1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New starter lobbies.

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by spiron, Jun 6, 2012.

1. spiron

spiron Well-Known Member

Hey guys, i really want us new players to get a feel for the game more and more. what better way then to grind it out with hour after hour of matches with each other? please feel free to post info on lobbies you want to host. we can just keep updating here and hopefully all of us get in some good times together.

as for me, i am starting a lobby today on PSN, at 5PM EST. My name on PSN is sneakwars. look for the room, or add me and msg me and i will be happy to invite. i will be kind of half way busy today but will play when i can, if i can't i will leave the lobby open anyway till late into the night.

lets keep in the spirit. lets learn, lets get salty, but most of all lets have some fun and try to help each other grown a tiny bit in a new game.

2. gns168

gns168 Member

PSN:
    gns168
    XBL:
    gns168
    sounds like a great idea. will add you when I get on

3. Kendrik

Kendrik New Member

I'll try to remember to look for you later on today. Would love to play in a lobby with VFDC folks. I'm ubernewb right now, but I've gotta start somewhere, no?

4. spiron

spiron Well-Known Member

Hey guys needed to close it a bit early, just have some things to do. anyway i will prob open it again at midnight if anyone is around. and it will be back up tomorrow at some point also just check topic for updates, lol gns just got your friend request as i am writing this post, hope to play soon!

shout outs too all the players that joined today

cornyflint08
    dalta89
    ristalkie
    KBKaabii
    xantre_dareus

goofy but fun games. =0 remember any of us can start a lobby, just post on in here and people are bound to find it. see ya all again real soon!

[UPDATE] going live at midnight, will hit up shout box also, prob stay open til 2-3 am est

[UPDATE2] gg to gns168 we must have played a good hour. sorry for my overly bad brad. you're aoi is a step ahead of my pai indeed. hope to play again!

5. nstalkie

nstalkie Member

Oh hey, only saw this post today.

I'm "ristalkie". I know I should use an easier to remember username haha. (my actual PSN is nstalkie).

GGs to the guys I played, I need some experience because I'm a complete noob myself as well.

I'll make sure to keep an eye out for your room the next couple of days.

6. gns168

gns168 Member

PSN:
    gns168
    XBL:
    gns168
    That was awesome spiron. GG's as well to you as well.

I set up a PSN chat room so to make it easier to communicate; in case we want to practise something in particular or discuss during viewing mode

Pai: Glad we are the same level; so many intense matches. Still remember the ones where I panic and lose after being up 2-0 LOL.

Starting to understand the "reading opponent" thing. Some matches one of use would completely dominate the other

Brad: that makes my wolf worse LOL you stepping all over him

7. spiron

spiron Well-Known Member

Hey guys. good to see us all hungry. lets keep that spirit going.lets not be afraid to lose, lets be afraid or not wanting to try. and if anyone wants to post ;obbies go ahead this topic is for us all.

nstalkie don't be too hard on yourself we are new here really. if we all keep playing we all will only get better. nippon come some great advice last night if we all focus on the basics in 2 weeks time we will be alot better, and from there. well sky's the limit. GG man hope to see more of ya.

gns168 good stuff man, saw the chat as i logged off will be in there no doubt.

your aoi really is nice so far, your one BnB combo does so much damage, every time i get hit by it i know i will be eating a good % of my life. right now my game seems to circle a lot around pokes and throwing out high risk 50/50, i have some combos but miss them half the time. but hell yeah intense matches. i think i only ever beat your Aoi 3-2, were you had some 3-0 on her a few times. i look forward to more runs at her man.

haha and no doubt both our subs need work =0 we shall get better man.

speaking of which! lobby's for today, i will have one open again 4PM EST and run that till around 7 , then i am going to take a break and watch the Celtics Heat game. going to open again at midnight just like last night. remember everyone is welcome. come on in and just play it out.

8. spiron

spiron Well-Known Member

Also one fast big note. i've noted having troubles finding rooms. if you just search world wide. i've found that if you search for 8 players and world wide it helps pop up the room you are looking forward. something to keep in mind if you have trouble finding my room, just search world wide for 8 players.

9. KarnF91

KarnF91 Active Member

I'll try to get in on that lobby today. PSN is Karn0010.

10. RzaRectah

RzaRectah Member

Whats up everyone? VF n00b here, lets get some of these rooms going tonight around 6-9:00 west coast time. My tag is: lazybird123

11. hurtfulthings

hurtfulthings Member

PSN:
    hurtfulthings
    I'd like to join in if you don't mind a coast-to-coast connection.

12. RzaRectah

RzaRectah Member

My understanding is that the net-code in this game is so good that it is identifical to offline so I don't think it should be a problem. I think we should have a lobby room name so everyone knows to join it, like maybe VFDCTraining or something.

13. spiron

spiron Well-Known Member

great afternoon matches. really a lot of fun, good mind games and mixups, now we just gotta start getting our hit confirms down. thanks to
    karn0010
    bigdizza1
    picconodainaoh
    GNS

hopefully see more of ya again tonight at Midnight EST. be there and lets all get bodied!

14. spiron

spiron Well-Known Member

hey man you are more then welcome to come we take everyone, if you end up laggy we will say but i think most of us so far are east coast. come learn with us and have fun. i am openning up my lobby again at midnight EST but if you want to start one go ahead i am sure people on here will join in.

15. spiron

spiron Well-Known Member

and yeah that sounds good man will be Midnight for me right when i start mine, hope to see ya man, we got a nice handful of guys so far.

16. RzaRectah

RzaRectah Member

Alright man for sure!

17. hurtfulthings

hurtfulthings Member

PSN:
    hurtfulthings
    In that case, please invite me once you open the room.

18. hurtfulthings

hurtfulthings Member

PSN:
    hurtfulthings
    ggs y'all

(I'll preface by saying that I'm garbage at fighting games)

spiron, you need to start techrolling. Most of the damage that I was getting with lion came from pseudocombos that were totally escapable. It seemed like you could've beaten me pretty easily if it came down to fundamentals.

There was an aoi player named gns-something. Don't know if he has an account here, but he kept blocking my elbow->lunge punch and responding with strike attacks. That thing's -13 on block, so it should be more reliably punishable with throws. I know people online tend to mash even at disadvantage, but I try not to.

19. spiron

spiron Well-Known Member

thank you for the insight hurtful, and please let me just say please don't be ever hold back words and thoughts here, we are all big boys and we all want to learn and get better.

techrolling is something i need to start doing indeed. in fact going to practice it more tomorrow. took far to much damage for free indeed. thank you for sticking with us, as long as you did, i hope to step my game up and give you a better fight if you ever want to give me one again =0

20. spiron

spiron Well-Known Member

[sneakwars day 2 lobby wrap up.]

once again thank you to everyone who came out and practiced had a few hours and many fine matches this evening i think a few of us hit a walled named lion , played by hurtfulthings. shout outs to him btw for showing us we all need to work on our basics more.

spacing.
    techrolling.
    punishing unsafe on block moves.
    and in general trying to block and not to mash as much.

speaking purely for myself i have a lot of work to do on my basics. i think i do a ok job at throwing up some mix ups here and there but those mix ups are build upon a very shaky basic game the moment. i gotta stop being lazy if i want to get better.

still a total blast today. thank you one and all, i will post tomorrow about a lobby, keep eyes open and keep that learning button pressed down. SPAM THAT SHIT.