1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Daioh vids...

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by plan17, Apr 13, 2002.

1. plan17

plan17 Active Member

who's the Akira i keep seeing in the newest Daioh vids? i think his play is really impressive...

Btw, anyone read Shadowjin's newest review? So full of it. It's so obvious that he's wary of giving Tekken a high rating after bombing his VF4 review... can't stand that guy.

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ohsu Akira.

3. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Well-Known Member

Am I the only one missing those Daioh vids?

I mean they put up 30+ mb vids and take them down after like 5 hours! I don't want to have to rely on FeixaQ for any movies I would have gotten... I would be downloading the rest of the Kanispo Field Tournament, consarn it...

4. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Daitsuke=ohsu?

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yep, don't ask me why, but that's the same Akira in the early Daioh Ohsu clips several months back. *shrugs*

6. plan17

plan17 Active Member

another question... in the latest video 4/14, one akira with over 7000 wins demolishes two opponents but then gets beaten by Ohsu Akira. Who's that Akira?

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

over 7,000 wins? probably mukky. I remember reading he was up to 10,000 tho?

8. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

The only two Akiras I remember with 7000 wins are Mukky (who had 10,000 in a recent clip) and Narugoh.

9. plan17

plan17 Active Member

okay who's the Kage?

okay in the 4/25 vid from Daioh... the fourth match into the video there's a white Kage with a 90% win percentage and 4000+ wins... who is it? he beats up on Lau... who's the Lau anyway? thank yoooooo

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: okay who's the Kage?

"Retirement Kage" maybe?

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yep, that's Yoro Kage (Retired Kage). Apparently he lost his VF.net card some time back, started out with a new card, worked his way to Sho Dan, then somehow found his old card where he has a 90% win ratio and 4000+ wins.

12. solfizz

solfizz Well-Known Member

he hasn't been in any Daioh clips for a week, but I'm really curious who that BEL Kage figure is. for the most part, he played as the green metallic costume with a dragon tail.

-FelixaQ, I imagine BEL could be the "Retired Kage" because of BEL's low game count.... is he?

13. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Nope, BEL is BEL. Yoro Kage is the white Kage in 4-13ero1, 5, 7.

14. DLC

DLC Member

Is it me or does Yoro Kage play a "safe" match? Hesitate to call it "machi" cause I dunno what it looks like in VF, but the style seemed very defensive and safe the instant he got the lead. It's really wierd cause it seemed like he has a feel for the timing and probably could've done just as well.

First really safe style I've seen... seemed pretty succesful at it tho.

DLC

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

It's definitely very safe in that he'll back away from getting RO'ed, and he doesn't go for the big moves (even though he can, I've seen a fair number of his older movies where he does a lot of crazy shit), but he'll interrupt opponent's moves with D,df+P a lot and press the initiative with f,f+P+K against TRers.

But, it could also be the fact that (a) he's playing in a tournament that matters to him, or (b) he needs to keep his wins up because he's at the point where a loss to any Monarch, Fist King, Devil King, Nobleman, Expert or Iron Man nets him a -1.