1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Evo Movie clips

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Hamme, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

If there's more updates, I'll post on this thread. I don't want to start up too many thread on only updates.

Thank you. These sites update continually, and they've been doing so since VF4 version C. They stopped recently for some reason, I dunno. Anyway, there's not much of a reason to keep posting updates, when people can figure out that these sites update regularly. It's almost like posting every time Daioh or No Mercy updates their movies, since they often add movies 2-3 times a week (No mercy doesn't add updates as much as they used to). And, like you said, there's no need to start a new thread every time they do so. No offense intended, so don't take it personal. Anyway, I did look at the clip, so this won't sound like I'm totally off-topic. /versus/images/icons/blush.gif

This clip features Sarah and Aoi. Finally, something other than Jacky/Lau/Wolf matchups. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Anyway, Sarah's new throw looks nice (and damaging, too) and there's at least one Sarah combo in the clip that I was a little impressed with. Other than that, nothing stood out.

Aoi's moves look different, but not as drastic as the change that Jacky went through. The range on her mid kick has really been shortened. And I couldn't quite figure out what move followed her [6]+[P], [P][G]. I'm guessing that it's the new double stop(?), but I may be wrong. I'm also clueless as to what move the Aoi player opens round 2 with. Maybe it's [6][6]+[P]+[K]. Aoi pulls off a new throw in this clip, too. I believe it's [3][3]+[P]+[G]. The opportunity for a ground throw followup is guaranteed, which is nice.

It looks like there will be a bunch of Vanessa/Aoi clips available on this site in the near future. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif x4019

3. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks .
    Finnaly some Aoi lovin .

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Curse my archaic PC. The Sarah-Aoi clips bitrate is too high for me to see anything smoothly. Why can't people take pity on poor people like myself and set their recorders to 250-350 like those kind folks who made those monotonous Jacky/Jacky, Jacky/Lau clips.

of all the clips I wanted to see, typical...

5. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Thank you. These sites update continually, and they've been doing so since VF4 version C. They stopped recently for some reason, I dunno. Anyway, there's not much of a reason to keep posting updates, when people can figure out that these sites update regularly. It's almost like posting every time Daioh or No Mercy updates their movies, since they often add movies 2-3 times a week (No mercy doesn't add updates as much as they used to). And, like you said, there's no need to start a new thread every time they do so. No offense intended, so don't take it personal. Anyway, I did look at the clip, so this won't sound like I'm totally off-topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have just few things to say.

First, you're welcome.

Second, No offence taken. I understand where you're coming from.

Third, I didn't intend to start so many new threads. Let me explain, I annouce new updates only 2 times because I'd like to hear people disecting the clips. Also, I wanted this site to be as up-to-date on the news announcement part like vfzone or tbzone. But, the thing is that the two sites mentioned above actually host the ciips they annouced. And now we couldnt get new movies from Creed's ftp, I bet everyone has been scrambling to find evo clips.

Forth, usually I'd found the movies or updates before vfzone or tbzone. They could've been reading VFDC for updates until now that they know our sources. So for the people who just wanted to download the latest evo movies, they can go to vfzone or tbzone for regular updates; Vfzone is the one with the fastest updates. However, I perfer tbzone since vfzone only host 4 clips at a time.

Fifth, now that the evo threads are up, people can look for updates and discussions here at the old threads; Or, just go to vfzone or tbzone.

Last, I'd like to people who want look for more evo clips, you can try http://www.fukayan.com/yamainu/link.html because the site has a compilation of links of sites that host vf4 movies. I found it through Endless fight.

6. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to tease you, but the sarah player did good. No flamingo, tho. So, not much to see.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

hey adio... if you can give me a url to upload to, or if you can get on IRC, I can send a lower bitrate version that your PC will like.

8. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Well-Known Member

omg Daioh updated with Evo clips! [​IMG]

(please tell me this is new)

[EDIT] Gawd, CreeD posted this at the same time or something. Nevermind. [​IMG]

9. DuoWing

DuoWing Active Member

10. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

Re: More Evo Vids

DuoWing: thanks for the update. Oh that sarah, she so mean! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

Triple Lei: You and Creed are fast. /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif I looked up Daioh this morning end even after I saw your post, it didn't showed any updates. But, when I press the reload, I see it. It's strange. /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

So many Sarah clips, all in one day. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Is it me? It seem all of sudden sarah became popular. Well. all of the clips are good. And, wolf is actual good. I am not dissing Texas I think he only post the matches he lost. Probably let other people analyze his opponents to find some weakness.

Back to analyze, I see something strange happen at the end of daioh evo2 clip; Wolf did a [4][6][P]+[K],[6_][P],[6_],[P],[4][P], then went for a low throw, but sarah was able to TechRoll. /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif Damn! That's got to hurt. This makes wolf so hard to use now.

11. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

I think Aoi looks a whole lot better. Her moves are short and kept close to her body, like Aikido is supposed to be.

And someone tell that guy that played with her, that she has reversals

12. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

She always had reversals dude..

13. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Actually, Aoi's got some distance this time around, and not evryone uses reversals, as they're a bit risky.

14. DuoWing

DuoWing Active Member

15. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Re: Site Update

Now that you mentioned the clip, I have some comments:

* We finally get to see the new DLC variant.

* Akira player seemed to always follow a MC SDE with a [3][3][6][P][6][P] instead of DJK. Is that a better followup or he just wants to practice it and know how to use it quickly?

* Somewhere in the clip we see Akira mC Lau's circular rising attack with the new Knee Attack ( [G]+[K] ? ) and producing a stagger. Is the knee really fast enough to do that or it's just that the Lau player didn't block properly?

* Someone please confirm whether Akira's (And most of everybody else's) standing low kick is special low or just a regular low. It looks a little bit too fast for players to block by reflex.

16. GaijinPunch

The knee is really quick. Quick enough to pull off during some floats and then follow up with the punch-shoulder combo. I've had a 100pt+ combo done on me with no wall.

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

ouch, what? 50% damage for one akira combo? even the really good akira players have trouble with doing that in VF4C. What's the combo?
    shrm, knee, P, shrm, dbpm?

18. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Interesting. This is kinda what I was hoping for when we were talking about our desired changes in VF4 Evo from Version C. I always wanted the option of staggering my opponent with an elbow after blocking a low attack, but you can't land an elbow after blocking because a Sgpm will come out instead. So this is a nice addition.

But man, %50 damage combos? Are they also weight dependent or something?

19. GaijinPunch

The only thing I can remember is the ending. It might've gone something like:

Uppercut (the new one, which floats)
    punch
    punch
    Knee, foream, shoulder

I don't know the commands, or the names. If you see the full three-hit knee combo, you'll know. The shoulder ending actually looks more like a head butt. It ENDED with that, and all three of them hit!

Also, I already had some damage done. It *looked* like half. In relatively, it could've been 85-90, but it was definitely more than shoulder-punch-shoulder-double palm.

Most likely, that new uppercut of his has to hit on a counter. I suppose it's possible I was in the air -- I did my best to forget it. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

20. DuoWing

DuoWing Active Member