1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New movie: Sega-Lu vs Dragon Jiji (2)

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by feixaq, Sep 27, 2001.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Downloaded from VF4fx [media]

Sega-Lu gets his revenge on Dragon Jiji in this clip. Props to the webadmin of InfoMatrix for actually sending me an ICQ to tell me that the new movie is up! Woohoo! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

[​IMG]

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Whoa, I just noticed this. In the reflection on the screen, at the start of the clip, you see a man wearing a white shirt, black vest and bowtie, cleaning the arcade machines?! Damn, that's service for ya!

[​IMG]

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

SS (MC) -> P -> P -> SS looks like it still takes half life!

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

SS (MC) -> P -> P -> SS looks like it still takes half life!

Yeah, that looks about right. It looks like attacks that hit as MC do serious damage, but the hits after the juggle don't. For instance, when Akira's Shrm hits as a MC, it does the same amount of damage that the P ->DLC followup does. If Lau's sweep hits as a MC it looks like it does about the same damage as the whole PPPd+K canned combo. I could be stating the obvious, but I didn't think a MC attack was that powerful.

Well anyway, I like Dragon Jiji's Shun. I wonder if this is how the infamous Nelson played with his Shun.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

they've likely gone back to the vf1/2 formula of MC'ing, which is +50 % damage of the interrupting move.

in vf3 it was + 50 % base damage of _move interrupted_. so kage MC'ing lau's punch with a kickflip gave you only 56 points. which really sucked. if it's back to vf1/2 formulae, he'll get 75 points. and jacky will get 90 points on a kickflip MC. yay!

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Now if only he could high pounce after kickflips. (jacky and kage both)...

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>