1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New England / Boston / Mass/RI/CT playing VF5 ?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Shang, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Re: New England / Boston / Mass/RI/CT playing VF5

Big thanks to Numbers and RushedDown for showing up. Not too bad huh? A good setup and tables + chairs + random food is all thats needed [​IMG] It was my first time hosting, hopefully I can do something better in the future.

Ralph is supercool for taking time out to play and learn VF even when he's successful in so many other fighters. Pretty damn admirable.

He started owning me in SF and Marvel tho lol

2. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers

Thanks for hosting cozby it good to see ur collection of games, books, etc its nice to talk and play with u and ralph , wow man its an 8 min ride to ur house but when ur trooping 45 to 50 mins lol

3. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Wow man!!!!! Blasting out ur info.

Seriously man, u should delete that. I'm not a paranoid person, and i'm almost positive no on vfdc is gonna screw ya, BUT the whole world can look at this thread. And u never know how crazy people can get.

I know it seems inconsequential, but i'm just trying to look out for one of our own when i say u should take ur info down. All <3

4. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin

Your not helping with the fact that you just quoted it so when he deletes that's still there, you do your share too.

I know it seems inconsequential, but i'm just trying to look out for one of our own when i say u should take ur info down. All <3

5. VFnumbers

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers

188 Wadsworth Street Providence RI 02909 google map it lol and see the distance from cozby to my house btw cozby who the hell took ur vf4 and vf4evolution disc man those disc are like the bible lol

6. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

Eh. Come to my house. Just read the party thread. It even tells you how to fly here.

Sometimes you just gotta trust. The risk/reward ratio is good.

Shit - I'm listed. You know my name? You can find my house and my business. Google me: Talis Baltgalvis - I am the only Talis Baltgalvis on Google. Am I in any more danger? Fuck no.

7. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin

Honestly though, I don't care if there's VF5R cabinets in the house, no risk/reward ratio is worth the safety of people. "sometimes you just gotta trust" I agree with that, but in this case when social ruin mentions that the whole world can look at this thread its a different situation then if it wasn't done through the internet. Also not to be pessimistic with your last line and god forbid but what if one of your customer's are fucked in the head or something, you never know. Everyone can say "yeah nothings ever going to happen" and take it easy but hey that's probably the exact same thing any other person said when they gave out their information before they got killed or whatever. TBH and not trying to be hypocritical but in a site like this were there's only like 30 people on at the max at any point of time it's highly unlikely anythings gonna happen let alone the small small chance in the first place.

Bottom Line: Only give out your all your information when you really have to and always have this handy at home and use accordingly.

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

Just stfu, man. You got nothing. You gonna hit someone with a four-edged lawnmover blade because they come to your house?

Hide under a fucking rock. You're talking just to talk. Better yet, hold a VF Gathering at your house and see how wonderful it is. I know you don't own a house. So don't go off on that shit. You've no idea how cool it is for me to have people come to my house for VF. You've no idea how cool it is for Cozby to have people come to his house.

Social Ruin is living up to his name by getting all freaky over personal choice and attempting to thwart a public invite. Blah blah blah.

Play VF.

Invite people over to play VF.

Offline is best.

-or-

Stay in your frightened little fetal position and miss out.

9. VFnumbers

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers

yo cozby imma find a way to counter ur jacky. Jacky's offense resembles that of a wildcat offense in the NFL its tricky to defend and counter him what gonna be his offense at +2 or +4 frame advantage throw, mid, low. I need to get over this fear of jacky has advantage vs lei [​IMG] If not im just gonna continue to doubt, overthink, get confused, freeze up

10. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

It's sooo cheap that Ralph has played R and we haven't [​IMG] I'm gonna learn SF and roll with him lol

Numbers i think you should use 66p more, even abaring with it. Lei-fei has very good moves from mid-range. Also, when I'm at a good disadvantage, to beat my eteg try doing 669k+g.

I've learned to just mindlessly plain attack your lei-fei in-stance instead of guarding, in a 3/4 ratio almost. I'll even try throwing you. Once you ate 33k off of guarded ppp it slowed you down. Sometimes you gotta bust out and go for raw attacks to breakthrough my type of offense, which is heavily dependent on reading and delays. I always vary my offense to high degrees - recognize jacky's strings more and duck under his highs, in moves like 2pk, 4pk, 6pp, or 6pk. When you duck, punish, or 2p to be safe. Jacky isn't much on special highs, 2p will kill him

11. VFnumbers

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers

my problem with lei i dunno know what i should use at mid range there was too many times jacky's 66k, 4k+g 46k just down right kill any attempt. If u notice during our beginning matches i tried to anticipate alot of jacky moves that were evadeable front side 1p, 44p, but to some extent i stop evading when u utilized 44k,46 k+g and other delays to beat failed evade, so i switch it to evade dashing guard or teg with one throw escape hoping ur delay attacks were guaranteed hit u read it well throw or attack with something safe. after that i just abare 43p+k, ppp strings, k ,3/9p+kp hai pp+k, 66p+k. going to koko stance was suicide

12. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

OK!

We're gonna do a repeat this Saturday... this time I'll save the vids of shang getting raped!

13. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

LOL! Good call!

15. VFnumbers

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers

oh snap LMAO [​IMG]

16. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

That image definitely doesn't portray me properly. The nose is all wrong

17. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

No no no. That is a picture of Shang.

18. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

hahaah..the shang is back. Shang, what is your xbl handle?

19. VFnumbers

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers

yo cozby play vf saturday again 10/3/09

20. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

Parteee at my crib saturday. we will be mashin everything. gonna be stupid.