1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Side Roll Ukemi Catching Idea

Discussion in 'Goh' started by JaLoHa21, Jul 9, 2012.

1. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    I know that you can catch your opponent with his crouching grab if they Ukemi to the side, I've come to find that if your opponent Side Rolls you can EASILY catch them with his 3K,P. This can get you a meaty combo to do 79 Damage to your opponent, I guarantee you they'll think twice about Side Rolling after that!

2. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    or ne mid, u cant eteg mids like u used to in vanilla if u time ur attack/mid on okizeme. you dont have enough time to evade mid, no eteg on wakeup, unless they time it slow wrong.

3. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Ya, I realized that after I tried it in a match. I kinda jumped the gun on that. Sorry, don't mind me.

4. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    nono, thats why 3k is very good
    ( : i agree..

5. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Oh, so it works but just not as much as I thought it did. Cause I did notice you can't SS it after a wake up when I fought a good"ish" Goh today. The thing is that if they block it, it's a Grab punish...

6. MalahkAngel

MalahkAngel Active Member

I'm gonna have to try that one out. I've noticed that with FS, 2/8 K+G isn't as consistent as it used to be, so I've been trying to figure out ways to take out side rollers.

7. JaLoHa21

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    What I usually do is usually just run up to them while their getting up and 2K+G, if it catches them on CH it gives you some big advantage and even on normal hit it gives you plus frames. I find it to be better than 3K+G if you time it right.