1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Then you want psn. Xbox you need to set up play dates or see someone streaming.

2. SideshowTalker

SideshowTalker New Member

Windows 95 Gateway x386. A whopping 256mb ram VGA CRT was where I met Jacky Bryant and the rest of the gang. Short move list but way more than a fireball and a dragon punch still difficult on the keyboard. Got wrapped up defeating the Ur-Quan so missed vf2. But then the greatest console ever released the best fighting game to date VF3. circa 1996. Then I got married had kids and finally justified another console. Now it's playing catch up. With Jacky's digital presence and my physical and mental determination we will become the ultimate Virtual Fighting machine.

3. JSM

JSM Active Member

PSN:
    JSM_9999
    XBL:
    JSM9999
    If you're talking about the dreamcast & if I remember those old commercials correctly, it was released 9/9/99

4. JacobEvo

JacobEvo Active Member

XBL:
    Im Rock Lee
    Whats your gamertag, i play on xbox and have room matches going from time to time.

5. A_young_Asura

A_young_Asura Member

Been busy lately, decided on PS3 version, by the end of the month I should have everything set up to begin the endeavor.

Tricky and MadeManG74 like this.
  6. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Nice work! Be sure to check the Commands and Combos section of this site, this site is an incredible resource for beginners and experts alike.
    Also feel free to ask here or in the dojo seconds.
    Which character are you using?

7. A_young_Asura

A_young_Asura Member

Haven't started yet, but characters I've played in other fighting games are usually heavy on the fundamentals for their respective series, with an emphasis on reading my opponent. Knowing this I have narrowed down my selection to either Akira, or Goh.

Ares-olimpico and MadeManG74 like this.
  8. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Reading this i thing you plan to play with Jeffry... maybe Jean.
    Why is so dificult somebody to hear "I want to play Lion"

A_young_Asura and Stl_Tim like this.
  9. A_young_Asura

A_young_Asura Member

Haha well the characters we want to play, are rarely the characters we end up playing. I just want to play a character that "feels natural" so who knows who will call out to me!

jimi Claymore likes this.
  10. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    I host psn room tuesdays 21.00h gmt +1. And if i can help you ill do no matter what carácter you use, i know the rest of this comunity will do the the same. Wellcome

11. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    I'll say between the two of these Goh is kinda Akira-lite. If your execution is on point, Akira would be a very rewarding choice. But Goh isn't any slouch either.

12. Nasislike

Nasislike New Member

Dont forget to add me on PSN : Nas_is_like80
    I try hard VF5fs for the next VF6 (lol...)
    See u soon everybody ;)

Poise, oneida and MadeManG74 like this.
  13. Poise

Poise Member

XBL:
    TreeGawd
    I am quite new to this game, as in only recently have i decided to learn the mechanics deeply. Any new players interested in sparring hmu im on xbox, my GT: ThreeOGod

i Play Vanessa so far, i come from tekken which i was fairly good at so i have alot of fighting game experience.

14. MadeManG74

Welcome aboard!
    I just started learning Vanessa as well, really fun character. Hope you enjoy it, this forum is a gold mine of knowledge on the game. :)

jimi Claymore and Poise like this.
  15. Poise

Poise Member

XBL:
    TreeGawd
    thanks alot man really, im trying to find people to play along with. thats my biggest thing honestly, maybe that energy should be shifted to learning but im learning more and more everyday, so yea im excited for learning more. I FEEL LIKE THIS WILL BE THE YEAR OF VF6 so i want to be proficient, i am really good at fighting games. love the "Nitaku" situations

16. MadeManG74

There should be plenty of people on 360. Are you located in USA? Try the match making thread, shout box, and the VF revival discord
    https://discord.gg/BN4SqB

17. MadeManG74

Also do you have a local fgc? You might find people to play with offline!

18. Poise

Poise Member

XBL:
    TreeGawd
    Nah no local scene, but online im down to find so i will keep looking!

19. Poise

Poise Member

XBL:
    TreeGawd
    Plenty? I hope so lol

20. Chohny592

Chohny592 New Member

Hey guys, just got into VF after 15 years of playing 2d fighters. I look forward to learning the game and hopefully playing with others. For now I only have VF5 for PS3, but I hope to get an XB360 to play online.

Sonic The Fighters likes this.