1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New dreamcast game in development

Discussion in 'General' started by Seidon, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Developers RedSpot Games have recently announced they are working on a new arcade style shoot'em up with classic 2d gameplay which runs on a hybrid 2D/3D game engine.

The game is entitled Sturmwind and bizarrely enough it is being released for the sega dreamcast.
    From what I have read they plan to release it in the second quarter of 2011.

[​IMG]

Interview
    Gameplay scenes during Interview prepera...(Official site)

2. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    euroshmup?

eh, i'll take it.

3. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    sadly shmups and puzzle games are are the indie scene is capable of releasing for the dreamcast. a shame really. I'd love to see someone tackle a platformer or rpg.

4. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Best shooter to come out for DC was Psyvariar imo... If it beats that game out, I'm sold...

5. Moonbaseone

Moonbaseone Member

I always did like the old school side scrolling shooter from back in the day.

I use to love Thunder/Lighting Force. Imagine one those with online 4 player co-op like Agesis Wing. Though I admit they would have to be heavily tweaked/updated.

Anyways, I hope this game is/does good. But I know I'll probably never pick it up seeing as it's on Dreamcast unfortunately.