1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New version of 5R (Version B) coming...

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

About time Sega incorporated their own SEGA characters as customizations into VF.

2. SuperPanda

SuperPanda Well-Known Member

I feel like a crack head on relapse.

"must... have... 5Rb... must... get... 5Rb..."

Dammit Sega.

3. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    If you are someone that easily gets depressed about VF5R, do not look at below link.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Click to reveal.. <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show me!" onclick="toggle_spoiler(this, 'Yikes, my eyes!', 'Show me!')" /></div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div style="display: none;">Cool feature with version B....an in game (?) or vf.net replay (?) detailed frame/stat information. Just look at the images, they are pretty self explanatory.

D.K. No. 45</div></div></div>

4. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

</div> </div></div>
    Looks great, the more features the better for R.

5. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

That's so cool!!!

The frame adv/dis counter right under the characters like that is such a good idea for a dojo mode feature!

Maybe it will be someday

me/crosses fingers for the 1000000th time for VF5R...

6. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

That data in the replay does look hot. On the other hand, my experience with VF.NET is that it was cobbled together microtransaction awful garbage. For VF5 at least, requesting a replay of a saved match involved going to a page that looked like it was from Geocities circa 1995 and waiting hours for it to be done, so don't be too jealous. I await the day this comes to a dojo mode as epic as VF4:E's.

7. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

That's been going on for a while, there was a Sonic arm item for Sarah for 4FT, but that's way gone now.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I don't know man, my experience with it was fine. The web page for VF.Net is bare bones so that its mobile phone friendly. And the 24hr turn around to have a replay rendered into a movie was acceptable for me.

Anyway, this new VF.Net replay feature looks interesting. I guess it's only a matter of time before video command lists start cropping up from VF players in Japan.

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Sonic item was available to all, but it was very expensive. IIRC 100,000G.

10. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

You're right, the page and the delay weren't the bad part. VF.Net was not THAT bad, but I envisioned something futuristic and tightly integrated for the most popular arcade fighting game. Also, the two separate isao and VF.net logins was kind of annoying and inelegant-- kind of like how Konami does MGO. I'm mainly bitching because they charge for every small thing you want to do, and never listened to my multiple attempts to cancel and kept charging me months after I left Japan. I had to call my credit card company and stop payment. All told, I probably gave them like $30, and got one random match replay because of the 1 per day limit. Well, anyway, that's just me bitching.

I was happy when command and input data was visible in VF4:E, so if anything, Sega's raised the bar for themselves, and at least they know their community is interested in getting as technical look as possible at matches. VF5's replay save function is still way better than SF4's which is a joke.

11. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Just to clarify things because there's a lot of misinformation floating around here...

The frame data display thing is NOT a new VF.net thing nor will it show up on replays as of right now. There are no options for it when making a replay. They basically did this to show readers how the frame data changes between version A and B.

Secondly, Sega operates a TON of games that require network access, which is why you you need two accounts for VF. There is one account for ISAO and then one account for each game you play, i.e. VF, Mahjong, other random games.

Finally, like Myke said, the page was built with mobile phones in mind, which is why it doesn't contain any fancy design, and honestly I like it like this because it means pages load faster. Also, there is a web-based game that you can play and the simple page design means this goes faster. The replay function, considering all that it is doing, is IMO really good. Considering you're getting a 60fps, high quality WMV file for your trouble, it's pretty damn good, and far beyond what any other fighting game is offering.

12. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Not a new VF.net thing, so frame data has been available for a while now?

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I think Reno's just saying those screenshots were edited/created for the sake of the diary to explain some gameplay changes.

14. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Ah, too bad, how the pictures were presented, I thought it was actually displaying the info while the game is in motion.

15. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Who knows, it may be part of Sega's debugging menu, so if it is they may implement it at some point...

16. CobiyukiOS

No it isn't "the game". Note how the timer is stuck at 45.00.

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Who's to say they can't suspend the timer in this so-called debug mode?

I must say that the interface looks awfully polished not to be targeted towards an end user.

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I agree. If the interface was pasted on, then the timer wouldn't be at 45:00. It would be less than that because clearly time has expired as Wolf is doing his shoulder charge.

It's most likely in debug mode and the interface is likely in-game.

19. CobiyukiOS

Seems fit for a console feature anyway.

No matter, we've got our new target for Operation "I Want my VF5R": The Director of VF5R himself, D.K. Greenshirt! (click on the mail link, it's underlined, and do what you did to the Japanese.)

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I'm not sure I can be bothered anymore, i'll see if I can gather the energy for it.