New Daioh vids...

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by plan17, Apr 13, 2002.

1. plan17

plan17 Active Member

who's the Akira i keep seeing in the newest Daioh vids? i think his play is really impressive...

Btw, anyone read Shadowjin's newest review? So full of it. It's so obvious that he's wary of giving Tekken a high rating after bombing his VF4 review... can't stand that guy.

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ohsu Akira.

3. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Well-Known Member

Am I the only one missing those Daioh vids?

I mean they put up 30+ mb vids and take them down after like 5 hours! I don't want to have to rely on FeixaQ for any movies I would have gotten... I would be downloading the rest of the Kanispo Field Tournament, consarn it...

4. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Daitsuke=ohsu?

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yep, don't ask me why, but that's the same Akira in the early Daioh Ohsu clips several months back. *shrugs*

6. plan17

plan17 Active Member

another question... in the latest video 4/14, one akira with over 7000 wins demolishes two opponents but then gets beaten by Ohsu Akira. Who's that Akira?

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

over 7,000 wins? probably mukky. I remember reading he was up to 10,000 tho?

8. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

The only two Akiras I remember with 7000 wins are Mukky (who had 10,000 in a recent clip) and Narugoh.

9. plan17

plan17 Active Member

okay who's the Kage?

okay in the 4/25 vid from Daioh... the fourth match into the video there's a white Kage with a 90% win percentage and 4000+ wins... who is it? he beats up on Lau... who's the Lau anyway? thank yoooooo

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: okay who's the Kage?

"Retirement Kage" maybe?

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yep, that's Yoro Kage (Retired Kage). Apparently he lost his VF.net card some time back, started out with a new card, worked his way to Sho Dan, then somehow found his old card where he has a 90% win ratio and 4000+ wins.

12. solfizz

solfizz Well-Known Member

he hasn't been in any Daioh clips for a week, but I'm really curious who that BEL Kage figure is. for the most part, he played as the green metallic costume with a dragon tail.

-FelixaQ, I imagine BEL could be the "Retired Kage" because of BEL's low game count.... is he?

13. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Nope, BEL is BEL. Yoro Kage is the white Kage in 4-13ero1, 5, 7.

14. DLC

DLC Member

Is it me or does Yoro Kage play a "safe" match? Hesitate to call it "machi" cause I dunno what it looks like in VF, but the style seemed very defensive and safe the instant he got the lead. It's really wierd cause it seemed like he has a feel for the timing and probably could've done just as well.

First really safe style I've seen... seemed pretty succesful at it tho.

DLC

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

It's definitely very safe in that he'll back away from getting RO'ed, and he doesn't go for the big moves (even though he can, I've seen a fair number of his older movies where he does a lot of crazy shit), but he'll interrupt opponent's moves with D,df+P a lot and press the initiative with f,f+P+K against TRers.

But, it could also be the fact that (a) he's playing in a tournament that matters to him, or (b) he needs to keep his wins up because he's at the point where a loss to any Monarch, Fist King, Devil King, Nobleman, Expert or Iron Man nets him a -1.