1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. vifi

vifi Member

Hi everyone.

VF series has been my one and only title that made me start video games and decide which console I'd buy since 1993. I'm Korean living in Toronto, Canada. Still, I'm playing VF5FS on Xbox at least every other day. Sad thing there's no one I know who can enjoy it online (or offline) together.

Hopefully, we will see the next VF this month on Sega's 60th anniversary day. Fingers crossed.

2. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    @vifi - Hey, man - if you're still interested in an occasional set, I could set up my X360/XBone to get some matches in. I'm from Calgary, myself. :zzz:

MadeManG74 and vifi like this.
  3. vifi

vifi Member

Sure! Hopefully we have stable connection! Please add my id (steinway sons). Or you can text me at 647-797-2986 (it's my tablet ^^) Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  4. beastplex1993

beastplex1993 New Member

vf is one of those fighting games i just play for fun but since this whole corona thing and my belief we were getting a vf6(honestly i cant really say we will ever get it especially since namco/bandai dominates the 3d market with soul cal and tekken but still you never know) i decided to give it play it again. had since i got a xbox one years ago or maybe on 360 etc etc(i am more-ly a ps4 player these days but i have a 3 month on game pass so live comes with) . i tried to play online but either no one is on or when i go into rooms it wont let me join (dont know if i have to do something first lol)

anywho as someone who does grappling in real life my appeal goes towards wolf,el blaze and goh. if anyone wants to play my xbox tag is crismaticenigma

also i stream on twitch by the username sashabanks93. so i guess you cna watch me play arcade and dojo over and over again while chatting lol

also i live in nyc so i have no problem for in person friendlies at next level of etc when this corona blow over 75% or whatever

Tumbling Dice and MadeManG74 like this.
  5. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Welcome! If you're in NYC you'll find that @Harpooneer runs monthlies when the place isn't under quarantine. You'll find no end of good matches to play online and offline!

6. beastplex1993

beastplex1993 New Member

Thank you. I dont think the game is playable online on xbox one anymore cause i cant join any session. Like the option to join never appears but i assume its just cause im playing on xbox one and not 360/ps3 so i would apperciate offline sessions when possible or after this Rona thing is settled

7. MadeManG74

Ah, that seems to be a glitch with the match-making/rooms. It's happened before but we aren't sure who is responsible for fixing it!

Never fear, you can still do private matches by inviting people to a player match or to a room, that still works 100% :)

But of course, offline sessions are great and will resume after Corona.

8. DreamMare

DreamMare Member

Good morning, good afternoon, good night,
    my name is Dreammare and I first experienced the Virtua Fighter franchise with a dreamcast and a PS2, I love VF4 and VF3tb. Right now I'm doing a research about the beta of the game VF3 and I discovered how to rip Dreamcast Game Files, now I got the videos and images from VF4 History Disc.
    I'm a loner sega fan since none of my friends like Sega, and I hope here I'll find a place.

P.S.: Let's start making speedruns, I'm the 1st in Normal Mode of VF3 and VF3tb in speedrun.com and my run wasn't that good, I'm sure anyone else can do better then me.

DreamMare - Portugal, 14:23, 06/april/2020

9. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Well-Known Member

Welcome!! I also love VF3 and 4 (all 5 of them, honestly, each for their own reasons) and share an interest in the development and beta/location tests of these games. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your research! :)

MadeManG74 likes this.
  10. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    Tumbling Dice, beanboy and MadeManG74 like this.
  11. Iwazaru

Iwazaru Active Member

hello there ^^ I m glad this forum and site still exists (honestly i burnt out with discord and not coming back much to it for plenty of reasons, aside from specific tasks like matchmaking or whatever) with ~two decades worth of information and discussions, which i hugely appreciate.

In ~1999-2000 all i had was Sega Megadrive with UMK3 while my neighbour had PS1 with Tekken 3. However, in ~2001 i got PC and besides MKT & MK4 i also got Virtua Fighter 2, which surely i enjoyed. That were those times. However i didn't have consoles until much much later and never witnessed arcades sadly, so for plenty of reasons i mostly forgot that VF was even a thing. Until many many years later, when i re-discovered VF2 (i was almost shocked when i realized that it was the game i played many years ago) and discovered 3 & 4 (around same time i re-opened 2d fgt for myself, too - currently i prefer kof and samsho).

So this is kinda my story. I'm very n00b still, so there is long road ahead for me.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  12. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Hi iwazaru if you need somebody to train with or to fight add me in psn.

Tumbling Dice and Iwazaru like this.
  13. Ginga?

Ginga? New Member

Hello. Im Ginga. Im a Tekken player from Spain and i want to learn this game inside out. Maybe its too late,but ive always loved VF and its one of my favourite fighting games besides Tekken. I dont know how the game works yet, but i hope someone here can help me out. I didnt find anybody in Spain who still plays this game and i will like to find someone to play against and learn. My mains are Akira and Wolf. Yesterday i started to stream the game vs a friend, but dont expect to see any kind of level there hahaha. I want to give visibility to this game via streams and maybe i can find a community in my country or build a new one. Im currently practising with RCPS3 emulator, but i have the game in my PS3. My twitch channel is http://twitch.tv/GingaSwing and my Twitter is @GingaSwing. Thank you so much to everyone here for keeping this awesome game alive.

14. jimi Claymore

jimi Claymore Well-Known Member

Hey Welcome i suggest you to get in touch with @Ares-olimpico
    he's from Spain too and he can help you to improve and find games in no time

Tricky, DomAug, Ares-olimpico and 2 others like this.
  15. FlawedFists

FlawedFists Active Member

PSN:
    FlawedFist
    Hi well I'm not new but I finally got a ps3 and vf5:final showdown I still need to practice, vanessa got a lot new stuff since vf4:evo hopefully we can play. My psn is FlawedFist.

16. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

where are you located? It'll help folks matchmaker with you

17. FlawedFists

PSN:
    FlawedFist
    Whoops! sorry about that I'm located in New York queens.

18. MadeManG74

You'll have absolutely no problem finding games in New York, one of the best Virtua Fighter communities on the planet (after Sydney, Australia of course ;) )

DomAug likes this.
  19. FlawedFists

PSN:
    FlawedFist
    Wow, good to know can't wait to play a few matches, it'll be a good learning experience even though I know I'm going to get destroyed. Thanks for being so welcoming guys.

birminglam and MadeManG74 like this.
  20. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    @FlawedFists hey great timing! We're running a tournament tomorrow night at 8PM with a 7:45 check-in on PSN! You can register here if you're interested: https://challonge.com/NYCVFJuly2020PSN. I also run a Discord for NYC VF which you can join here: https://discord.gg/kmzDve. The link is only active for a day so lemme know if you need a new one and I'll PM you a permanent copy. When COVID is done we will be doing offline events again, and that's where I organize them. Welcome from a fellow Queens resident!

Chanchai and MadeManG74 like this.