1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Characters In Virtua Fighter 5?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by HiddenEvil, Aug 8, 2003.

1. HiddenEvil

HiddenEvil Well-Known Member

I know it's hard to speculate at such an early stage, but I was interested to know what type of new characters we we be getting in Virtua Fighter 5.

Tradition says we will get two new characters.

Personally, I'm hoping for characters with a more accessable fighting style than Brad and Goh, who are difficult to get into. I would predict that there will be a new female character, but I'm thinking not your traditional female character, as we already have a few of those.

Anyway, post your thoughts and hopes in relation to new characters in Virtua Fighter 5 here.

2. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

how bout an eddy goro and a xinxao? haha no really, id like some one like zangief/hugo/andor:)

3. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

In "The One" f. Jet Li, there was a style that was made up for the movie. I forget the name, but in the ocmmentary they mention it could come from prisons. It involved maximizing force over a short distance, ostensibly because the prisoners all wore shckles. The evil Jey Li character practiced this style. Lots of one-inch-punch type stuffs.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

It was mentioned recently that Yu Suzuki was in korea, possibly to scout out martial artists to determine the new characters/style in VF5. So at least one of these may be korean.

5. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

AM2 people claimed he was in Korea when Zero and I visited them back in January.

6. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Aeon said:

In "The One" f. Jet Li, there was a style that was made up for the movie. I forget the name, but in the ocmmentary they mention it could come from prisons. It involved maximizing force over a short distance, ostensibly because the prisoners all wore shckles. The evil Jey Li character practiced this style. Lots of one-inch-punch type stuffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

When watching the one I thought baddy jet li's striking style was kind of reminiscent of 'Hsing I' cept for the chambered punches.

Really though, I think such a hard linear style is already exemplified brilliantly in Mr Yuki.

I'd love to see a bagua practioner though.

7. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right, actually. Looking back over what i wrote, it seems obvious that:
    1. My typing still needs some work, and
    2. Akira pretty much already has this style (philosophy-wise, anyway).

I really dug it though. I guess maybe AM2 should stick with real-life styles, but that one was pretty cool.

As far as Korean arts go... how 'bout Tang Soo Do? It's really more of an art than a combatitive sport i guess, and it's basically all defensive, but it could be cool.

8. Lightning

Lightning Member

I think it would make a lot of sense to have a Korean (since their is no korean in the game) that uses tae kwon do (since its so popular).

9. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member

it would be cool if you had a female street f /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gifighter with cool items and her fighting style will be a bit Jacky-Goh type.

10. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Lightning said:

I think it would make a lot of sense to have a Korean (since their is no korean in the game) that uses tae kwon do (since its so popular).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer to see a hapkido master (Like wong in-sik in the young master).

11. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Anton said:

it would be cool if you had a female street f /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gifighter with cool items and her fighting style will be a bit Jacky-Goh type.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats Vanessa then? lol. Van does Vale Tudo I think, thats almost Street fighting with grappling moves.

12. catharsis

catharsis Well-Known Member

What I was thinking was just a straight sort of boxer/ brawler (no, wait.. hear me out), with traditional barroom moves like rabbit punches and haymakers, a lot of dirty tricks (i.e. lot of crumbles, esp. vitals), and some reversals based on the idea of taking a hit and dishing out a bigger one (sorta like Wolf's kick reversals).. I think it'd be nice to have someone less technically apt (maybe he could randomly fall over when trying to do a high kick /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif ), but more sorta in-your-face dangerous.

13. Raptor1017

Raptor1017 Well-Known Member

I thought Suzuki claimed they were planning on creating some kind of Korean artist as well as another character based on army trained fighting styles. Anyway, I practiced Tang Soo Do for a view years, and I don't think it would really be all that great in this game.

14. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Active Member

How about the 52 blocks style?? That's some nasty street fighting if you ask me!!!! Maybe every charachter could have a little secret weapon that they could bring out when they're close to losing the match or something, like the last round or so?? Like if Goh has his bat item equiped he can use it and just beat the hell out of other opponents?? Or the chainsaw?? Damn that would be nasty!!!!!! Could you imagine Sarah trying to kick him and he just chops her leg off??
    Okay I should just stop...........

15. Lightning

Lightning Member

Bonecrusher said

"Maybe every charachter could have a little secret weapon that they could bring out when they're close to losing the match or something, like the last round or so?? Like if Goh has his bat item equiped he can use it and just beat the hell out of other opponents?? Or the chainsaw?? Damn that would be nasty!!!!!! Could you imagine Sarah trying to kick him and he just chops her leg off??
    Okay I should just stop..........."

That is one of the lamest things i have ever heard. It might work in a Mortal Kombat game but not Virtua Fighter.

16. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Lightning said:

Bonecrusher said

"Maybe every charachter could have a little secret weapon that they could bring out when they're close to losing the match or something, like the last round or so?? Like if Goh has his bat item equiped he can use it and just beat the hell out of other opponents?? Or the chainsaw?? Damn that would be nasty!!!!!! Could you imagine Sarah trying to kick him and he just chops her leg off??
    Okay I should just stop..........."

That is one of the lamest things i have ever heard. It might work in a Mortal Kombat game but not Virtua Fighter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you didn't notice his sarcasm? /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

17. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

1: A North Korean that spouts off hot air. He could be from Fukui, Japan.

2: An actual Thai person doing Myua Thai for a change. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for them being easily-accessible fighters, I don't think any of the "new" characters have ever really been easy. Lion/Shun -- both have kind of "queer" fighting styles in terms of a fighting game. Aoi/Taka -- definitely not for everyone. Vanessa: Fits more of the traditional fighting-game style, but the commands aren't that easy. Lei Fei - easy commands, but hard to make them really effective. Brad - Same as Vanessa, but maybe a slightly easier command list. Goh: definitely not entry level.

18. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

I still wanna see some Monkey Style - like that little African guy in the first "Blood Sport". You know, the one who got crushed by the sumo guy.
    He'd definitely be an expert character though - very much like Shun, but he be very interesting to play as well as to watch. He and Shun can provide the comic relief. (not to mention Lion's voice)

19. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Wouldn't he end up looking like a Lion rip off?

20. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Elite said:

Wouldn't he end up looking like a Lion rip off?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that Lion's voice is part of the comic relief in the game, not that the guy with the monkey style would have Lion's voice.