1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Characters In Virtua Fighter 5?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by HiddenEvil, Aug 8, 2003.

1. SenoB

SenoB Well-Known Member

Slight question... what exactly is a high kick ( a round kick? a side kick, or just general high kicks?) Also, I've never actually seen an axe kick in full contact, its way too slow (even you spin 360 for the momentum) for most attempts to succeed. How would you set this up? Also... new characters in VF5? Could you elaborate on how this character would be? Small? Large? Fast? etc. thx.

2. Cloud

Cloud Active Member

I understand now what hes describing. I guess Kain wants an ultra powerful Kickboxer. I would say if Brad had a couple of power moves (like Akira's [6][6][P]) had the body of Wolf, Brad would be more like the two men Kain described. Or I could be completely off track, have to wait for Kain's response.

You also wanted to see a new character modeled after Vanderlei Silva (or is it Wanderlei Silva, seen spelled both ways everywhere?). His look would be awesome in the game no doubt. That serious stairdown he gives, his tense stance, he would be very popular. But I think the game already has a character who shows alot of his traits ands thats Vanessa. She has quick knees, an elbow/forearm stike in the OS, the [3][P][K] in DS and [P][K][P] hook shots in both stances, the uppercut with axe kick combo, and three low throws that look like they where modeled straight from a flim of Silva ([3][P][K][G] in the DS and both low throws in the OS come right out of the 1st Silva Sakuraba fight). Of course she would need a couple of new moves like stomping on your opponent when getting up from the mount.

I said I would liked Don Frye. I would image his character with his hands and punches as a main weapon (lots of different punch combos and moves) and powerful slams and takedowns with punchs, forearm smashs, and elbows at the end of certain takedowns. And make almost the size of Wolf.

Yeah, your right about Sato. Been a fan of his for a little over a year now when I first saw his highlight clip on Sherdog. He never came the states though, I thought the ufc was going to pick him up once but that never happen. Too bad, he would of ruled that division.

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hrmm, a Pride fighter in VF....Silva would definatly be very interesting, a crack-monkey version of vanessa. It would be nice to see VF have a better ground grappeling game....Silva would have very hard punches and knees, basic front and roundhouse kicks with fast leg kicks.

4. Kain

Kain Member

MMA fighters probably wouldn't really work in the VF world because of the emphasis on groundfighting. I realize there are already elements of Silva's style in the game (Brad, Vanessa) but he was the first guy that popped into my head. Maybe Genki Sudo?

5. MaxDrunkShun

MaxDrunkShun Member

Am I the only one who fears that my beloved Shun will kick the bucket in VF5? /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif He's what, 92 years old? The story also says that he's going into J6 to take his 'pupil' back by force. Do I see some sort of heartwrenching jailbreak where Shun sacrifices himself for his pupil, only to give the game a younger drunken master character?

But what I'd LIKE to see..
    -any type of kung fu besides mantis. Mantis sucks. And I want to see and Indian dude doing it. I don't care whether it's Native American Indian or Indian Indian, they're both cool.
    -I know they tried to put a fight club vibe on Brad, but his style still seems too organized. I want like a real streetfighter, one that isn't afraid to do things like headbutts or groin shots or throat-stomps. Maybe make him a...redneck! Yea there we go.
    -A pudgy fighter. Or anyone that looks out of shape. Like a once-great martial artist that let himself go and now looks like a train wreck when he fights.
    -Yoshimitsu (just kidding I hate that bouncing piece of shit)
    -a REAL ninja. Kage is damn sweet don't get me wrong but he's easily the most unrealistic fighter of VF4...whenever I try to explain to newbies that VF4 is the 'serious' fighting game and they pick Kage (newbies ALWAYS pick kage...he's a ninja c'mon) they laugh at me as soon as they his first head-first pounce. Gimmie real ninjutsu, not dragon-punch crap.

6. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

-"any style besides mantis'' Mantis is already in the game, why would they add another mantis fighter.

Kage's da shit but I wouldn't mind seeing a female ninja with a totally different style.

7. Sham

Sham Well-Known Member

I was thinking a taekwando villain like hwangjanglee(bad guy in Drunken master ). Easily got the best kicks in the business, very cool body movement and a cool villanous attitude. Would b nice 4 motion capture. Any1 know if vf chars motion captured?

8. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

Some moves were motion captured, others were done with the cpu.
    A taekwondo villain would be cool. *thumbs up*

9. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

I'm convinced they capped William's loss gesticulations for most of the "fooey!" ring out animations. And don't let him lose by ring out either...it's fuckin' spooky.

10. Cloud

Cloud Active Member

I read a post that said they wanted a real JKD character. I kind of agree with that. Jacky is a cool character, no doubt. But he really doesn't represent JKD to well. His moves seem like a mixture of moves taken from the screen (Lee, Vam Dam, Norris, and I'm sure we go on and on).
    However, I would love to see a character (he or she, doesn't matter what they look like) represent the writings of Bruce Lee. Have the ability to change their footwork from a smooth skip too a solid stance. Maybe have a kind of slipping/ducking motion like Brad. Use hair pulling, groin grab, biting, skin pinching, and etc.. I like Jacky, but it won't hurt to take a few moves from him and develop a new character.

11. Kain

Kain Member

They should add a boxer.

TKD is already represented enough in Sarah's Flamingo stance bs.

12. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Kain said:

TKD is already represented enough in Sarah's Flamingo stance bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHH..yur funny.

13. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

Are they going to remove any characters? /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

14. MaxDrunkShun

MaxDrunkShun Member

I agree with the real JKD character. Jacky seems like the stuff Bruce Lee did because he knew it looked good, not the stuff he did in a real fight. The boxer...I dunno. Seems like most every fighting game has the regular old boxer dude and he's always pretty boring. The only thing I could see boxing adding to the game would be the footwork and dodging, and Brad's already got that.

15. SenoB

SenoB Well-Known Member

I would be happy if they made jumping moves useful. Now don't get me wrong, the ones in VF work fine within the game mechanics, but since in Evo they already remocapped many of the moves / stances of almost every fighter, then why not make jumping moves better? Like Sarah should have an actual 360 kick, instead of her lame little [P]+[K] (different command, say [4][6][6] [P]+[K]. All the characters need better power moves (you don't have to be big to hit hard, but it helps) just a couple of slow power jumpkicks (like Jacky's weird jumping roundhouse should be way faster (when it comes out) and have a decent start up time and good range, but be only linear / half-circular). While I'm at it, how about they make sidesteps actually functional, like people would parry some basic stuff if they sidestep properly (and they would have larger sidesteps instead of the small steps they make now). Finally, if they ever do a caporeira dude, his sidesteps should duck high attacks, but, if tripped (since he's ducking his whole body and off-balance anyway) should be a nearly guaranteed down hit / throw (guaranteed weak down hit). And no more ranting for this week... or not!
    "Hey, did you see the Rolling Stone magazine with Britney on it? Daammmmnnnnn!!" /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif