1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New VF4 and Sonic etcetera confirmed .

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Fishie, May 17, 2002.

1. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Take this as you will as I can provide no link or whatsoever but I got a call from Japan, bla bla bla, Sega press conference bla bla, new VF and new Sonic anounced and Eternal Arcadia for PS2 scrapped .
    Some other shit I dont care to mention right now wich you will no doubt read on the usual sites tonight .

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2002&m=5&nid=17-107.db>http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2002&m=5&nid=17-107.db</a>

3. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

I wonder whats going to be added or whats going to be changed. I think its cool that there is a new vf

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just to add to all of this, in the latest GameWave magazine (it's a Japanese gaming magazine in case you haven't heard of it) they "confirm" VF4 Evolution and mention two new characters who fight using Judo and Muay Thai (or kick boxing?).

In non-VF related news, they have screens of House of the Dead 3 which looks really nice.

But best of all, Shinobi is making a comeback in 3D! Screenshots didn't give much away, but it looks sweet!

5. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Shinobi looks like poop .
    I dont want a Tenchu or DMC rip off .
    I like Joe to be a badass action platformer whos jumps make Mario green with envy .

6. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

Hmm. Muay Thai? That's kinda redundant with Vannessa Muay Thai stance, isn't it. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    Judo is alright I guess. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Active Member

two new characters who fight using Judo and Muay Thai (or kick boxing?).

Muay Thai? But Vanessa already have a MT stance. And Judo based mainly on throws, isn't it? Interesting how they integrate a Judo player into the game. Really looking forward to it.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    My initial reaction with Muay Thai was similar to yours (Ealsen, a_l_e_x) but then you have to remember Muay Thai is only half of Vanessa's arsenal, and might just be different enough in the way Lau and Pai have similarites but are completely different. Then again, the character may be like a rough kick boxer type. We'll see.

Judo should be really interesting though. Probably have a lot of hit throws, throw combos, catch grabs.. hmm.. I wonder if it'll be a bit like a recycled Taka.

9. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Anyone know where the arcade show is? If it's not at Makuhari Messe (BFE) I might head down there. Anyone else planning on going?