1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to Brad Burns

Discussion in 'Brad' started by MTKickboxing, Jan 8, 2008.

1. MTKickboxing

MTKickboxing New Member

I just got my PS3, and being a fighting game enthusiast I jumped up to get VF5. Unfortunately, I hadn't played a virtua fighter since the original on the Dreamcast. So, I was rusty to say the least. Back in that game, I always played with Jacky, and now when I tried him he lost all his appeal. That's when I saw Brad Burns. The connection was immediate, and I was back in the game in no time. What I was wondering if there were any strategies, that I should know about, or anything special for him in general.

2. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

He has some very damaging combos. Especially juggles. Slip left punch is a monster too. Check out the Brad strategy section, it will give a lot of the right ideas.

3. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

The original was on the Saturn - the Dreamcast version was VF3.

4. MTKickboxing

MTKickboxing New Member

Oh, my bad.

5. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome, MTKickboxing.
    Brad has a lot damaging combos and moves that evade attacks while delivering combo possibilites.
    Try to always keep in mind which way Brad's back/chest is facing, you will need to know this when doing Slipping and certain combos require that you know you opponent's foot position and yours but that's more advanced stuff.
    There are certain moves that will change Brad's foot position meaning also which way his back/chest is facing. Moves such as
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and others will change your foot position that's why when you play with Brad you have to think ahead when doing combos or trying to link moves/series together. One miscalculation and you might end up doing a high attack from Slipping when you meant to do a mid and mistakes like these could cost you the round.

Brad is the perfect character for players who like games such as chess or puzzle games. He's also good for players that like to fight at mid range (Brad's best range, imho) and he's also good at long range as well.
    The evasive properties of his stances are really cool too. ALL of Brad's stances have evasive properties so try to make good use of that without abusing it, being predictable is one of the worst things that you could do with Brad. Keep your opponents guessing >Slip>attack next time >Slip>throw >Slip>Phase Turn>attack >Slip>Phase Turn>throw etc.

6. MTKickboxing

MTKickboxing New Member

Thanks for that.