1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New TBZone Movies

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Mr. Noisy, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

TBZone just put up some new movies
    There're 5 clips feature ShinZ playing Akira

Really wanna see how well he plays (as I'm still downloading)

2. metalbutter

metalbutter Active Member

ShinZ's akira.

that was alien's play.

what a awesome.

3. MoebiusNu

MoebiusNu Member

ShinZ's Akira is pretty much a let down from what I could gather thus far. Any one who'd think otherwise? Seems like his lil brother isn't too far off...

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

A letdown?
    Before I express my views on why I am sooooo impressed by his akira...why don't u do me a fav and explain why u consider it a letdown?

5. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

anyone else notice that they're direct feed videos?

GE

6. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

¾È³çÇü¼¿ä? Excellent mpegs selections of VF4 fight! I have a link that should make you smile at: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/Lion>http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/Lion</a> It is easy to find with a mouse-over and two clicks. Excellent link to your page.
    An-e-ga-say-yo.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

he played pretty strong, but I still can't figure out why someone who can DL in their sleep did SDE (MC) ==> DE.
    After seeing 1000 akira clips, it's hard for akira kid to impress. Sure, he wins.. but he always wins. I liked low kick cancel into shrm.

8. MoebiusNu

MoebiusNu Member

I guess maybe it's too little too late. I was really hoping to see another technical and dexterity revolution as he did with the KS back in VF3. This time around things just didn't look quite as innovative. Sure the cancels into something else is neat, but then again, that almost seemed hard-wired into the system anyway. I guess overall just wasn't that impressed by it. Maybe this IS the technical peak of VF4. And I guess the game is more focused on strategies, mental games, instead of building on a stepwise revolution of skillsets earned or discovered (e.g. KS, or dodge canceling of VF3) Just my $0.02.

9. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

And I still can't access the downloads page to download any of the clips....

-Chanchai

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

come on IRC and I'll DCC 'em to you.

11. Kaede

Kaede Active Member

The download page is up again. There are also 3 new Lion(Shinz) vs Akira(Moonsuk) movies.

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I just don't see why anyone should consider his Akira gameplay a let down. Compare his Akira with the Akira I've been seeing at Daioh or anywhere else...there's simply no comparison...the way he keeps attack by dodging->CD-> shoulder is just way impressive... the speed of his attacks, not to mention the almost non existence of easy combos like SDE->DJK etc etc...

""""Sure the cancels into something else is neat, but then again, that almost seemed hard-wired into the system anyway"""

It's not how he does the CDs or the cancels...it's how he used it in battle and the consistencies of it that makes his Akira so much more impressive to me.

But like u said...I'm just adding my 2cents.

BTW..there's two more new clips at TBzone
    one featuring Akira kid n his fast Akira movements..
    the other features his Lei's non stop stance switches..making Lei a very confusing n hard opponent!

Like Alliner said
    'what alien gameplay'

Good stuff mate~

13. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

14. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Oh yeah...Creed and I were very briefly talking about it on IRC on Friday. What I want to know, is *how* they did it. GE, we're fortunate to have Vince be so very flexible and if we knew how to get direct feed recordings...need I say more!? :)

15. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I can tell you that at UCLA VF4 is running on a regular TV through an S-Video cable. Maybe there's an S-Video Jack on the N2?

Spotlite

16. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

nope, just a vga connector.

17. Seismo17

Seismo17 Member

i downloaded the six lion clips.
    i'm not too interested in akira and lei clips but i would download some of them to see the other stages in detail and to listen to the music, i nearly have every vf4 clip but you know there weren't many direct feeds and i think those are the best clips available.
    so could someone please tell me in which of the act4 movies i can see the following stages:

-gym
    -cave
    -shrine
    -city
    -temple
    -arena
    -castle

that would be very nice...

thx
    TimBo

18. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

19. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: New N o Mercy Movies

i downloaded the six lion clips. Check out: No Mercy page linked through TBZone. mpeg12.7.01 No Mercy's Metal Butter vs. ESCAPE Lion vs. Akira. Something never seen before. <font color=black>Also xaxak vs parapa_DX Lion vs. Lion Battle Royale</font color=black>
    ( ^ ^ ; <font color=black><>The Brotherhood of Lion<></font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/Lion>http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/Lion</a>

20. Seismo17

Seismo17 Member

Re: New N o Mercy Movies

what do you mean???

TimBo