1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Welcome to the arena lexi14!

May your fights be rewarding and the trash talk you hear be entertaining:LOL:

Swevicus likes this.
  2. Pyro_Jake

Pyro_Jake New Member

Yo! New Goh player wanting to really sink my teeth into this game.

Add me on PSN (same name) along with a message saying "Virtua Fighter" and I'll be down to play late nights.

3. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk

The more Judo the better(y)

Swevicus likes this.
  4. LoG0

LoG0 Member

Hey everyone,

I downloaded VF5US when it was free on PS+ last year. Found myself enjoying the game off and on again and find myself always going back to it more than other games recently. I'm still deciding on what character I want to put my time into, but Jacky, Brad, and Jeffry were the ones I played more often. Might try out other characters in the future though.

I'm looking forward to playing more VF and being a part of this community!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    Swevicus, MadeManG74 and akai like this.
  5. Swevicus

Swevicus Active Member

Hi, guys. First post here.

I've been a VF fan on and off for about a decade or so, but what really intrigued me was the anime series (in Italy, my homeland, anime is ridiculously popular, to the extent that even the theme songs for the opening and closing credits are dubbed into Italian). It showed me that fighting games can have a story, an actual plot besides being Enter the Dragon clones.

Since then, I've explored as much as I could about Virtua Fighter - the games, their histories, the backstories of the characters - and, to be honest, I'm still working my way through what little lore is there (officially). Favourite characters include Akira, Kage-Maru, Pai and the Bryant siblings (I have a slight subconscious bias as I knew and had a crush on a girl in college who looked just like Sarah, complete with the blonde hair and athletic build... but she never wore a blue Spandex catsuit).

The games I'm most familiar with are really the iconic first two entries (and the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive port of VF2), as well as Virtua Quest on the PS2, and Virtua Fighter Animation on the Sega Game Gear. Sometimes a part of me can't help but think that maybe VF has some potential out there for a motion picture (as much as I like the anime, I think it could have told its story in about 8 parts instead of 24 - for those wondering, the second season comprising parts 25 to 35 ends on a cliffhanger, which was meant to lead into a third season, but it never came to be), although had it been me, then I'd have probably MTV'd it up with popular songs playing during montages (and driving up the budget due to music licensing), Miami Vice-style.

S. :)

ShawnK, MadeManG74 and akai like this.
  6. ShawnK

ShawnK New Member

Hi all! I'm a big fan of martial arts, I used to do a little bit of aikido and freestyle wrestling. I like watching MMA and other fights in rings. And I also like playing VF! I hope I don't seem too boring to you :)

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

One of the things I absolutely love about Virtua Fighter is that I feel like this game reminds me of the feeling of learning martial arts so much. Not just because of the aesthetic and stylistic aspects of the game, but the process of improvement and the versatile application of the movelist!

Hope you are loving the journey of VF!

8. Hi Virtua fans! I am just a fellow fan of this game and my main reason for joining is looking for help if anyone might know how to rip models from the arcade game and Mega Mix. I am also looking for any art books that might exist for Virtua Fighter anime if there ever was one before.

More about me, I like to be called Phil rather than Philip as I just want to prefer being called by that short name instead. I like to draw and make my own games (my most primary tools are ms paint, graphics gale, and clickteam fusion).

I spend more time chatting on Discord than forum sites as I get faster replies that way and while there already is a Discord server for VF, its not very friendly to me and hardly anyone there want to talk to me as others just enjoy talking to themselves or with other people.

I don't deserve to be ghosted or ignored all the time and rather want to be in a more friendly community where more fans are fairly active and at least talkative with me but I understand not many people are like this anymore since the beginning of Covid and other life issues but I am in serious dire need of a better VF community and thats why I joined here hopefully I'll make better friends on board here than whatever hell I experienced at the old VF discord. :(

Making friends who love this game and finding stuff I want from VF is all I need from this site. Wish me good luck, fans!:D(y)

Chanchai, akai and Myke like this.
  9. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Hi Phil, I am not aware of any art book for VF anime, but I know the recent release of the anime has an art gallery (not much in it though). Activity in VFDC not what it used to be though, but you are more than welcome to ask (no guarantees you will get replies or answers for what you want though!).

10. I know the activity might not be very often here due to no more new games plus how much Sega have changed as they wanted to stay focus on mainly Sonic and Bayonetta games instead of reviving classics. Also, Covid is another thing in mind but its not much of a issue to me here than being stuck on the wrong side of the world unfortunately (Philippines) but I am really hoping to go back to America soon when this crazyness is over.

I know the anime had a new dvd release but sadly I no longer have a dvd player and my laptop does not have a dvd drive. So I have to figure out how or where to see the art from the extra features of that dvd.

Swevicus likes this.
  11. Swevicus

Swevicus Active Member

If it helps, then I'm here nearly every day (being unemployed as its benefits, I suppose), so I'll try to answer any questions anyone might have as well as I can. :)

12. Gynandrous

Gynandrous New Member

Hey. What's happenin'? I miss this series. It made me think of a dedicated forum, which looks like here lol.

masterpo, Sonic The Fighters and akai like this.
  13. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Welcome back:ROTFL:

There's no where on the Web like VFDC;)

Gynandrous likes this.
  14. TronNerd82

TronNerd82 New Member

I'm TronNerd82, a longtime VF player, but new to VFDC. I main as Jacky, but I could stand to be better.

MarlyJay and akai like this.
  15. Atlas1624

Atlas1624 New Member

Hello I am new registered on vfdc I finally registered in the hope of finding players on vf5us (ps5) here because in the lounges there are no European players and the connection seems worse than at the time of vf5fs. I am in Switzerland in the canton of Fribourg, my language is French. I have a good fiber optic connection. I'm waiting to see if it's worth the cost of renewing my PSN subscription plus my PS5 because I play mainly on PC.

akai and Chanchai like this.
  16. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I highly recommend watching https://twitch.tv/akai_vf/

on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays as that is when Akai runs the EU Open Leagues where anyone can join and play a lot of matches with different characters and different opponents! It’s a lot of fun and everyone is welcome and people in chat are always happy to help answer questions and help each other get better!

Welcome to VFDC!

Atlas1624 and akai like this.
  17. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    on VFDC: https://virtuafighter.com/threads/akai-leagues-2024.22074/

Atlas1624 likes this.
  18. Atlas1624

Atlas1624 New Member

Chanchai and akai like this.
  19. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Also, and unfortunately, the connection meter is highly inaccurate in the lobby. The connection meter to players inside the room is more accurate of connection.

For example, I live in the middle of United States, but in the lobby, the connection is usually "green" to all the rooms of players from Japan. When I enter their room, most of my connection to the players are "orange".

Vice versa, rooms created by players in North America are sometimes displayed as yellow or orange connection in the lobby for me. But when I entered the room, I usually have green connection to everyone in the room.

20. Yume

Yume New Member

Hello,
    I am interested in Virtua Fighter, and interested in playing it. I've watched streams of people playing it and it looks like a good game. Apparently there are ways to play VF5:US on PC? I'm willing to pay $30 for a copy of the game if that makes it OK for me to play it on PC. I'll probably be interested in playing Shun Di and Aoi. I live in the Midwest US.
    EDIT: I bought a copy of VF5 US on the PlayStation store, so I should be good there.
    2nd EDIT: I'm still interested in playing it on PC, in case that isn't clear.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024