1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New version of 5R (Version B) coming...

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

So SDE has better stats on hit, block and exe then any other CH launcher, feels just like old times [​IMG]

BTW, in game frame function lists it as 15f, maybe it's 15+1 frames in R (with dash command). And I don't consider -5 to be "no risk" i VF5 at all.

2. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

I bet Akira can just shoulder through the conventional counterattacks in R after that move. Who knows, but he's definitely really really fast thanks to the SDE already anyway.

If it's truly that slow now, does that leave him more open to low kicks?

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Ah HAH! I figured it out. YOU secretly travel to Japan and back on a regular basis to get your R fix.

4. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

He also created every character, which would explain why he's an expert in each one.

5. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

I don't see the problem in the move being -5. When players like Reno and Ice 9, already mention that other characters, if not all, got more safer moves now. I personally think is a good thing to make the game very offense orientated. The way I see it, VF5 is chess, VF5R is speed chess. Because the fundaments are still there. The player has to fuzzy or ETEG(for example)after that move, And we all know there's ways to beat those techniques. But of course, you have to guess right, paper-scissors-rock, becomes a major factor in this game. And to me, that's exciting, because this time around, you really need to know your opponent habits now.

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Funny how when I said the same thing regarding VF5 ver.B to all of those who were quitting VF at the advent of vf5, I was told off.. But then it was a case of having SOME moves that you could fuzzy after. Now fuzzy (and d+G fuzzy at that) is expanding to extremely good launchers.. Alarm bells are ringing in my head I cant help it. If this is an Akira-only thing then maybe not but people keep saying other characters have good safe stuff now too, is that true?

7. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    -5 wah wah wah wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

FUCK YEAH! WWWAAAAHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO! GO AKIRA GOOOOOOOOOO!

BRING ON THE PAIN.... HOLLA!

damn Akira punk sucking fucking haters! [​IMG]

to quote CidKid " mashing equals winning " LOL god damn I'm gonna be a masher [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've never been so excited!

8. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

I wanna see SDE - shoulder flow

YOU WANNA ELBOW??? Nah.

9. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Ice-9, gave a example that Wolf's 33P+K is safe now(-6?)Same with Goh's Knee. And, from the conversations I had with Gutti, regarding VF5R, it seems like is across the board. Do you think that's a bad thing?

10. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Eh it dosen't seem like Kage or Jacky have godly mids like that though that net that much dmg.