1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

new throws explaination

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Wolf-Child, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Wolf-Child

Wolf-Child New Member

In VF4 some characters have a new throw which is either:

d, f, u, b or u, f, d, b+P+G

does this mean u have 2 roll the motion 360-style or tap each move individually? If anyone knows how 2 do this move and can explain it further, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Roll through the entire motion. Don't tap each direction out individually.

3. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Yes. That apllies to Sarah's Kick Beat. But I've yet to pull it off, as soon as I move the stick back she goes into a backflip. I must train harder, I was never good at the Zangief Spinning Piledriver.

Adio.

4. Prince_Hatim

Prince_Hatim Well-Known Member

Try holding the guard button during the first part of the throw?!?

<font color=yellow>Once a champion.....Always a champion</font color=yellow>

[​IMG]

5. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

You can't. Pressing guard will take you out of the Flamingo Stance which, you need to be in to perfom the Kick beat.

Adio.

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I think you have to buffer the motion from a move in order for Sarah to stay in her stance and execute the throw. Haven't seen the throw at all though.

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

It's not a link throw if that's what you mean, for example K+G, f+P+G (Heel Seed>Neck Cutter) but, I guess I could try it while in another moves frame set but the timing would have to be spot on as the motion for the throw is long and delicate. Sigh... whoever said the satisfaction came from the journey and not the destination was a prat....

Adio.

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Mmm, I meant something along the lines of like, let's say while in Flamingo stance you do a P (let's assume you stay in the stance after, I don't know if that's really true), as soon as you do the P start the motion. By the time you finish, the P has ended and you can just press P+G to execute the throw. This way you won't backflip.

9. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    I've seen the new throw and oh boy it's the best throw i've seen. I feel sorry for the poor sucker who caught by that throw in a crouded arcade :)

THAT'S.......IT.......NOW!!!

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

What's the damage?

11. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

wow!! those sticks are gonna get hurt!!

12. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Yes. I guess it could work if I press kick. Punch will take you out of the stance.

Adio.

13. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Could you please describe it and give an estimate of it's damage please?

Adio.

14. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    I'll try and describe the move as best I can but you have to see the move live to know exactly what i'm talking about. Sarah in her stance starts to erm let me see flick her leg very violently (the leg that's hanging) at the oponents face changing the angle of her leg during each blow very fast, and proceeds to do this roughly 8 times maybe more, I was in a bit of shock so the number could be slighty higher. Also the camera angle changes during complex or high damging throws, so the camera angle ended up about 7 o'clock from Sarah's postion zoomed in a bit so you could see every blow bounce the oponents head around. As i said in a previous post this has to be the ultimate piss take move untill the novelty wears off.
    Forgot to mention damage as well, well the damage is not great but to be honest it doesn't matter :)

THAT'S.......IT.......NOW!!!

15. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

just being vanessa and winning is the most ultimate piss take for now. she doesn't win with grace or beautiful style, she just batters opponents, have you seen her two part wall throws thats what i call bruising to the ego!!!! her low throws her HCF throw her 3/4 throws, need i go on?

16. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Honestly, Vanessa beating the crap out of someone so brutally.... I really find it PRETTY DAMN SEXY! And I mean it! She could take me on any given day!

-Chanchai

17. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Indeed.

Adio.

18. Hollow

Hollow Member

Aoi has two new throws w/ 3/4 motion.
    1:she side steps,breaks your wrist, then piroettes the opponent around her until they fall backwards on their ass.
    2: She has a wrist take down where you end up on your stomach, and she bends your wrist backwards, then(multipart, yay!) pulls your arm up to expose your chest, and kicks you in the sturnum(spellcheck), The area right under your ribcage, knock ing the wind out'o' ya!!

19. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

aha! now you know my secret foreplay w/ wifey... started w/ Soul Calibur... wifey would whip me incessantly ... and ... now wifey gets joy from Vanessa punching Wolf and stomping him... gad we have gotten kinky... they line up at http://www.chinatownfair.com to play little fox Aoi with bubble butt, belly button ring and good skills...I have seen men w/ ability to do GS w/ eyes closed ...do sacrifice set-up for Aoi multi-throw and 270...they beg to be reversed too. ...all this just to see Breat Bounce as Little fox celebrates w/ enthusiasm.... on topic: Lion's Catch Throw: f,db+P+G,d-> Stab 'em and Slab 'em ( df+P,P->etc.)/versus/images/icons/blush.gif

20. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: new throws question

<font color=red>Myke</font color=red>... is this also true for Lion's Catch Throw... can we tap forward and then roll to down back and then hit P+G? I've been embarassed by trying this and rolling too far and getting Face Grab ( HCB+P+G) by mistake....darn banana fingers. props on all the work you've done for us. ( nycat bends from waist in deep bow)