1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. jongoo

jongoo Active Member

er was...but no longer!!! FS baby, hell yeah! No more losing to wakeup Ultra. No more losing to invincible reversals that you KNOW were mashed more than potatoes on Thanksgiving!!! Woohoo!

Ahem, excuse me...sorry. Anyways, I'm loving this game. I love the community, it's great. Much cooler than SF that's for damn sure.

Shoutout to LA Akira for taking the time to show me some stuff on Live. Thanks to Haunts for hyping this game. And to Zero-Chan, don't ever let those faggot stream monsters get to you. Rock on wid yo bad self [​IMG]

And thanks to you guys on the old vanilla Jacky board who helped me out. I gave up on iaigeri altogether but I'm still doin aight.

Some of you guys might have run into me: H A B I on Live, IHABI on PSN. I usually wear a mic and just talk a lot of nonsense. Proudest moment so far in VF: someone messaged me "It's nice hearing somebody be encouraging in a competitive game for once. Stay classy bro."

2. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Glad you enjoy it dude. I hope you stay! [​IMG]

3. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Glad to have you...Stick around.... its gets better. i gave up on SF4 after 4 months of its release.

4. seyu

seyu Well-Known Member

PSN:
    volX
    God i know that feeling of Street Fighter frustration. There is so much about SF4 thats annoying, but the game is still addictive enough to keep you going.
    Sadly im probably not just a victim of mashed reversaly and wakeup ultras, but also a source of that shit.
    May my opponents have mercy with me.

VF is a completely relaxing experience in comparison. Also the ranking system is sweet. No frustration if you only get 2 instead of 4 points:)

5. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Welcome to the real honest fighter forum! [​IMG]

6. Venussail

Venussail Active Member

I think I may have run into you before.

7. Spartan_Rambo

Spartan_Rambo Member

Hi my name is david and i was a soulcalibur player... but never again i will be after playing virtua fighter.
    No more loses because a safe-fast starter and a bar of meter (maybe a wall too) destroys 50-75% of your bar
    No more reward for throwing a lot and no penalty if they defend against them
    No more stupid overpowered moves like 4B of mitsurugi
    No more braindead charecters
    No more reward a players that sucks giving them meter just because they dont know how to defendend themselves
    No more throw as pokes
    No more super-easy-powerful combos
    No more infinite juggles
    No more superstrong counterhit combos (also with safe starter)
    Thats enough of that ****
    Now is time of a fair, deep fighting system that rewards the best.
    Good day

8. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    I love Street Fighter... just not IV.

9. jonnystorm

jonnystorm Member

What's going on? Kinda new to vf... I have vf 5 online and vf5 fs... I main jeffry and brad... Vf 5 fs is the only game I went online tho... The game is addicting. My xbox gamertag is shoryuken21207... I welcome all challengers to there free points cuz I am sooooo free lol

10. jongoo

jongoo Active Member

From someone who also recently got into this game, welcome jonnystorm.

11. promppo

promppo New Member

Hi! I've been a fighting game fan for a long time, but I haven't really had the opportunity to play much with actual people. I figured I'd get into FS while at least part of the online community is still as green as I am. I probably don't have the time or inclination to get super good at it, but I'm willing and eager to step up my game and/or get destroyed on PSN.

12. jonnystorm

jonnystorm Member

Welcome promppo

13. jonnystorm

jonnystorm Member

Thank u jongoo

14. Maradum

Maradum New Member

Hello all. Played a bit of VF5 offline but was really hoping for online play. Have therefore snatched up FS and am having a really fun time with it so far. Nice to meet you all =)

15. VirtuousZX

VirtuousZX Member

While not new to the Virtua Fighter series (I started with VF4/Evo), it's been a while since I've played it with a commitment to learn it well. I'm still looking for a character to suit my playstyle. Actually, I'm still looking for a playstyle that suits me. That said, I've gone through Kage and Aoi phases, and currently I like Eileen's style in VF5. I've yet to pick up Final Showdown, but when/if I do, I'm looking forward to the deep customization features.

I hope I'll be here for a while.

16. pirogen

pirogen New Member

Hello! Never really been into fighting games, yet I've somehow played most of the VF games and hold a nostalgic adoration for them. Mashed my way through VF1-3, got into VF4 a bit more, but never really knew what I was doing. With FS I hope to finally understand the game.
    I'm playing Goh, trying my best to suck up all the knowledge I can and learn the terminology(and getting more and more confused).
    Not sure how commited I'll be, but I've only heard good things about the VF community and have already learned loads from here for which I'm grateful.

I'm pirogen2 on PSN.

17. fax

fax Member

Hello, I'm Fax, and I just picked up VF5FS a couple days ago for the 360. I've never really played a VF game before but watching exhibitions and competitive play I wanted to find out more about it and play myself! I'm not solid on a character yet, but I like playing Aoi and Lau right now, so I might stick with them.

18. Cyrusk

Cyrusk New Member

Hi all

I'm Cyrus from Reykjavík, Iceland.

I'm returning to Virtua Fighter after an almost 10 year hiatus ever since VF4, I played every VF game before that quite heavily on the Saturn and Dreamcast but almost exclusively against the CPU because all my friends got fed up with getting their asses kicked repeatedly.

That said I'm finding online play in VF5:FS to be very challenging, I have much to learn about the game.

I'll be competing in the VF5:FS side tournament at EVO2012 and after that I'll be staying in the San Fransisco bay area for a month or two and hope to make my presence known in the local scene [​IMG].

19. capt_catalina

capt_catalina Well-Known Member

PSN:
    capt_catalina
    Hello everyone!

I've been playing fighting games on and off since 1991, but Virtua Fighter is certainly one of my favorites (outside of Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix). Given I'm from rural Newfoundland, Canada it's been hard to find competition outside of the basement with friends. However, living in Halifax, NS has led me to The Last Gamestore with a passionate community for all things fighting games.

Jeffry and Wolf are who I've mained since I came across VF2.1 on PC years ago, but Taka makes for a good time also.

PSN ID: capt_catalina

20. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Hey all! I love fighting games but I'm a tad rubbish at VF ^^;

I've just bought Final Showdown on PSN (Downloading as I type this) and it's only the 2nd VF I'll have played/owned. The other one I have is good ol' Vanilla VF4.

Most online fighters I usually get on 360 but I decided to go for PSN for once, my PS3 needs some love!

I've played fighting games since a very young age, mainly Tekken (I love that series). But I really enjoyed VF4 when I got it years ago.

I don't have a proper main yet, but I did like using Kage and Jacky in VF4.

I can't wait to be destroyed online! [​IMG] xD