. Maybe you're canceling the turnaway attack with a reversal... no way for me to test it unfortunately...

I look forward to an Aoi move summary. Glad to see someone's using her.

Couple of things I'm really interested in are her b+P+G throw. Did you know it's listed as sabaki? That seems really freaky to me... i.e. a throw that can eat thru high/mid punches and kicks. Any comments?

Also, what exactly is the ground reversal? That's got me completely dumbfounded.

Check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://virtuaproject.com>http://virtuaproject.com</A> for another version of the movelist... it was recently updated with damage stats.

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Also, what exactly is the ground reversal? That's got me completely dumbfounded.

When Aoi's on the ground she can reverse down attacks with P+K. I'm not sure if there are any positional requirements (face up/down, etc) but when I tested it, she was face up and head towards. My Vanessa went for the bryant-style soccerball kick to the head (df+K), at which moment my friend pressed P+K. Aoi grabbed my leg while pushing my momentum forward, swiftly rose up and ended up behind me, although a bit too far for anything to be guaranteed afterwards. Awesome RO potential if Aoi's at the ring edge and your opponent tries for that extra chip of damage :)

Oh, and no damage is inflicted, so it's really an inashi than a reversal.

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

the b,b p,u or d p g is not a g cancel (sorry if I made it sound like it was) it's her old TA punch cancelled with a special dodge.

I'm pretty positive this is a canned sequence

I haven't really tested the b p g sabaki in versus yet but will do on Saturday and I'll give you the info then /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=blue> I move through the shadows with neither sound nor form, I ride the winds and command the storm </font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by {Doomboy} on 10/25/01 03:38 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

5. shoda clinic

shoda clinic Member

Also you can do b,b+p, u or d+p+k,p,f+p,p. I think Aoi is the only one who can do these in VF4.

6. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

thanks for the information /versus/images/icons/smile.gif...what exactly does this do?..does she come out of the dodge with a new move?, or is that her normal punch string starting at the second punch or something?

<font color=blue> I move through the shadows with neither sound nor form, I ride the winds and command the storm </font color=blue>

7. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

On another note -- Aoi's 4Dan

Are the second and third parts of that throw unescapable now? I've been playing Aoi as a backup to my Vanessa and Lion -- and I've noticed that no one has escaped it. Not, Llany, No4, or Robbie!

cheers,
    kbcat

8. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    im pretty sure this is the spinning dodge you'll see in the genrira (aoi) vs chibita (lion) clip, the link is somewhere is a recend thread about movies. At the end of one of the round aoi does an attack, into a spin, into f+k, into what looks like a stance. Lion wins 3-2 against aoi.

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

9. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

"im pretty sure this is the spinning dodge you'll see in the genrira (aoi) vs chibita (lion) clip, the link is somewhere is a recend thread about movies. At the end of one of the round aoi does an attack, into a spin, into f+k, into what looks like a stance."

Actually what she does there is her sweep into canned Yin Yang into her d evade out of YY into knee then back into canned YY stance.

10. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Re: On another note -- Aoi's 4Dan

I'm sure I've seen the second part broken out of but not the third yet.

Speaking of 4 dan kbcat do you know if the ground throw after 4 dan (ending with d,u+p+g is still guaranteed?...I noticed that I missed it a couple of times, though maybe due to bad timing /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif,

11. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it is guarranteed. I have missed it once -- but, as you said it could be bad timing. I think the most likely case is that you have to struggle like an idiot to avoid it.

cheers,
    kbcat

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Well, speaking from experience, all parts are escapable. In fact, you can see the third part being escaped in one of the recent TBZone movies: akira(moonsuk)_vs_aoi(shinz).

kbcat, I think it was your lucky day :)

13. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

When I played VF4test against Clopin, I remember that my usual "mash to escape multi-throw" wasn't working... In the usual cases, mashing d+P+G if I thought any of the respective segments were going to be performed... Maybe timing matters against that throw now? Probably DoA2 style timing at that...

-Chanchai

14. Crew Wolf

Crew Wolf Active Member

Any chance the ground throw itself is command escapable now?

Ultimately, we're all dead men, sadly we cannot choose how, BUT we can decide how we meet that end in order that we are remembered as men.

15. shoda clinic

shoda clinic Member

It's not a new move and useless, she just does her ppp combo towards away from the opponent with her back turned.

BTW the ground grab after d,u+p+g is guaranteed.

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

With QR/TR, Aoi's ground throw doesn't need to be escapable!!

17. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

As long as it's still guarranteed after her FC throw, and her 4Dan (plus a reversal or two) -- that's all she really needs.

kbcat

18. ShunAoi

ShunAoi Member

what are all those abbrevations? 4dan?