1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VF(and this forum)

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by hoodlum, May 12, 2002.

1. hoodlum

hoodlum New Member

Hey. Hate to be a n00b but I just bought Virtua Fighter 4, and I've never played any other game in the series, and I was wondering what character has the best combos that aren't too hard to pull of.

2. Ellinas

Ellinas Well-Known Member

Above all, you should play as whoever interests you and is fun to play for you.

If you want to learn the basics of the game, Jacky is probably the best choice. He's a very straightforward character, and he can be very effective in the hands of a beginner. He has some easy juggles and a super easy juggle starter. Do training > trial from start to finish, that should be very helpful to you. Don't worry if you don't understand some of it now. Play awhile and come back to it and it'll be more clear.

For awhile, I suggest you stay away from:
    Akira - because of difficulty of inputs
    Lei Fei - He's very effective if you mash, but he's difficult to control at first, so not so great to start learning the game with.
    Shun - Just plain difficult to play
    Aoi - Also somewhat difficult to play

Just my opinion of course. Above all, I recommend Jacky to start off with if you want to learn VF4. If you just want to win through mashing, Lau/Pai or Lei Fei might be better choices /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif