1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Version of Evo?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Myke, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    It seems that the Hikaru just came and went.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I dunno, that Virtual On Force thing is pretty popular...

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

at least give us a year...holy fucking a.....sorry, but this shit needs to be circumcized.

3. steve_dynamic

steve_dynamic Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping that FV3 is not like its prequal on the dreamcast. That was god awful. I liked the first Fighting Vipers though.

4. Zero-chan

Please do use all a favor and know what the fuck you're talking about before you post. Thanks.

P.S. I'm sure Heruru would show you otherwise.

5. NewBassHippo

NewBassHippo Active Member

Please realise that it's perfectly possible for other people to have played the game and hated it, even if you love it. Thanks.

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I'm no HW expert, but I had always heard of it as "Naomi on Steroids". You ever played Planet Harriers? I dare say they can't do that on a Naomi, but then again, does anyone really know if the Naomi games really push the system to the test.

Also looks like it does twice the polys as the Naomi.

Oh, yeah - and Zero's right. VOOT is pretty dang popular. I suck balls at that game.

7. Tsobanian

Tsobanian Well-Known Member

I would say that we need a new version of Evo. They have to do something because this autumn is the 10th anniversary. If the PS2 version of Evo was an anniversary version then they must be joking, right?

It would be great I they use chihiro instead of Naomi 2 hardware for this new Evo version.
    I must say that we need a new intro and new win poses. Akira is saying the same shit every time on his win poses-> "juunen hayaindayo!" !!
    (((About the win poses: Pai has a lovely one (P+G+down) which cost only 3000! I think those who play Pai should definitely buy it! PAI is
    Saying : "mou oshimai? renshuu nimo naranaiwa ". Translation-> is it over yet? It cannot even be training for me. (Was my English bad?!) ))

But the best is if they announce VF5 (Naomi 3 ?) on the anniversary period (November?) and demonstrate some footage!!

8. Zero-chan

If you saw that a person was CLEARLY ignorant, would you take their opinion as valid?
    I refer to more than one person on this board in saying this... *whistles*

9. Zero-chan

[ QUOTE ]
    I think that the third game in the series was the worst, and is one of the low points of VF. But other than that Sega AM2 have been good with the main games of the series.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually shocked that Rich hasn't jumped on this one yet. Maybe he thinks you're not even worth flaming. Whoa, now THAT'S an accomplishment.

10. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

It does about the same amount of poly´s, it doesnt take a hit for all the effects tough becouse of the TandL chip and yes ive played Planet Hariers.
    Its a far cry from Naomi2.

11. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Zero-chan said:

[ QUOTE ]
    I think that the third game in the series was the worst, and is one of the low points of VF. But other than that Sega AM2 have been good with the main games of the series.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually shocked that Rich hasn't jumped on this one yet. Maybe he thinks you're not even worth flaming. Whoa, now THAT'S an accomplishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im surprised I havent jumped on it yet.

12. martialfanatic

martialfanatic Well-Known Member

Just my opinion. I think a new character would be pretty cool. A karate fighter has great possibility of being unique from the rest of the cast, as long as they take out the hakkyouku-ken influence. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a female Goju-Ryu or Shorinji-Ryu fighter. That would be awesome, and definitely unique.

But like a lot of you, I'd rather wait a little longer. But we'd probably be lucky to get this in the U.S, that is, if the rumors were true.

13. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Just a quick question for those who have the PS2 version of Evolution...

Would you pay for this new version of Evolution (if it exists), and how much would you pay?

Thanks-

14. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

You know, I second that...someone can understand how great "x" game is but still not like it compared to a previous incaration of it.

15. MrUmenokouji

MrUmenokouji Well-Known Member

Sorry everyone. I meant Foreman not Frazier in Africa.

16. GaijinPunch

[ QUOTE ]

Its a far cry from Naomi2.

[/ QUOTE ]

But preceeded it, so inferiority is expected, no? I think "far" is exagerrating a bit actually.

17. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

<font color="#ff3366">Oh, yeah - and Zero's right. VOOT is pretty dang popular. I suck balls at that game.</font>

She said Virtual On Force, not VOOT (Virtual On Oratorio Tangram). They're two different games. And if I'm not mistaken, Virtual On Force wasn't as popular as VOOT.

If I'm misunderstanding something, just disregard my aimless rambling. /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

18. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

well..I can only go from what I have read in arcadia.

It's a 3 yr old game n it's still in the top ten arcade games (for oversize cabinet games section).

Have to be kinda popular to be in the top ten consistently, aye?

19. GaijinPunch

Both are popular. Honsetly, I probably couldn't tell either apart.

20. NewBassHippo

NewBassHippo Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Zero-chan said:

If you saw that a person was CLEARLY ignorant, would you take their opinion as valid?
    I refer to more than one person on this board in saying this... *whistles*

[/ QUOTE ]

Disliking a game that you happen to like is NOT ignorant. Your opinion is NOT fact. And whether Hereru likes it or not makes exactly fuck all difference in the matter... *whistles*