1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New header for the site

Discussion in 'General' started by Myke, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The main banner graphic is an original piece created by Regan Curtis, who happens to be a personal friend, and is a newly registered member here on VFDC. He was also kind enough to touch up the VFDC logo which looks so much better now. Thanks mate!

Hope you guys like it!

2. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

awesome!, can someone tell me what the reflection is of in her eyes?, I can't quite make it out /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=blue> I move through the shadows with neither sound nor form, I ride the winds and command the storm </font color=blue>

3. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Looks like Akira to me.

Chia Jin Ngee
    ...we live in the Age of Bacteria - Stephen Jay Gould

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ooh, I just noticed the new banner. Very nice! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

[​IMG]

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Looks great!
    I didn't know Dural had eye lashes... :-o
    Is that Sarah in the reflection? Kage would have been a better choice IMO... Kage confronting Dural and looking into her eyes hoping to find his mother's soul and all... ah, forget it, it still looks great.

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater

6. Triple Lei

Triple Lei Well-Known Member

It really looks great! Much easier on the eyes... ^ ^

7. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

It looks ab fab! You guys should be proud. The header now has the stylish look it needs. The reflection in the eyes are a nice touch. The face is just abstract enough that it could be almost anyone (which works).

-----
    "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How the elephant got in my pajamas, I don't know."
    -- Groucho Marx

8. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts
    Gee....with all this talk about the new header, I really wish I could see it. For the past few days I just thought I was missing it, but it really isn't there. I'm running Netscape 4.76 on a mac, and still haven't seen Dural or the cool reflection in her eyes :(

9. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Try IE5 Mac, if you can. NS + Mac = hellish nightmare. Always has been, for me, personally.

--
    [​IMG]

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The banner graphic is set as a background image in a table cell, which isn't supported in older versions of Netscape. I'll fix it up tonight so that it's just a plain image in the cell.

But to put you out of your misery, you can view the banner graphic directly <A target="_blank" HREF=http://virtuafighter.com/images/banner.jpg>here</A>.

11. Karma

Karma Member

It's Akira. No doubt.

12. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

Netscape 4+ really sux; it has poor W3C support. No CSS, and most pages turn out looking horrible. Netscape 6.1 is better, but still its CSS support is limited - you can't see coloured scrollbars, and the background fixing property is still unsupported. IMHO, not to sound like a Microsoft supporter, but you're better off using IE5 at the very least. 5.5 will give you coloured scrollbar support.