1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Movies from Daioh

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by feixaq, Dec 10, 2001.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Howard (segaduck) and I have been scouring the Japanese and Taiwanese bulletin boards for more VF4 clips. We've found 24 over the past weekend, and I'll be uploading/categorizing them all to VF4fx hopefully by end of day today.

The first three are from http://www.daioh.com , a local arcade in Japan. Daioh.com only puts up 1-2 clips per day, and then they take it offline thereafter. I am going to email the webmaster to see if he can upload the earlier clips to my FTP server, but if not, I'll just have to start from now and download on a daily basis.

Daioh Cup Movie #4 and #5 feature five matches apiece, and each comes in < 20MB.

Field Tournament Movie #2, even though it's just one match, is absolutely worth downloading. The Akira and Kage players in this matchup are awesome (is that Kyasao? He sports an 89% record after 4000 matches and is ranked Emperor). Great match, amazing comebacks on both sides, strategic play... highly recommended download.

(21 more movies coming soon...)

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

One more just in... Tokai League Battle Movie #1 between Akira and Lei Fei.

3. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

Thx Chris for the <b><i>7 Spheres</b></i> MPEG. This was my first download of a "zipped" mpeg. it took 12 minutes with DSL @ 160 Baud. Thx to CreeD for helping w/ unzipping file FAQ. All the best!

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

<b><i>7 Spheres</b></i> MPEG.

I'm not trying to nitpick, but were you trying to write bold and in italics? Click <font color=orange>FAQ</font color=orange> at the top of the page and read the info.

5. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Daioh Cup no. 5: My machine has troubles playing it (randomly freezes, unfreezes 5 seconds later) but it looks like they've got a good Sarah player on there... unfortunately she likes pounces to the point of doing dragon cannon -> pounce instead of a punch string. :)

6. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Chris, I can never seem to download any of the movies from your site. It states something along the lines of, "Too many connections from your account..." I don't understand how this can be happening - can ya help a brutha out?

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

unfortunately she likes pounces to the point of doing dragon cannon -> pounce instead of a punch string

If it's a tournament, the Sarah player might have been forsaking style and going for the most damage. Until we have the numbers, I'm willing to believe that a pounce interrupting a tech roller does equivalent damage to the chop-kick flamingo kickflip. The pounce option might actually leave Sarah in a better position for okizeme too.

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hey man, hmm... I've heard of that error 2 or 3 times... I'm not sure exactly what it is, but the way I set up the FTP server is such that I allow 7 connections, but no more than 1 connection from 1 IP address (so that you don't have situations whereby 1 guy is hogging all 7 allowable connections).

"Too many connections from your account" may mean one of two things, depending on what FTP client you are using (or whether you are using the built-in FTP client in Internet Explorer). (1) is that you are sharing an IP with someone else who is logged into the site... not likely, but it might be possible if your IP is dynamically allocated. (2) is more likely... basically, the "anonymous user" account has the maxclients=7 maxIPperClient=1... so the FTP server maxes out on anonymous users, hence "too many connections from the "anonymous user" account".

Um, I just shut down the FTP server 30 mins ago to perform system maintenance, but am starting it up again very shortly (5 mins), so if you are reading this... try downloading right about now. Lastly, I would use WS_FTP or CuteFTP to login to the FTP server, then you can download a whole folder worth of files at a time and remain logged in throughout.

If you still have problems getting access to files, but are looking for 2-3 files in particular, ICQ me and I can send them out to you over ICQ (or MSN Messenger). (But my personal computer at home is limited to 128kbps upstream, so it might take awhile...)

Hope this helps...

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

One more Daioh movie out today, Kyasao(?) vs Bun Bun Maru...

10. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

(Howard/Segaduck) I am glad that so many people interested in VF4 movies as Chris and I. If anyone finds new movies on the WWW, please let's know. Thanks.