1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New VF3tb clip

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by SummAh, Sep 12, 2001.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

www.cs.orst.edu/~saenguni/vf/clips/

Click on the melbourne 2001 link...

I promise u, this a high standard and highly enjoyable vf3tb clip... featuring myself, Doomboy n Dickson.

Sorry abt the whacked colors but the cap card decided to play chicken n refused to work properly...

Higly endorsed by players below

Mr Bungle : " excellent flick!"

adamYuki: "superstar!"

Myke : "Impressive!"

Chancai : " It's all good!" /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Once again, my prayers goes out to those residents of NYC who are affected by the tragedy yesterday.

Words cannot express what I feel right now.

God bless you all~

<font color=black>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

OOOPS...forgot abt this....here goes the transcript showing who is playing who~

segment 1 n 2 ( Alex's lau vs my jacky n jeffery)

seg 3(my jacky vs Alex's akira)

seg4 (my akira vs alex's jacky)

seg5(my jacky vs alex's pai)

seg6(my aoi vs alex's akira)

seg7(SAME AS seg 6)

seg8 (alex's sarah vs my aoi)

seg9(my akira vs alex's lion)

seg10(dickson lau vs my wolf)

seg11(dickson jeff vs my jeff)

seg12(dickson taka vs alex wolf)

seg13(dickson pai vs my akira)

seg14(dickson akira vs alex aoi)

seg15(dickson akira vs alex aoi)

seg16( same deal as above) no need to elaborate...everyone mad love for this...spod, ura dlc, almost a perfect round as well~!

seg17(dickson akira vs my aoi) I love this clip..reversal..low sweep to avoid rising attack( not supreme yomi...it is SUPREME GAMBLE hehe)..throw...there were lotsa mad reversals in this match..but saved those clips for another day...

seg18(dickson pai vs alex aoi)

seg19(dickson pai vs my sarah)

seg20(alex jeffery vs dickson akira) we added this clip cause we wanted to show...SPOD IS NOT DA BOMB~!

<font color=black>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

3. Guest

Guest Guest

that was cool. thx.

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

small correction

"seg13(dickson pai vs my akira) " that's my Akira

"seg19(dickson pai vs my sarah) " my Sarah

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: small correction

errrr
    oops~

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

mannnnn, i wish i could show you guys some of MY videos, they are really good!! but i am still trying to compress them in size!

dont forget to visit my web site
    http://www.geocities.com/virtuafightermedia/

7. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

HEY, STOP PLUGGING YOUR SITE MAN!!!!,

I think the address is permanently burned into my brain /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

hehe, well it's not like VFDC ever had a links page... I don't mind the guy using his sig to advertise his page.

9. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I'm just fooling around /versus/images/icons/smile.gif, no good movies on tonight /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

It did, though not much was there (VP and Sega's VF site).

11. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

12. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

gee sorry guyz, i am still trying to finish the site!!

mann you guys are FAST at vf3, is this the korean step technique??

(i saw the videos)

dont forget to visit my web site

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

yes it is the FAMED/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif korean step technique

14. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

wow! i cant only move that fast with lion (just about) but you guys take it to the limit!!

so how does it work?

now i am curious of how well i would do in a tournament like that!, i mean, i have my own technique, but the competition must be TOUGH (sigh)

when i play virtuafighter, i work on not only moves and combos, but use the game's fighting system to work on my reflex skills (dodging+blocking) i suppose my next step is to master such a technique

when i put my videos up on my site, i was wondering if some of you would rate them for me, i'll let you guys know when i do

web address

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I'll let summers comment on the nifty looking korean step, but I wanted to take a second to point something useful out to you. This is not to take away from anyone's great gameplay, but there's a trick to countering the K-step that sort of makes it useless, or even risky. The idea behind it is this:
    If you're just dashing forwards or backwards, with maybe the occasional E, you're leaving yourself open to high, low, and mid attacks, unless your E was timed perfectly.
    When you k-step, you're crouched most of the time and dodging often, and so high attacks miss you. Low attacks and mid attacks can still hit you however, and a lot of mid attacks if they connect while you're crouching will cause you to stagger backwards if (instead of simply stunning you for a split second). This is why the Eing is done in the K-step, the constant little dodges cause the mid attacks your opponent to throw out to miss.
    So what keeps this from being perfect? First, if you're just dodging and crouch dashing randomly, then the're a 50/50 chance that a mid attack or high/low attacks that tracks well are going to hit. K-step relies a lot on the stepper's reflexes to recognize an attack and make sure they're avoiding it or guarding on reflex. However, no matter what direction you're facing and where you're moving, if your opponent runs forward and does a throw, it will snag you more than half the time. The only times the throw misses is if they timed it during the beginning of your crouch dash. That's where playing a grappler is handy, since they can dash in and low throw occasionally to keep you honest. That's the secret to crushing the K-step.. lots of run-in throws.

This may just be my personal preference, but I find that K-stepping is a lot of work for little reward. You're better off standing still and then trying to outsmart your opponent once they're in range.. i.e. if you sense they may attack, you time a dodge to avoid it. Or you keep up a good defense by sticking out lots of P,G's. If you feel they will try a low attack or throw, you can try to interrupt with a fast midlevel or simply crouch and defend. If you sense a particular high attack coming, (a lot of characters can and will use a basic P,P combo to try to approach safely) then you can crouch dash under their punches and try to punish them.
    With K-step, you're not trying to read the opponent so much as gamble that they will be unaware of how to deal with this movement, and will therefore just stick out a sidekick or dashing elbow in the hopes of making you sit still. If your opponent is a slow learner, the K step will frustrate them all to hell because their attacks will keep missing and you will keep punishing them. Once you know the trick to it though you're going to do better just guarding and dodging intelligently, and trying the occasional safe jab when obi wan kenobi warns you about an incoming attack.
    Your own instincts and common sense will allow you to avoid attacks much more consistently than gambling with constant dodges and crouch dashes.
    It does look hella neat though, and if you're the best player in the area, your opponent's jaws will drop when you do it fluidly. So I would still play around with it, just because it's nice to be the only guy in town who can show everyone up with a nice trick.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

16. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Allow me to add my name to the list...

Awesome!

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

17. Guest

Guest Guest

That is very cool with all the reversals and throw escapes! By the way, I have some questions regarding some things that appear in the video.

1) How come the Lau didn't followup his rush with a kick after the last d/f+PPP in the first segment? Did he just forget?

2) How does the Aoi do that repeated twitchy sidestep cancel into the foreground in the Aoi vs Akira on Taka's stage segment. It looks like d/f+E,D/F+E repeated over and over in succession.

3) In the Akira vs Lion segment the Akira follows a breakguard immediately with a doublepalm. How does he managed to have come out so fast?

Thanks.

18. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, here's my take on it (though I'm far away from Australia/versus/images/icons/smile.gif)

1) If you're talking about when he kills Jeffry off, he just didn't need to. Maybe I misunderstood your question.
    2) If I'm not mistaken, that's a dodgelet (as indicated by the chickenwing motion). Sloppy way to do this is mash the E-button accordingly while wiggling the stick between df and d. What it really is--is a series like df+E, d, df+E, d, df+E or something like that. Generally, dodge cancelling crouch dashes immediately as the crouch dash (CD) happens. When VFDC is back up and running again, you'll probably find the ol' Korean Step Guide to explain all this.

3) Unless this is a buffer trick I'm not thinking about (there are some), Akira simply does a modified doublepalm ( m-double palm). He quickly buffers in a CD and immediately does b, f+P after the break guard.

*CD can be done df, DF (hold DF, this has to be done really fast) or my preferred method of df, d, DF (hold DF). In VF3 I always slide (squiggle) between df and d. In VF2 and the VF4 test, I often just did df, DF.

19. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I totally agree that kstep is useless is you're not ready to come out of it before your opponent gets in range for a throw or mid attack, I think it's okay if you are using it from far away and are still able to block etc by the time you're in range of the opponent.

For me I use it mostly when the opponent is on the ground (and I don't feel like risking ura or oki), also the repeated dodglets out of the screen with Aoi was to bait a throw.(yes I should have used a more damaging move than u/f k : P) and yep I barely had enough time to come out of it with a full ring distance between us /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

20. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Oh face it
    U were so afraid of being ROed...U lifted ur skirts n ran away~! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

But anyway..I would like to highlight an important point
    this clip was edited n done entirely by {Doomboy}

So, give ur praises to him ~