1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New venue for Vf? (London)

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Crazy_Galaxy, Sep 19, 2005.

1. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    LM_Akira said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Ev2 said:

You gotta love the North UK Thread, though I think mummy's boy and whale-man have realised they are just making tits of themselves, and have given up....

[/ QUOTE ]

Come down and say that to my face, fraggle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brook him with a lead pipe, in his jaw. Blatant. LOL.

This trailer trash, broken home family faggot deserves to die.

2. FISHandONEchip

FISHandONEchip Well-Known Member

Chirs think about what you are saying, you are requesting Shaun to come down and call you a mammy's boy to your face, why would he waste his money doing that? There will be no consequences, you are a soft peice of stinking shit, you form a tag team with fatty and expect to come out on top of all this? He's fat and stupid, you are a skinny dweeb with limited intelligence, and then there's Shaun, superior to you in everyway so grow up.......

3. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Guy's knock it off!
    If we are going to fight, (or in this case, Ade and Chris are going to continue making asses of themselves) then do it somewhere else. This is a respectable thread with a serious purpose, no fighting here.

*appologies to other members, on behalf of my northern friends*

4. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Yeah just to let people know, as far as I know this is an open VF torni, ALL Vf players are welcome.

@Ev2, I didn't realise the tickets were that expensive, can't you get a super saver from virgin trains since you have quite a lot of advance notice, I travlled up to birmingham earlier in summer business class for around £20 single.

p.s, If you use the buses just pretend you got an oyster card and it's free, Tactic #1, press a card against the yellow thing look confused and sit down. ^_^

p.s.s Nice games @ troc on friday, sorry gwai for figuring out the cheap ass meths to beat you /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Well, I can't book the tickets in advance, I tried to but the person on the end of the phone says they don't take my shitty Solo card, so that was that.
    I would do it online, but I can never find the right site. £60 isn't that much money to me anyway, I have a handsomely paid job, and very little outgoings at the moment, so my cash is mainly surplus.....

6. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Shaun, if you go down to the train station and get the ticket 2 weeks in advance it'll be about 35 quid. You can pay in cash there.

7. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I don't think you can book in advance at Blackburn station. They only have a tiny hut there, with one guy in it. Besides, it would be another £12 in taxi fair there and back, so it wouldn't really be worth it. The only consolation would be, I would get a reserved seat......

8. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I must ask, should I bring my stick?

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

that arguement in the north uk thread is pathetic ON BOTH SIDES

10. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Yeah but it's funny /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif (no1 flame fan woot! ^_^ )
    Yeah it's up to anyone if they want to bring their own sticks it would help alot in case of shortages but it's also understandable if it's too much of a hassle to carry.
    The more players the less the entrance fee will be, I think it'll be between £2-4.

11. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    _optimus_ said:

Yeah just to let people know, as far as I know this is an open VF torni, ALL Vf players are welcome.

@Ev2, I didn't realise the tickets were that expensive, can't you get a super saver from virgin trains since you have quite a lot of advance notice, I travlled up to birmingham earlier in summer business class for around £20 single.

p.s, If you use the buses just pretend you got an oyster card and it's free, Tactic #1, press a card against the yellow thing look confused and sit down. ^_^

p.s.s Nice games @ troc on friday, sorry gwai for figuring out the cheap ass meths to beat you /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no worries ollie, a loss is a loss.
    By the way im sorry to for murdering yah the whole night through /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif mwa ha ha , just kidding /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12. ThePrince

ThePrince Well-Known Member

Yeah bring your own sticks, unless you are sure someone is going to lend you their one. Regarding the amount of money you need, the entrance fee is £4.

Start time is 2pm and it ends at 8pm, during that time there will be the tournament for us to gain our ranks, then lot's of time for casuals, before and after the tourney.

13. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Hi all, I am gonna try to make this meet. Thought I'd introduce myself, my name's Dan and I did come to the Manchester meet that all you London guys were at but I turned up after everyone left so havent played you all yet. I will be playing as Lion and would look forward to playing any other Lions. I still reckon I can beat any other Lion players (except Ryan of course) so any wagers welcome.Main thing is to have a laugh-am looking forward to it!

14. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Just want to ask about some of the tournament rules, mainly the one on characters. Is it going to be 1 character only, or will people be changing characters? I prefer the one character rule, though I'm not really fussed either way...
    Are there any other rules people should be aware of?

15. ThePrince

ThePrince Well-Known Member

Changing characters is fine, I don't see any reason for limiting people to using just one character. Use whatever tools VF provides you with to beat your opponent.

16. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

yah I'll try to make this one. Be fun to rumble on VF again since I've been on the Tekken scene a lil bit. Nice to see new faces, good to see ya Dan, hope to see you there. As for ur Lion, you got some hard competition then since Jide is the man to beat with Lion, but it should be a good match to watch.

Need to see a final confirmation of the date and place soon...unless I've missed it somehow on the previous pages.

17. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

Jide and Rayne should so have a lion first to ten money match.

It'd be close as hell!

18. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Northern_Ninja said:

Jide and Rayne should so have a lion first to ten money match.

It'd be close as hell!

[/ QUOTE ]

/versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

19. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I've played them both, and if Dan is as good as he was last we met, my money is on him!

Of course, I'm gonna win everything in the end anyway, thanks to my Jeff skillz!

20. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ThePrince said:

Changing characters is fine, I don't see any reason for limiting people to using just one character. Use whatever tools VF provides you with to beat your opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Including dural /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif ?