1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to the VF Scene. Guys got any pointers?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by RIZ, Mar 14, 2002.

1. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

It's true. I'm new to this board, but I've taken interest in VF. I've been a faithful Tekken player for only God knows how long and have been alive in that community.

Now though, I'd like to taste something new, Virtua Fighter 4. Recently I was at March Madness 2K2, a big East Coast Tournament, and they had thrown a VF4 tournament. I was suprised to see such high lvl play that I was inspired to pick it up myself. Well, the next move seemed to join here and ask questions. I play Jacky and Lei Fei, trying to learn Pai Chan..

Is there a complete movelist on this site, by any chance? It would help out tremendously.

-<font color=red>RIZ</font color=red> /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

2. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

Goto the main page of www.virtuafighter.com
    and one left side...u see the names of the fighters under vf4.
    click on them for detailed move lists and discussions.

3. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Welcome RIZ!!

I think you'll find that this sight kicks tail. As for you picking up VF4, congrats to you on making the best decision of your life.

As for pointers, all I could say is try to avoid the Jamboree\ Florida thread. It's a lot of trashing talking-- unless you enjoy that sort of thing. Also, don't be afraid to use the search function. There is a lot of old stuff you can dig up. Otherwise, if you have a question you just can't find the answer to just post it and I'm sure someone on VFDC knows. Some people on here are (to quote Daniel quoting Dirty Jim) "a tomb of knowledge".

Anyway, did you have any particular questions now?

Well, have fun learning VF4. It rocks and is superbetter than Tekken, IMO!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Again, welcome!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

word, RIZ!

good to see another tekken player see the light; interesting how there seems to be the most movement from tekken to vf during vf4; perhaps yu suzuki did his homework? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

for starters, since you're a tekken player, you could go to gamefaqs.com and find the vf for tekken players FAQ, that should get you started on jacky(jacky's insanely easy to pick up).

for lei fei and pai, both have a mini "dojo" written on this site; go to their respective VF4 home pages at the home page on this site and you should be able to find them.

that should get you started.

well,