1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Characters In Virtua Fighter 5?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by HiddenEvil, Aug 8, 2003.

1. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

From a totally aesthetic point of view (we can add various fighting styles to them later), we have the following:

A guy in a gi
    2 Asian girls - one "cute", one "reserved"
    Hot, blonde chick
    "Street" guy - Jacky
    Wrestler
    Bouncer-type brickhouse - also serves as token black man
    Ninja
    Shaolin
    Black woman
    Italian rico-suave
    Zombie
    Old kungfu master
    "Hard" looking Asian guy - Lau
    Mercury woman
    Sumo

Characters we haven't seen:
    Cowboy/Cowgirl
    Shaman type character - like Dhalsim
    Small black, indegenously "African" man
    Renegade/Soldier type male
    School girl
    Girl in bikini
    Guy in Tuxedo/business suit
    Skinny "non Asian" in Gi - maybe a cute white girl in a gi to counterbalance Akira

Ok, I can't think of anything else...

2. koooo

koooo Member

They maybe add new girl. She will be fight in the same style like AKIRA!!!!!!!!!! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif I heard /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. martialfanatic

martialfanatic Well-Known Member

Too much cloning already happens in fighting games /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

4. Assasin612

Assasin612 Member

well i think, that jeffry, wolf, and lion shouldn't be on the next one, because, well, they are just...uhh...gay, yeah gay, or lame, lion becuause hes so annoying, and wolf because he doesn't even have a REAL fighting style, and jeffry just cuz he sucks.

The game obviously needs a t'ai chi master to be complete.

5. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Wow... lets forward this one to SEGA headquarters...

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The annoying characters are the funnest!

7. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt Well-Known Member

Re: There are many reasons I feel they are rushed.

[ QUOTE ]
    TP_KiwE said:
    For Brad (and I'm just naming a few here)... he's the only character who has no charge attack in the game,

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind telling me the command for Aoi's charging attack? Such a hidden attack from everyone, especially myself, would be lovely to know. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    tzgorr1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to know which you think is which ^^; I'm hoping you put Aoi as the cute one... ¬_¬

8. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Characters we haven't seen:

Cowboy/Cowgirl

Wolf has cowboy hats, Indian (I mean Native American, whatever.... /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif) style clothes....so does Sarah...so that covers it for me :p

Shaman type character - like Dhalsim
    Goh is the closest we might see of that in VF series

Small black, indegenously "African" man
    Maybe not small, but an M.Bison/Dhalsim crossbreed might be niced, if Sega toned him down in terms of design for VF standards

Renegade/Soldier type male
    lol, this is Vanessa, she is renegade J6, no?

School girl
    Play more Tekken

Girl in bikini
    See above

Guy in Tuxedo/business suit
    Solid Snake, or see above above

Skinny "non Asian" in Gi -
    I think you have a fetish /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. martialfanatic

martialfanatic Well-Known Member

I hope that was sarcasm...no wait...it could only be sarcasm /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We've already lost one character. And every character in this game is a quality one. It's not their fault the voice acting sucks (which I can honestly live with...I truly don't care that Lion thinks that he's so great).

If any character were to turn up missing again, I would personally be pissed off. At least for Taka they had a good reason for dropping him off the roster, but still...

10. tzgorr1

[ QUOTE ]
    hikarutilmitt said:

[ QUOTE ]
    tzgorr1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to know which you think is which ^^; I'm hoping you put Aoi as the cute one... ¬_¬

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, Aoi IS cuter is Evo than in the previous installments. I'd have to admit that. Especially with her different types of hair. I just didnt really like her old hairstyle. But you still have to agree that she is still more reserved/conservative than Pai, no?

11. tzgorr1

[ QUOTE ]
    EmpNovA said:
    Skinny "non Asian" in Gi -
    I think you have a fetish /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    C'mon, a cute white girl in a gi WOULD be pretty nice. Especially if she does either Karate or TKD. Probably Karate since you don't want her to be too much like Sarah. (Never thought about this, but yeah, it might be a fetish...)

12. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

We should just rip that karate girl straight out of DOA. But give her less clothes. Watch the drooling fanboys start playing the game but then just end up watching the computer because they can't do her moves.

13. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    tzgorr1 said:
    Lol, Aoi IS cuter is Evo than in the previous installments. I'd have to admit that. Especially with her different types of hair. I just didnt really like her old hairstyle. But you still have to agree that she is still more reserved/conservative than Pai, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, this is obviously a matter of taste. See, I happen to think that Pai is rather... energetic, yes, but not necessarily cute. She just isn't my style.

Evo Aoi is just that much better for me, in fact. I especially like her d+P+G win pose /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14. pkg_inc

pkg_inc Well-Known Member

what about a gigantic, female ex-disco thrower, with a "you-mess-with-me-I`ll-sit-on-you" style. It`s about the only thing that hasn`t been mentioned yet /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. tzgorr1

[ QUOTE ]
    pkg_inc said:

what about a gigantic, female ex-disco thrower, with a "you-mess-with-me-I`ll-sit-on-you" style. It`s about the only thing that hasn`t been mentioned yet /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I think that AM2 actually wants more people to play...hahhah

I'd actually like to see a Bolo Yeung (Blood Sport) lookalike who does karate.

16. Mizkreant

Mizkreant Well-Known Member

I like the idea of the female boxer/streetfighter, like Vanessa from KOF. She wouldn't be like VF Vanessa, because they could have her use only punches with just rudimentary kicks (sort of like Steve Fox).

I want to see a real Jeet Kune Do fighter. For some reason, video game designers think JKD artist = Bruce Lee imitator.

17. Psyckogod

Psyckogod Member

Today at work I had a great idea for a VF5 char. Named him and everything- check it.

Name: Vincent "Vinny" Cain
    Nationality: American
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 195 lbs
    Fighting Style: Snake (official name?)
    Affiliation: J6
    Description: A lanky guy with long black hair hanging in his eyes- one eye is blue, the other is white. He's always got a sick grin on his face and his stance consists of him slowly bobbing in place, looking like a snake ready to strike. Outfit 1 is his fighting look- a black shirt with the sleeves torn off and very dirty khaki pants, with sneakers and black-taped hands. Voice should be very slimy and mean and shudder-inducing.

Fighting style: Loose and limber snake style, contorting his body and using fast, quick strikes, with throws where he seems to coil around you and knock you away. To balance him out I'd make him VF's first dirty fighter- eye-pokes, nutshots, a finger fish-hook throw, hair-pulls, and the like. He's always grinning (except when someone righteously pastes him in his ugly mug) and will utter cackles of pleasure whenever he finishes off a big combo or really nasty cheap shot.

Pre-match quotes:
    "Hello...I'm Vinny. Let's be best friends!"
    "I'm gonna chew you up."
    "Ready to die?! Ah-hahaha!"

Post-match quotes:
    "Come see me again sometime, sugar. Heh."
    "*slowly licks lips* Mmmm. Blood."
    "Heh...heh heh heh...BWAH HA HAH HA HAH HA HA!!"

Specific relations:
    Goh- fellow J6 employee, but definitely not friends. They'd kill each other if they had half a chance, but they have to work together to take out the other fighters.

Whatcha think?

18. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

i want a big Japanese/Chinese guy, not like akira, he's just the typical hardcore kung fu freak. I'm talkin like the guy from a lot of jean-claude van damme's movies, like bloodsport or double impact. That giant guy. I'm not sure what style he would use but i think that would be kind of cool.

19. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

What do I think?..
    Honestly, that's the gayest character I've ever seen..besides being another American character (FFS you damn patriots! There are many more nationalities!) it's so freakin' gay.

"Wanna be best friends?".... C'MON!!!!!! Don't do this..

What are you going to ask for next? A lesbian girl with a close relation to sarah and it's special attack (which only works against Sarah) Nipple Bite Attack? Or the massive clit slapping 69-hit combo?

Have mercy! =|

20. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    besides being another American character (FFS you damn patriots! There are many more nationalities!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all people are familiar with foreign cultures, you know. It's easier to create a character based on a culture you know than on assumptions and stereotypes.

Seriously, how many anime shows have a non-Japanese main character? That's what I thought.

So what's your point?

Anyways, I think it would be supremely amusing if a "Dan"-type character showed up in an AM2 game. His sole purpose would be to be underpowered and to poke fun at Tekken. He'd look like a bad mix of Jin and Paul, and have stupid, useless crap like 10-hit strings.

I'd certainly find it amusing. Of course, AM2 is probably too sophisticated for that. XD