1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Version of Evo?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Myke, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

No it wasnt, the amount of games shown was pathetic compared to previous years, quality wise as well it was less then I was used to.
    Yeah there was Sonic Heroes and Evo but Evo was old and already released in Japan by then.

2. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Sega had what, 32 games, not including one for the NGage, and they had I think 16 or 17 PS2 games on display.

Even though Evolution was there, the booth was less than spectacular, in fact is was pretty damn dull if you want to call it that......... /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. sixtwo

sixtwo Well-Known Member

They had 32 if you count Worms 3D four times, each sport title (of which there are 5) twice, and Sonic Heroes 3 times. Not to mention 2 of the games were GBA titles (Sonic Pinball and Sonic Battle), and Altered Beast, Dororo and Kunoichi were video only.

Let's see, that leaves Sonic Adventure (!) DX, Warhammer Online, Phantasy Star 3, Billy Hatcher, Otogi, Sega GT (!) Online, Virtua On Marz, Headhunter: Redemption, and Vectorman.

Out of those, I'd say the only ones that scream blockbuster are Billy, which will have limited exposure due to the platform, and Sonic Heroes, which just looks really damn good, but may no longer have an audience (although Mario Sunshine has sold just over 1 million copies).

32 titles? More like 22. 5 of them sports titles, and one of them a Dreamcast port.

4. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I remember in the days of the dreamcast Sega had tons more games at E3......
    /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt Well-Known Member

It'd be interesting if, and this is purely goofing around, the US version of Evo was this supposed Version D :p

I'm STILL hoping that they maybe add SOMETHING to the US version to make up for the extra months (p-scan, supposedly, but that ain't enough for me :p)

6. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    hikarutilmitt said:

It'd be interesting if, and this is purely goofing around, the US version of Evo was this supposed Version D :p

I'm STILL hoping that they maybe add SOMETHING to the US version to make up for the extra months (p-scan, supposedly, but that ain't enough for me :p)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be antagonistic or anything, but it's certainly enough for me. I got a big screen that's just begging for Evo in 480p... better yet, in 720p on X-Box, heh... *alarm clock sounds*

7. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt Well-Known Member

Well, of course it IS enough, since the others don't have it and all. Hell, I'm getting a Wega for my graduation present in December, so I CERTAINLY want it in there. But, it'd be nice to get more, since the game already looks as good as it does even without P-scan.

8. EmpNovA

[ QUOTE ]
    hikarutilmitt said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Though it is still not confirmed by Sega (what's taking so damn long?), supposedly the 10th anniversary edition of VF is included on the American DVD of Virtua Fighter Evolution.

The reason why I suggest this is that IGN put up a bunch of media from the 10th anniversary edition of the game, under their VF Evolution section, but then again, wtf does IGN ever know /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif?

As far as progressive scan goes, I doubt that Sega will implement it in the final version for America, just like the save system, it's a lost cause.

- - - -

Oh, there is also the big difference that Americans can buy Evolution for only $20.00, not the $60.00 /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif I had to pay to import it, so we all save money.

9. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

The question of the 10th anniversary being added or not is definitely surprising to say the least. Thankfully we have under 1 month now until it's release so maybe information will start spilling out within the next 2 weeks. I do know that 8/12 I will become very busy with VF4evo and Madden 2K4 coming out on the same day. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh yeah, wb emp.

10. EmpNovA

Well it is true that time is slipping down toward the release date, and soon we will find out ( first hand) whether Evo will sport progressive scan, and the 10th ann.

But unfortunately, I have searched all the (mainstream) magazine's I could find, for information on VF Evo, what I found was either useless/already known information, or (wtf?) not accurate information.

If next month's magazines don't have articles/previews about VF Evo, then it probably will not have either prog. scan or the 10th ann. on it.

Next month count on either, reviews of VF Evo in the states, or massive coverage in previews. And judging by the scores of VF4 in America, Evo should do fine as far as reviews go. I am realy waiting for the VF vs SCII sales fight, I hope Evo does good.

11. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I wish you guys the best to you guys. I couldn't play it either way - even with the goodies.

I'm already shocked that Sega's bringing it out in the states at such a cheap price. But then again, it could be a good strategy to revive the series in the west.

12. Pai_Garu

I'm willing to put down alot of money to say that US version will only be different than the japanese version other than translated text.. This means no progressive scan or 10th anniversary.

13. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

*coughcensoredvanessacough*

*hacknoredshunHackK*

14. EmpNovA

Oh, there is another (not really significant) change, and that is with the names of the AI's who are in quest mode.

This change is also in the PAL version, the names instead of the one's from the Asian version, are old names from Kumite returning for Quest mode. The thread was like "odd news of PAL version," if not let me know.

Also in regards to Jerky's post, they are going to censor the game (and the manual for the game), when they say that Shun is fake drinking, he face not being red, etc. None of the censors affect game play as far as I know.

If anyone knows any other (confirmed or unconfirmed) changes, please by all means list them.

15. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I could make a whole thread on the different views of alcohol between the US, UK, and Asia. Basically, while I think alcohol is a pretty bad drug, the US has demonized it. I think if the US had more public-transportation-friendly cities, it wouldn't be much of an issue.

16. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    i already posted this, i think in the 'console' area, but again:

I've heard directly from someone at SOA that the 10th anniversary version of the game is on the disc. I actually saw some screens (at IGN?) that showed the game running from the menu screen that looks exactly like the normal Evo menu screen, with only the "arcade" and "options" available. And again, the same source told me that this was actually playable in this form at E3, but no one (including me) noticed.

But hey, maybe the guy at SOA who's working on Evo is wrong

Spotlite

ps I have no idea about progressive scan

17. Pai_Garu

The 10th anniversary disc menu does looks exactly like vf4 evo menu. And it only has arcade, vs, option like you said. (maybe something else.. i don't remember) I don't think that necessarily constitutes it being on the US vf4 evo disc. But if the guys at sega says it's on the disc, it may just be. I still am willing to bet money that it's not though, however....

18. EmpNovA

Like $100-200.....

How much money......? /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Click Me!

- - - - -

In regards to the initial topic of this thread, has anyone heard any more news on this development, or is it some "flash in the pan" type rumor? /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

19. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

20 Dollar Evo....

IGN.COM posted a recent article that claims that the US VF4 EVO ships with Progressive scan and the 10th Anniversary Edition on the same disc, and it retails at 20.

I'm happy.