1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New VF3 Movies--SWEET!

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Chanchai, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Recent Update: My Mistake. These matches are not HK, I don't think so anyways. These are Taiwanese matches. The original source is <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ntut.edu.tw/~jdshyu/>Endless Fight</A> (or so I believe, someone can confirm or explain this).

I haven't watched all of them yet (they are FREAKING HUGE!), but I just found links to VF3 matches on <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.gamingmatrixonline.com/>Gaming Matrix Online aka Corner Trap</A>.

My speculation are these are Hong Kong matches, but someone please confirm, deny, and explain this.

First match showcases a player named "Jovi" His TB team here is Akira, Jacky, Kage I think (still watching).

Anyways, check it out, and someone let me know what this is all about. Also, keep in mind that these clips are normal Mpeg, but you can only download them zipped. They range from 15-35MB as far as I can tell. There's no sound, it's in an arcade, there's lots of banding (just to let some people know ahead of time).

The style of the matches I'm seeing so far is very in your face and direct. Almost always forward dashing.

-Chanchai

First Match was what I spoke of in the above. Akira, Jacky, Kage teams.

Second and Third Match seemed pretty interesting to me. Aggressive play, but not the same okizeme every time (dash, dash, dash, block). Actually see Kage doing the well known uf PG okizeme stuff among others. Not to mention that these guys love the Jacky low P float combos (knee, low P, low backfist) and Akira single punch shoulder ram float combos as well. Also Akira float with low P-->DE (or is it SDE?). Anyways, lots of stuff like that, this player seems to love it.

What's this? Aoi does fc-throw but doesn't followup with ground throw, instead goes for position but times runs out (fourth match clip, she wins the round anyways anyways). Again, I repeat... this is very direct style play, don't think I've seen a single backdash at all. Guess this is "traditional VF" style (from what I've heard). Jacky here seems to love beatknuckle, backfist, punt kick; b K G combos; and the knee.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 07/26/01 04:34 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Chanchai

More VF3 Movies

I found another movie on the web, from the site <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/vfworld/>Virtua Fighter World</A>.

I believe it's from the 1st Beat Tribe Cup, but I'll confirm whether or not this is a new movie or one we've seen before. I'm currently downloading it, bit by bit (rar file), then I'll decompress it and check it out. Will let you all know if I've seen it before or not.
    ***Update***There are two movies, but one of them isn't fully uploaded completely. The first one is the introduction at the start of the 1st Beat Tribe Cup Tournament tape (begins with "4:00am"). I assume the second one is just the following few minutes, and so on.

Just found the old archive to the site. Wow, if I'm not mistaken, they have the VF3tb Competitive Edge tape captured on Real Media as well. Fortunately, I have a copy of it for myself (and grateful for it), but for those who haven't seen it or would like an online version of it:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.yifei.com/user/less/vf3/>Virtua Fighter World old files archive</A>
    This also includes the VF3 soundtrack on mp3 (which you can get with the VF Archive as well). The clips at the bottom of the page named after the charactors are also from the Competitive Edge tape.
    Enjoy/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

PS Well, I figured out how to get the rest of what's been put out so far on the 1st Beat Tribe Cup, but I'll let you guys figure that out... I just feel that with BTC still being available (but probably hard to get outside of Japan), I should at least not contribute to an "effortless" obtaining of the clips. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 07/26/01 06:38 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: More VF3 Movies

Hey, thanks. The Beat Tribe stuff was really interesting.

4. Chanchai

Match Clip Clarification

The Match Clips I posted earlier, a pal of mine (Moebius) told me that from what he could gather, the clips are actually supposed to be representing top-tier Shanghai players.

-Chanchai

5. Chanchai

Further Clarification

Dickson clarified to me what exactly these matches are.

They're from 1998 (estimate), and represent a famous Taiwan player's visit to Shanghai China.

6. newuser

newuser Member

vf rule in shang hai

a shanghai vfer told me their rule(you can see it in the movie)
    1: high damage move are forbidden, including DLC, jacky's
    7k, kage's 7k+g.....
    2: 3p,8p,kage's 66k,aoi's3pg are forbidden.(but can use OTB
    combo)
    3: 4e to dodge rise k is forbidden.

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Re: vf rule in shang hai

Why in the hell would anybody not allow a move? Not to personally attack you..but that sounds retarded

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

8. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Re: vf rule in shang hai

That is the most GAYest shit i've ever heard. Not allowed to do high damage moves, required to give opponent the second round, no down attacks, etc. - is wack bullshizit. I just don't get it. Must be a cultural thing...

[​IMG]