1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Hello Virtua Fighters! I'm introducing myself as a new user and long time player of Virtua Fighter. I started playing Virtua Fighter back when I was a kid and it was still in the arcade. I was given a Sega Saturn when I was younger and have been playing Virtua Fighter and Virtua Fighter Remix for maybe 20 years. Only recently I got my hands on VF2 (which I need to get better acquainted with). Maybe in the future when I get the other systems I can continue onto the newer games, but I really want to master these Saturn ones that I love so much.

I know I'm pretty old school, but this is a great site with lots of great information! Fight on!

2. droy900

droy900 Member

I'm bad at the introduction stuff but here goes nothing .
    Hi and I've been lurking for a few years here trying to learn VF5FS since it's my first VF game and it's a really interesting and fun but I've been on and off since I had no one to play it with until recently . My scene found me and even though VF isn't their main game they used to play and it pushed me to learn the game even more so I hope I get to enjoy the journey of getting good at this game and share my enjoyment with you guys.
    My main games are Tekken and Blazblue and I'm still bad at FGs, only recently started getting better at them after a few years of playing FGs lol.

3. Fab_will

Fab_will Member

Hello, i am new here and i would like to get into virtua fighter before Sega makes a new one. I am a sponsored Tekken player and i want to play another 3d fighter. I really love fighting games and i hope VF will be my second game

jimi Claymore and Stl_Tim like this.
  4. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

I’ve seen the transition from tekken player into vfr w/the unconkable. He became a very solid vf4evo brad player. Good luck w/your journey.

Fab_will likes this.
  5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

welcome to the crew. Who's your tekken sponsor?

6. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Well the VF community welcomes you! I play Tekken as well. I main King and Nina. Oh and a word of advice, avoid Stl Tim like the plague. He our washed up, bitter, resident fuckboy. He'll be cool with you, maybe half-ass teach you some things. Till you eventually start to kick his ass and he floods your inbox with hate mail saying how your not playing the game "as true VF". Whatever the hell that means.

Fab_will and jimi Claymore like this.
  7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

It's code for "play VFFS poorly"

Jason Elbow likes this.
  8. Fab_will

Fab_will Member

Ragtag

Tricky likes this.
  9. Fab_will

Fab_will Member

ok, lol thanks for looking out, do people still play online, i tried yesterday with no luck, also is the offline scene big? i would like to play competitively and pick up a teacher so i can get into vf5 really fast

Jason Elbow likes this.
  10. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

@Fab_will hey bro I know you. Always see you on twitch. Welcome

11. Stl_Tim

@Fab_will whats your handle, which system, and what time are you usually on?

12. Fab_will

Fab_will Member

yep i see your name a lot as well, thank you for welcoming me

13. Fab_will

Fab_will Member

my psn is fab_will_ im on ps3 and im on anytime i can mostly during the week ill try to be on more than possible because im trynig to get good at VF5, ill probably be on tomorrow

oneida likes this.
  14. A_young_Asura

A_young_Asura Member

Alright I want in on this, should I buy for ps3 or Xbox 360?

oneida likes this.
  15. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Aw man your only on psn!? To bad. I would have loved to pit my Lion against you.

16. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    XBOX 360! ps3 version sucks. Only reason ps3 get any play is because of the free internet.

17. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Depends on where you live and who you want to play with. To most people the game is identical on both systems.
    I have in both but mostly play on PSN because it's free online.
    We use xbox for offline meetings and tournaments, but that's just because it's the console we have most available.

A_young_Asura likes this.
  18. Stl_Tim

Stay away from PS3 unless you have an amazing internet infrastructure like Korea or Japan.
    Free means exactly what you should expect, free and slow.

Having said that, if your a casual player go for the PS3 and have blast.

On the other hand, if frames are your thing and you like to keep the integrity of the game engine intact to what current isp’s allow then Xbox.

19. A_young_Asura

A_young_Asura Member

Hmmm I see, I live in U.s.a ,Texas. Hopefully that doesn't make too much of a difference, have a new arcade stick coming in about a month as well for ps3. But I figured the community knows so it's best to ask.

20. A_young_Asura

A_young_Asura Member

This is good stuff, exactly what I was looking for.

I love having the best possible experience with my matches, and internet isn't an issue. Also it doesn't hurt having a wide pool of players to pit myself against.

To be absolutely honest that would have to be the biggest factor for me, being able to hop online and enjoy some humble cake, one match at a time.