1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. SPINMASTER X

SPINMASTER X Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SMX-001
    I'd like to welcome all of the new players. I hope y'all stick around so Sega will see that Virtua Fighter has a decent sized fanbase willing to support future games.

2. AZYG4LYFE

AZYG4LYFE New Member

Hello all, I'm brand new to VF but not new to FGs as I mainly play Tekken and occasionally SoulCalibur.

Very grateful for this forum resources and I'm looking forward to learning and growing a bit deeper with this game. I've chosen to main Pai and I'm very much open to studying and networking with the Pai community (particularly in Europe and UK once offline is more established).

ChiefGutti and Mister like this.
  3. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Hi @AZYG4LYFE
    I'm from Spain our connection is good me not main pai but if you need some training hit me

SeBassRockstar and AZYG4LYFE like this.
  4. SOUP_TO_GO

SOUP_TO_GO New Member

Howdy y'all,
    I'm a long time casual fighting game player, mostly enjoying 2D games but have been occasionally playing VF5 ever since the game started being included with the Yakuza series. with VF5US I hope to experience more of the game online and become able to play competently.

Currently spending the most time learning Taka, I love to play grapplers and sumo characters, but really there are so many characters that seem fun that I'm always tempted to peel away without committing.

5. LiteralNoSkill

LiteralNoSkill New Member

PSN:
    LiteralNoSkill
    Hi All,
    Like many others, just downloaded VF:US from PSN. I have a Street Fighter background playing SF3 and SF4 then not liking SF5 so haven't played fighters for a few years now, but looking to get into VF. My only thing is that I live in Australia so when I searched for matches online, I only got red bar connections. What looked liked a green bar in the lobby would turn out red when I'd join the group.

So if there's anyone in Australia that wants to play/teach a new player I'm more than up for it. No idea which character to play and still getting used to the game engine and mechanics.

6. Blinkz Dural

Blinkz Dural New Member

Hello everyone. I have been a VF fan since Remix on the Sega Saturn. Own a physical copy of all games and digital PS3 FS and now digital PS4 US. Always played casually for fun. Looking to improve as a player and am also going to be hosting live in person tournaments in Houston, Tx area. First one is coming June 12th at 3pm CST. So excited for the future.

7. Mizutori

Mizutori New Member

Hello! Long time Tekken player, decided to give VF a try and, damn... Now I regret not getting into this franchise back in FS days. Game is sick, and this entire site is amazing, incredibly well kept and organized! Can't wait to start my journey.

8. The_Sage1_

The_Sage1_ New Member

Hello everyone,

I have played fighting games a long time and never really had a chance to get into VF, so here I am ready to learn and have fun. I look forward to sparring with you all some time.

9. oVo

oVo New Member

Hello,

I am a Tekken player and wanted to try a new 3d fighter.

10. Heyo,

First time playing a VF game, came by to learn some more about the series. I'm not great at fighting games but I have experience trying all sorts. I hope I can get better with VF!

beanboy, ChiefGutti, joanot and 2 others like this.
  11. Vespuche

Vespuche Member

Just started playing when it went F2P on PSN. Just got to rank Hunter today. I know its the worst of the "titles". But I really wanted it.

ChiefGutti, Mister and joanot like this.
  12. nemesisrobot

nemesisrobot New Member

I'm a beginner-intermediate Tekken player, just getting started with VF. I'm loving it so far, and this website is an amazing resource.

SPINMASTER X, Myke and ChiefGutti like this.
  13. Fergus2k8

Fergus2k8 New Member

Hey guys, tried out VF5 very briefly on the PS3 and I'm excited to try out the latest update.

I've streamed a few sessions and I'm interested in going back into it next week, I'm struggling quite a bit with matchup knowledge but I know it's the initial grind.

Having fun with the game and I like the flow, hope to get my Aoi to a competitive level :)

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  14. break

break Well-Known Member

PSN:
    breaktube
    XBL:
    Joe D Haze
    Hello there, just picked up Virtua Fighter on PSN.
    Can't seems to win a match online...really bad at blocking and escaping grabs.
    Playing with Jackie and want to learn how to beat Goh players.
    You are welcome to add me on PSN (breaktube)
    Would like to learn how to play this game.

15. TyMcWalker

TyMcWalker New Member

Hello, I am usually just a soulcalibur.
    I never played a VF game but I have a friend that tells me that VF is really good and his second favorite game series just after soulcalibur.
    With this new port I am excited to learn and play VF!!!

16. tsu

tsu New Member

Hello, this is my first time on the forum. New player to VF5US, I used to play 4 Evo a long time ago and then didn't play until now. Avid fighting game fan, my favorite series is Soul Calibur. I also play many of the street fighter titles with Ultra Street Fighter IV being my favorite, also play a bit of DoA, Samurai Shodown, King of Fighters, etc. etc.

Been wanting to get into Virtua Fighter online for a long time now and finally have the chance. After about a week of grinding I managed to hit barbarian though I don't really feel like I'm anything but a beginner currently. Anyways I plan on sticking with VF long term and I'm glad to be here!

17. Hiki

Hiki New Member

Hey guys, i'm new here on the forum. I think my first contact with VF was on PS3, the first version of Virtua Fighter 5,i still have the physical version here. Years later, in 2015 i played Shenmue for the first time from beginning to the end, i played Shenmue II in 2017 and Shenmue III in 2019, i'm a big Shenmue fan.

So with this i discover the connections between Shenmue and VF
    and i think this is beautiful, in my opinion Yu Suzuki created two amazing franchises, and because i'm a Shenmue fan i got more interested in discovering more things about VF, now i'm VF fan aswell, i recently played a lot Virtua Fighter V Ultimate showdown, i even got 100% of the trophies.

In my opinion VF V Ultimate Showdown is amazing, i love this game, my main is Eileen and i'm always trying to improve with her but i like playing with other characters aswell.

Here is one of the versions of Eileen/Shenhua i did

I'm glad to be here, thank you.

Attached Files:

18. bishopcruz

bishopcruz New Member

New around here, been a fan of VF since 1993, sadly my skills are apparently garbage and am stuck at 2nd dan and about ready to break my PS5 controller. Sarah main, since forever.

19. wrekka

wrekka Member

I'm old to the forum, but new to using it. Started playing Virtua Fighter casually with 4 evo, played 5 on ps3, and back into it with Ultimate showdown.

Trying to level up my Goh, and hopefully, learn to beat people at this game.

akai likes this.
  20. Powerthash

Powerthash Member

Hi!

I had played in Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution on PS2 in 2003/4. Then I gave up playing VF for some personal reasons (lack of time, etc. ) and unfortunately, I skipped VF5/VF5FS . Now, after VF5 US has been released I decided to return back and finally master Akira. I've bought a stick because I don't want to play on a pad. I've already learned most of Akira moves including 1 frame knee (I've spent a couple of days to nail it more or less consistently). Trying to stay my input clean as possible which is very important for Akira. VF best fighting ever :)

notinthemood2000, Chanchai and akai like this.