1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New venue for Vf? (London)

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Crazy_Galaxy, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

What about button binding and macros?

Are we allowed to change the size of our opponents health bars?

2. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Hehe cheers for backing me up Shaun ;-) If someone from London could ask jide what he thins to all this that'd be cool. How many ps2 setups we gonna have, is it 3? You can all rely on me sorting out the match replays to mpegs or whatever. As long as someone can host them on a server. Should be good to see what standard the Londoners are at, its gonna be good as long as I can make it.

3. ThePrince

ThePrince Well-Known Member

LOL, I forgot about her. No Dural.

4. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

You didn't say no to button binding, so I'm gonna take it as a go ahead for those /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dan, I reckon you'll do fine in London, just try and work on defending a little more, you seemed a little too attack heavy last we met. As far as the London standard goes, you will (or should) really enjoy yourself, as everyone is decent at the game, so there are no boring, white wash matches where one play owns the other (unless Ryan turns up) so all the matches are challenging and push you to fight your best.

5. _stroppa_

_stroppa_ Well-Known Member

I'm just curious about the format for this.

does everyone play everyone during the course of the day? Will there be like...a fixture list set up beforehand?

6. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ev2 said:

You didn't say no to button binding, so I'm gonna take it as a go ahead for those /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dan, I reckon you'll do fine in London, just try and work on defending a little more, you seemed a little too attack heavy last we met. As far as the London standard goes, you will (or should) really enjoy yourself, as everyone is decent at the game, so there are no boring, white wash matches where one play owns the other (unless Ryan turns up) so all the matches are challenging and push you to fight your best.

[/ QUOTE ]

button binding?! wth? u gonna use a pad for VF? There's only 3 buttons all whithin reach of 3 fingers. No need to bind!

7. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

haha I think he's joking, although I dont' mind if people use bindings against me /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess the sarcasm wasn't put across very well, I was only joking. I have a RAP, so there is no way I am gonna use a pad, when I can play on that big assed mother fucker! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

how about a programmable joystick to "adjust" a few moves, it's pretty much like binding buttons. like Akira's [3][3][P], [P], [3][3][6][P]+[K], [3][3][4][6]+[P] combo, i will never miss a combo again! /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

is it possible to start the day earlier than 2pm? by the time people arrive and practice, it'll be 5pm before we all start, runnning until midnight. it always happen in previous meet-ups. not ideal for non-londoners travelling back home.

10. Crazy_Galaxy

I think this is gonna be run different tony ( I think the aim of this is a proper torni event), it won't be like our other sessions, this will have a definite tighter schedule, anyways we always have troc and other sessions for more casuals. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Can't make it too early guys, I have a three hour train ride to get down there!
    If it starts at two, that means I need to be in London about 1, meaning I need to be on the train for 11:00, and it takes ages to get to the station from where I live!

P.s. Eddy, are you gonna meet me at the usual place, I still have your number (if it is the same as before) so I will call you and let you know the times of my train, if this is ok?
    Thanks again, man.

12. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

How is it gonna work? Its not a case of 'if you lose your first match then you're out' is it? Are there any other Lion players coming? Are Chris and Ade coming, if you read this-go on come along!

13. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Chris isn't coming because it would mean he doesn't get to play hostess, but I think Ade can't make it as he has a different meeting to go to on the same day.

I too would like to know the exact rules of the tournament, and how it is gonna run. Any news Ollie?

14. Crazy_Galaxy

There will be group stages first then ko's, whch will probably be best of's. So it won't be 1 loss and your out type scenario, you have multiple chances to get through and win.

15. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Mulitple chances multiple shmances, it's gonna be win win win all the way!!!

16. Jeffahn

Jeffahn Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ev2 said:

Can't make it too early guys, I have a three hour train ride to get down there!
    If it starts at two, that means I need to be in London about 1, meaning I need to be on the train for 11:00, and it takes ages to get to the station from where I live!

P.s. Eddy, are you gonna meet me at the usual place, I still have your number (if it is the same as before) so I will call you and let you know the times of my train, if this is ok?
    Thanks again, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

17. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ev2 said:

Chris isn't coming because it would mean he doesn't get to play hostess, but I think Ade can't make it as he has a different meeting to go to on the same day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'm currently snowed under with work but hey, if you can write a Mathematica program that can calculate time-independant perturbation theory of the quartic anharmonic oscillator to 15th order then be my guest.

I see that the date is in November which means plenty of time to practice till then...I will try and keep a free window for the meet but for now I'm only a "maybe".

Ade can't make it I don't think as he's going to the midlands on the same day to play in a big Tekken gathering at Dec's.

I will try to make it tho.

18. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

I MIGHT be able to come down on the Saturday, cos I'm meeting my girl on the following monday, so the original plan of a 3 day extravaganza in Brum might be shot in the foot. I'm a MAYBE at this stage, technnically, I guess.

19. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    LM_Akira said:
    if you can write a Mathematica program that can calculate time-independant perturbation theory of the quartic anharmonic oscillator to 15th order then be my guest.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I can't, but I can still kick your ass at VF. What does sphere oscillo bullshit have to do with anything?
    YOU WON'T COME!

If you come down, I will pay for your train ticket, and give you £50 extra if you can beat anyone (other than Ade) who is playing.

Oh, and by the way, keep this shit in the North UK thread, I told you once already....

20. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

i dont mean to be a prude,
    but you guys are REALLY bringing down the classiness of the event with your petty squabling. cant you keep your arguments to the north uk thread?

its just that i dont want the london vf scene to be about petty squablles.