1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New version of 5R (Version B) coming...

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

And like clockwork... it turns out this assumption was correct. [​IMG]

I will have a video online soon.

<object width="480" height="295"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSsqNpSK5os"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSsqNpSK5os" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"> </embed></object>

2. Terra

Terra Well-Known Member

A little off topic, but did Ver.B get a new intro? I heard that it did, but no one really uploaded anything yet.
    Edit: didn't think it would be up so soon, thanks a lot Reno.

3. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

the intro is not new, there's one new sequence to promote the new single player mode (which has only appeared fucking once... good job Sega) but otherwise it's the same thing.

4. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Awesome... thank you!

And it's on my favorite stage too! [​IMG] sheesh when are they going to release a R soundtrack? me wants it really badly...

5. Terra

Terra Well-Known Member

Lol, thanks anyways.

6. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Maybe the next thing they will add is throw range interval and/or hit boxes. [​IMG]

7. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

yeah it's possible... since they did just update their site with that info lol.

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Interesting that Jacky's mid spin kick is -15 normally and -10 from the side!

Do side hits always give an automatic +5? Or is it proportional? Arbitrary?

9. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Did I just see a SDE be -5? Is that for real? Very first move of the match.

EDIT: I remember Konjou saying "How do they make it look so safe!?" While we were watching R matches at WCG Fighter Club. This would certainly explain it...

10. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Can't he get mass damage off the stomach crumple now? The math is kinda broke huh? I dunno...

11. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Considering the amount of dmg he can do off that move alone (close to 50%) Akria players at this point would be considered retarded to still complain about him. -5...I know what character I will switch to if this games ever comes out just spam SDE all day lol

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The SDE was also shown to have an execution of 15f in the video.

Now was this because of the 1f "penalty" from the dash input, or has it really been changed from 14f to 15f exe? If the latter, then I can sort-of-maybe understand reducing the recovery on guard to -5.

13. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

They give the adv/dis for escaped throws!

This is such a wicked tool for training new players! Imagine being able to turn this on in game or in a 2 player dojo & being able to teach a new enthusiast. Imagine fixing all (some!) of the stupid things you did to lose the match you saved.

I like how the bar turns yellow when there's guaranteed damage to be had.

-5 is too safe.

14. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Maybe it's because P was slowed down for most (all?) characters?

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The SDE being -5 doesn't surprise me at all. In R, the reward/risk ratio has been upgraded across the board for all characters. For example, Wolf's [df][df][P]+[K] is safe and nets 70+ points. Goh's knee is safe and can inflict 80+ points damage. Etc.

16. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Yeah Konjou, listen to your boy [​IMG]

The new replay option is pretty slick though. A mook would be so easy to do now..

17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yes. Yes you did. Holy fuck. That is.. Broken. I dunno. Doesn't feel like VF anymore. More like tekken 6.5. Defense techniques will be pointless soon.

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I personally like the higher reward / lower risk ratio change in VF5R. It makes the game feel faster and frankly more exciting.

19. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I don't think defensive techniques are down the drain. I feel like they are on the rise to avoid stuff like that.

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    If a move like SDE requires you only do [2][G] fuzzy, which is about as safe as it gets, why do you think there are other 'worse' situations you have to defend after? I really don't know what to think anymore. Only way to get some guaranteed damage thru must be succesful evade then. Kind of like Tekken.

and ice-9: that kind SDE is basically high reward-no risk.