1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Shun player

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Luya, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Luya

Luya Active Member

Not quite as I've often used him in VF2 not VF3. For some reasons in VF4, the P+G allows to drink one sake when I attempt to throw opponent. Usually, it's done with b+P+K+G. This old man never cease to be amazing. I've humiliated a Lei player(well, we're average) by making fun with siting position and keep drinking. Does anyone know which attacks execution have been changed?

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Hmm... you must be brushing the K button when you hit P+G. If you just hit P+G you should get a whiffed throw animation.

Click on the graphic in my sig to get to the virtuaproject movelists. Also, if you can contribute to the "confirmation of which moves cause Shun to get penalized drunken points and how that penalty is calculated" thread at virtuaproject, please do.

Search this forum for Shun threads. (Notice the search query box above the forum index.) There's been a lot of discussion about him in the past 2 weeks alone.

One move that was lost is the simple backflip from standing, unless Nelson figured out how to do it without telling us about it... ;)

3. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Yeah, noticed the backflip was gone

4. Luya

Luya Active Member

Doh! At least some other attacks compensate that loss. Thanks for the link. Will correct the P+G throw.

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

What move has "replaced" shuns D+pke ? (the side attack cartwheel)

6. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I thought the command in VF3 was f+k+e but I have not played 3 for about 3 months so I am probally mistaken. It is now his dodging attack so the command would be p+k+g while dodging.

7. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Shun's dodging cartwheel is f+K+E in VF3.

However, he does have a move done with d+K+E: with his back turned he can do his normal low kick, hitting away from his opponent. (d+K with back turned would result in a TT low kick.)

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Ahh, ok, so he retained the attack?

9. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

The Aerial (sideways-cartwheel) which was performed f+K+E in VF3, is in VF4 and is now performed by pressing P+K+G while dodging (for example: u, P+K+G). So yes, that move is still in the game.

Being able to do a low kick while you're turned around (d+K+E in VF3) doesn't seem to exist in VF4.

I think the confusion came from you posting with the command input d+PKE or something like that when you apparently meant f+K+E. Hope all is clear now.

-Chanchai

10. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

It's also really good now. Much better priority than it used to have you can actually snuff high risers with it:)