1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New movies.

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by CreeD, Dec 12, 2001.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Feixaq's bigass batch of new movies from Daioh and Battle Arena (VF/general gaming sites) is now mirrored on my server. In the process anyway - I'm DLing them still.
    Anyway, the address is
    <a target="_blank" href=ftp://vf.dyndns.org/RECENT%20VF%20MOVIES/>ftp://vf.dyndns.org/RECENT%20VF%20MOVIES/</a>
    - the movies that were in that folder before are now in the VF Archive folder, but not catalogued in any way yet. Have fun. Some of these are quite good. I'm not fond of the concept of one round movies though - go for the big wmv's, one of them has five fairly good matches, including some strong Shun Di for those wanting to learn.

2. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

Haha .. I can't help it, I have to post this one.

It is "Hum Gar Ling", not "Ham Gar Ling". LOL ~~

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

OH YAH!
    LOL :)

4. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

First one JimiTauvs. took 16 min. to download. Excellent Vanessa vs. Jacky battle.
    domo aligator.

5. Dawnrain

Dawnrain Member

sorry of off-topic...

for we, China-Cantonese,

We seldomly said "Diu Lei lo mo Ham Gar ling"

and would say "Diu Lei lo mo Ham Gar Ch'ang"

and " Diu lei lo mo " and " Ham Gar Ling " are stand alone dialogue. where " Diu Lei Lo Mo " is and Action and " Ham Gar Ling " is a descritive to describe a person.

So, use it consistant-ly and ...

PRACTISE MAKES PERFECT!!!!!!!!

Haha...

Language studier

Hugo

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Of coz the proper wording is
    'Diu Lei lo mo Hum Gar Chan'

But u're not seriously expecting me to say that to my friend or to anyone at all?!

Thus, the players here usually (there are always the few dickheads that tend to behave differently) tend to say 'ham gar ling' instead of ham gar chan'.

More often as a joke/vent anger, never meant as a serious swearing/curse.

But I guess for some of the non-cantonese speaking board members here...well..might as well learn to swear properly
    hehehehhehe....

7. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

But I guess for some of the non-cantonese speaking board members here...well..might as well learn to swear properly

OK, I'll bite...What does it mean in English?