1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VF4

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Kale, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Kale

Kale Active Member

I'm new to VF4. I had originally started playing fighting games with VF1 but I saw Tekken and that took me away from VF. I saw how good VF4 looked and decided to get it.

Anway, I'm having major problems with A) automatic counters or parrys ex: Jack, Lei, Vanessa etc and B) regular command reversals and parrys which I have trouble timing since it seems to me that they require much more precise timing.

Need help getting around Jacky and Vanessa mostly because those automatic parrys are annoying as hell. As for doing parrys and reversals, does anyone have any tips as to really practice it.

Lastly, the comp when its above like 1st dan, kicks my ass most of the time. It like hits me as soon as I release the block button or throws me when I hold the block button a little too long. It is pissing me off so much.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

practicing reversal and parries is easy, go to command training mode, hit start, go to the movelist, and look for a reversal. Then select that move to practice, hit start again, choose "lock command training" or whatever it's called.
    you can practice reversals all day.
    Pick aoi for the toughest to time ones... like the backturned stuff.