1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. spiron

spiron Well-Known Member

i was thinking us new blood peeps here should try to get into some lobbies together, some time for some training. no doubt we should not do this all the time, only way you get better is by getting your butt beat by others much better but i think it would be good to get our feet wet.

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I think playing against others of similar level is a great way to learn and improve in the game. I hope people show the initiative to learn from each other. [​IMG] spiron

3. warui

warui Member

First off: This is my first vf ever but not.my first competitive game game. I switched from soul calibur because scv was such a let down. I'm really liking eileen so far since she kinda has the whole poke/stance thing going on like my sc main raphael. I've always liked watching vf but everyone always told me not to bother playing it because of the execution requirement.

Second is there a scene in maryland at all?

Really enjoying the game so far.

4. DarkChef

DarkChef Member

Greeting all,

Been lurking in the shadow for awhile and final decide to register. I'm really excited to get back into VF again especial with the new release.anyways nice to meet u'all.

feel free to add me.

5. End

End Active Member

Hell'o, everyone [​IMG]

I'm not fresh to the scene of VF, but totally green when it comes to online multiplayer. I cursed SEGA for year's for not releasing a multi patch for 5.

I'm from Poland, and the moment it goes online, I'm buying it. With all DLC's and such.

Hope we get to play together and have some good games [​IMG]

Cheers!

6. Kendrik

Kendrik New Member

Kenny here. Sometimes known as KendrikTheRed. I've admired VF since VF2, but haven't managed to really get into the game until now. Loved VF4:Evo and VF5, but with Final Showdown finally getting a console port with solid online play (something I never thought would happen), I think it's time I actually work on learning the game and its characters. And, if I want to put in work with the game, VFDC seems the best place to get help. Happy to be here!

7. Sushiking

Sushiking New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Wanna become adept at VF, and meet some cool people. [​IMG] Looking forward to learning the game.

8. Koga316

Koga316 Member

Sup people. I'm also new and new to playing VF. Well I played some but only against the AI. I started playing competitively in 2009 with Street Fighter IV. However due to life situations....I dont get to travel as much as I'd like so I mostly get to play against people in my local scene. I'm really new to 3D fighting games. I recently decided to pick up Tekken 6 to prepare for TTT2 and wanted to try this out too. Just wanted to try some new games instead of just AE and 2D games. Looking forward to getting my hands dirty with FS.

9. Rhino

Rhino New Member

Hi I'm new to VF and I hope to get better at it. I've played other fighting games such as Tekken and Marvel. Can't wait to get into VF since I always wanted to try it out but never had any arcades around me to play it

10. Jiraiya_The_Sann

Jiraiya_The_Sann Member

PSN:
    Jiraiya-Sama2390
    New to VF, but come from a Tekken background. Hope to have some good games with everyone here

11. Se7en13

Se7en13 New Member

Hello to all. I have some experience with VF going back to VF4 but it never developed into anything other than just beating arcade mode and playing some Kumite. I got into some SC and only played that to satisfy my 3D fighting fix. I saw that FS was coming out via Gamefaqs and decided to give it shot. Bought the ps3 bundle and have been enjoying it very much. Registered because I not only want to help support the community for this game, but also to become a better player so that i could also help others improve.

12. SwordSainte

SwordSainte Member

Hey guys. Been a lurker in the forums for a while, but finally decided to join in since I bought VF5:FS yesterday. I've played VF before, ever since the first one, though it was the 4th game on the PS2 that finally hooked me in (having a fantastic tutorial mode helps). Only problem was I had next to no one to play against.

Now that I got the latest version, I can't wait to get my training going and get some good matches in. I've already spent a little time this morning playing some online matches with people... and I can see I have a LOT of training to do. I did win a few matches, but I gotta up my game, so that Dojo mode is going to get a lot of use out of me. I also have to figure out how to find a good room to play in.

If you ever catch me on PSN (SwordSainte), feel free to try to stomp me to the ground... it's the main way I'm gonna learn. :p

13. GrooveA

GrooveA Member

Hello ya'll.

I'm just another of the new members FS is bound to bring in over the coming days and weeks.

I've always been somewhat of a casual fighting game fan ever since playing SF2 and MK 2 as a lad, but I've never gotten any more in depth with any game than arcade mode and playing with buddies.

I've always had a soft spot for 3D fighters, especially Tekken and VF, once I was old enough to do more than mindlessly mash buttons on a controller those were the games I cut my teeth on.

I hope to learn and improve, and start getting out to some Northwest tournies. And if I'm not to become a contender, I'll still be a body to beat up on, just like I am in boxing.

Hope to see ya'll around in lobbies and tournaments!

14. Bass

Bass New Member

Hey everyone. I have only recently gotten into VF. Stated out watching match vids a year ago, and with the recent hype building around VF5:FS I decided to grab it on XBL and I am completely blown away with how natural this game feels. Looking forward to leveling up and learning as much as I can.

15. KNUCKLESx1O

KNUCKLESx1O Member

Back at it again.

I've been playing VF since the original on 32x. Being born in '91 I was a casual SFII and VF player by nature and was fortunate to have both Genesis and 32x at home, we also have a rather nice arcade at The Boardwalk so I have some very limited arcade experience as well.

I actually used to snoop around this board for a while and have been checking in since I heard of FS console release. I watched both of the First Attack videos featuring LA Akira earlier today and I decided to join up to learn some more fundamentals. Looking forward to learning from you all.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  16. d0c_z

d0c_z New Member

I've been playing VF since 1, but I'm new to the forums. Always heard of them, but never made an account before.

Wassup everyone! Played Wolf 'till VF5 then switched to Eileen.

17. nstalkie

nstalkie Member

I have no notable experience with VF at all really.
    Interesting in learning a bit more of the game ofcourse, so i made an account here.

I do have a tiny little bit of experience. I played the first Virtua Fighter a few times when it was new in the arcades. (Yeah I'm probably a little older than most of the people on this site).

18. s8tn666

s8tn666 New Member

Hello everyone!!

19. NotchedSpear

NotchedSpear New Member

Hi everyone, greetings from the UK! I found out about Virtuafighter.com via a Gamespot video on YouTube introducing the new features of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown.

The first fighting game I got into was Tekken 3 as a friend had it on his PSone, and also tried SoulBlade for the same reason. The first fighting games I picked up myself were SoulCalibur for Dreamcast and of course Virtua Fighter! I have picked up each version of Virtua Fighter since and always had fun playing them.

However with friends always gravitating towards other fighting games I've never spent enough time practising with the Virtua Fighter system. I'm looking forward to getting to grips with the system properly this time around.

20. Fr0zenKold

Fr0zenKold New Member

Hi all, im Fr0zen-Kold. 34 years old from NY. Im new to the VF scene but not to fighting games in general. Im brought here by an old friend, PhantomHarlock. I am still learning the game but have picked up Pai as a beginner character and am learning so much.