1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Munk

Munk Member

Hi!

Returning back to VF after almost 20 years. Used to play VF 2, 3 and both versions of 4 quite a lot (wasn’t really that good at any of them tho..) but kinda lost track and interest after that and I only tried 5 a couple of times at a movie theater lobby years ago.
    Downloaded the US a while ago and have been slowly getting back into the game and remembering why it was so much fun. Slowly building my skill up with rank mode, only a few dozen games in but I’m already having a blast. Mostly playing Shun because that’s what I’ve always played.

Looking forward to learning a thing or two here.

cheers

Chanchai, akai and jimi Claymore like this.
  2. Adam Gibson

Adam Gibson Active Member

I'm not exactly new, I joined VFDC when VF5 on Xbox 360 came out and played it a ton. I purchased Final Showdown as soon as it was available but I'd moved to Japan in the meantime, and being an Xbox user there really wasn't anyone to play online with so I eventually moved on.

I was so excited when I found out that ultimate showdown was actually going to be *a thing* (I thought maybe vf x eSports would be some kind of sponsorship program or an energy drink or some sh#t) that I cancelled my preorders for both Guilty Gear *and* KoF and rejoined vfdc under my real name, mostly because I lost my old password but *partly* because I've always been friggin terrible at VF and it felt like this was a good chance to leave the past behind me and actually become a decent player and a positive contributor to the community this time.

I main kage and I'm still completely awful but I can maybe sort of feel the sprout of something happening?

3. CoffeeCrusher.
    Happy to see VF Forum.
    GG, thank you.
    フォラム有って嬉しいです。
    GGなどよろしくです。

Chanchai and akai like this.
  4. lipeoutrunner

lipeoutrunner Member

Hey, guys. I'm from Brazil and I'm new to the forum, but I've been a big VF fan since the 90s (I think I've played all games in the series). After a few years, I've been playing it more than ever thanks to Ultimate Showdown on PS4. Final Showdown was actually the main reason I still had my PS3 hooked up. lol Although I love VF, I was pretty casual, as I am in most fighting games, but I've been really willing to learn it better. I mainly used Akira and sometimes Jacky or Pai, but now I've been digging Brad a lot. Didn't like him very much before, but I think he got a lot better on Final Showdown onwards. Anyway, glad to meet everyone here!

Chanchai, Powerthash and akai like this.
  5. mindsmoker

mindsmoker New Member

Hi guys,

All the way from Cape Town, South Africa.
    Looking to get back into VF again. (Much training needed)

6. ihoodless

ihoodless New Member

Hi, I’m Hoodless I’m come a from DOA background. I’ve played VF before when I was younger but really wasn’t interested. Now it got revamp so I try it out the VF5US. So interested to learn and get better.

I basically stream you can catch me. Twitch.tv/hoodlessttv

PSN:LoodHess

Chanchai and akai like this.
  7. AshiiNferno

AshiiNferno New Member

PSN:
    Ashenn11
    Hi all! I'm a fighting game player from South Africa and been trying to learn VF for the past 3 months or so since the release of Ultimate Showdown.
    While I'm still terrible at this game, I'm having a huge amount of fun with it and I really enjoy Virtua Fighter more than I ever have prior. Seeking to get stronger with Jean and Goh, I can't decide on just one because they're both way too cool.
    I do have a YouTube channel where I upload occasional match footage, and will work on trying to get some VF matches on there soon: https://www.youtube.com/AshiiNferno

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hi @AshiiNferno you should try to reach out to @mindsmoker who is from Cape Town ^_^

You don't need to meet up right away or anything, just reach out and try to exchange PSN IDs so you both can play online and maybe even have a discussion to help organize VF in South Africa ^_^

9. AshiiNferno

AshiiNferno New Member

PSN:
    Ashenn11
    Hey Chanchai, I actually did reach out to him before I found him on VFDC through the in-game leaderboards and us two have been playing sets as of recently, as recent as yesterday in fact. Unfortunately the shoddy netcode and poor internet in South Africa makes the online experience quite bad, but at the times when things work it works pretty well and the games are fun :)

Chanchai likes this.
  10. RobHimself

RobHimself Member Gold Supporter

Hi, I'd like to donate to this site, how do I go about doing that? The wiki is absolutely amazing and major thanks to everyone involved with it. As a new player, it's an incredible resource. THANK YOU!

11. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

12. notinthemood2000

notinthemood2000 New Member

Hi!

I don't know if I have to provide my age but I'm 14 and I used to love playing VF5 Vanilla on my Xbox 360 with my cousin. Unfortunately, for some reason, our Xbox broke with the VF5 disc inside and we couldn't get it out. After that, I didn't really pay attention to anything Virtua Fighter. But this year with the announcement of VF5US, my love for this series was reawoken. Honestly,I think I've spent more time playing this game than I have with any of my other games (other than MK11). I'm really glad Virtua Fighter is making a comeback and I hope we get VF6 at some point!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    ToyDingo, Mister and akai like this.
  13. BaxtyB

BaxtyB New Member

Hello,

The name is BaxtyB and I am based in the UK. I remember seeing VF2 Arcade machines pretty much everywhere when I was a kid. Didnt play much, but the game was always part of my childhood by its mere prescence.

Picked up US on release and I am going to be streaming it once a week. Play Lion, Eileen and El Blaze. Always happy to play matches and do my bit to spread the word on VF.

14. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Welcome in the VF community. If you are looking for sparring matches or tips about the game don't hesitate to send me a DM or post in the Question and Answer Thread. There's a bunch of good vfers from UK so u are in capable hands if you wanna learn about the game.

BaxtyB likes this.
  15. Dz_Maleo

Dz_Maleo New Member

Hello everyone.

It's nice to know about this site since I just started to learn the game mechanic seriously.
    I played VF2 in arcade when I was 2nd grade and play VF genesis a lot since I have the console. I played VF4Evo back in 2007, but didn't play seriously since the control fells weird. Back then I played tekken 5 more, so I not used to VF mechanics.

Back to VF after watched some streamer on YT, especially Tricky Eileen's videos. But VF5us is the main reason I want to play VF again. But since I don't have PS4/PS5, play arcade in yakuza 6 is the only way I play VF5. Also access the training mode in VF4E.

So thank you for welcoming me to this forum. It's pleasure to become part of VF community.

MadeManG74, Chanchai and akai like this.
  16. OvertPan

OvertPan Member

Hey. What's up, folks? I kinda lean toward the older VF games more. However, I'll get around buying a PS5 next year or when available, so I could get back into the series a little. The reminiscence of the earlier Virtua Fighter 5 games, I do ponder of the current stature from this community today? The mere thought of adjusting to a various lot of player approaches again, makes me look forward to something.

Even though I'm not so involved with FGs anymore, perhaps that could change? We'll see. I'd like to revisit the tournament scene again. A part of me really do. I'll make some time, then.

It feels good to be here, even though I've lurked for 17 years, before joining. I'm weird like that. ^_^

17. Pokitren

Pokitren Member

Hi all! I see that there are a lot of Tekken and VF fans here! And I'm also a Tekken fan! My friend and I often play PS4 fights! Glad to be here :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    beanboy, DomAug, Mister and 3 others like this.
  18. ThePoetMorgan

ThePoetMorgan New Member

Hello all,

I downloaded Virtua Fighter 5 when it was free on PS+ last year, but only got around to going online after the Tekken 7 costume packs were released. So far, I've been enjoying the game a lot--there's a significant amount of depth to it. My main as of now Sarah, but I also may try Jeffry.

I'm definitely going to be playing this alongside Street Fighter and DNF Duel (and some other games--if only there were more hours in the day!). I'm by no means a pro at them, but I am learning to enjoy fighting games, and Virtua Fighter so far has been fun.

19. Pokitren

Pokitren Member

I also have this dream - more hours in a day. But it seems to me that then I would have to work more, not play more :ROTFL:

beanboy likes this.
  20. lexi14

lexi14 New Member

Hello, Im new to the page.
    Hi Everybody.. Im a (mediocre) Wolf user!

Ni8anttana, Swevicus, beanboy and 3 others like this.