1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New at Vf3th, need some advice

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Nov 1, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello all,
    I was never a vf3 player in arcade due to the high price ..( 4 tokens per play =1 us dollar, on top of that, people kill me so fast that it is not worth the 1 dollar price). But I always admire the Vf series, I recently bought Vf3tb for usa dc and been loving every second of it. I was wondering if there is a site with a complete list of all the moves and combos etc .. perferrable in Adobe acrobate format .. I know the ones on Gamefaqs.com but i was wondering if there are *better* ones .the retail vf3tb game guide worth getting ? .. I dont want to buy it if it is not that great .. btw , Vf3tb kicks major ass , I am still in awe that I am playing this at home ! the bad reviews vf3tb got must be reviewed by people who were high on some good herbs .. because to me. gameplay /depth has way more higher priority than the glittering graphics .. ( Soul caliber) .. I have not even bother playing SC since I bought vf3tb .. and I am actually going to trade SC in .. it is just not as good as vf3tb in gameplay aspect . .. Thanks in advancefor any inputs
    ClubW

2. Guest

Guest Guest

dont get the guide, thats all im knowledgeable enough to tell you, also, just out of curiosity, what charachter are you using?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

The way Shun Di fights always been very interesting to me . I dont know any many fighters that actually has the motto like " The intake of alcohol beverage increases your ability to fight" :) I know he is not the most powerful fighter, but due to his unique qualities, I have decided t start playing vf3 with him . Are there any sites with good info on vf3 fighters ? the moves/stragtegy/combos/counters etc ?? I found a few good ones at gamefaqs.com, but it dosent hurt to look for *better* versions. I was going to get the game guide, but decided against it. Since it was basically a move/ some combo printed list . Which I can print myself . Thanks for any inputs .
    Clubw.
    PS. I just know I be playing this game for *years* and there are not 1 game( rpg/action/platform/shooter/etc) that I can say that has more replay value/game depth than Vf3tb ( imo )

4. Guest

Guest Guest

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ty sk8kid, I am on my way there . Vf3tb is just amazing .. altho I am so new at it . ( very limited knowledge of moves. cant chain no combo yet.) I was able to kick the SH&# out of my friend who is a *button masher* ( and he think he is ALL THAT, due to the easieness of SC gameplay) .. Vf3tb sure WOKE him up good that Vf3tb is no Soul calibur, and his minor league button mashing techniques does not work in the MAJOR league ( vf3tb) hehe I love it .. He is actually SO IMPRESSED with the way Vf3tb is , he stop making fun of the game and have bought vf3tb just an hour ago ! ( he just called me) because vf3tb is a game where the time of learning *experience* * practices* * learning different counters/situations* actually Improves your game, Unlike Soul calibur , where a good player still can get whoop easily by a button smasher. and in Vf3tb , the better player ALWAYS WINS , where in SC it is not the same. Gosh , I love this game ...... I just wish I started earlier .... damn local arcade charges 4 tokens at the time and the time I play it, people took care of me within like 30 secs I say ... so I was spending those tokens on sega rally 2 and other games :) ( at least I get to enjoy the experience longer ...) now to think of it .. I was getting whipped by lousy pppk etc easy craps hehe... and I THO THOST peopel were good ! heh ;)
    .. ( it is now 2 tokens for a game) .
    I cant wait till I get good at this then go get myrespect at local arcade/bar :)
    Clubw