1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New VF4 movie clip....

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by ghostdog, Jan 12, 2002.

1. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

There's a new VF4 movie clip out and about. Or at least I think there is. I haven't DL'ed yet. Anyway, here's the link:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.pyrexia.com/vf4/>http://www.pyrexia.com/vf4/</a>

Click on the first link at the top of the page. Then click the button at the right of the screen. The movie link is at the top of the page. It's in .wmv format. Thanks to Plasma on virtuaproject.com for the lead.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

This is an excellent clip, the lion's a little bit too good. I'm guessing it's chibita.
    92% over 5,700 games. That = holy shit.

3. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Yep, Chibita vs. Susukino Lau. Heheh, Chibita actually gets his ass thrown a few times.

4. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

excellent clip.

It is AMAZING how many throw escape Chibita can do duh... I mean the Wolf wasn't even trying for the GS or the armlock.

5. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

CreeD, can you convert this streaming file to a zipped mpeg or avi file?

Chibita vs. Susukino Lau

6. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Man entertaining flicks thanks for the link GD. All movies should be WMV they rule arse. today alone I have scene the CvS2 national championship and this woot

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Despite the fact that the legality is in question and it took three programs before it could work... I finally got it done. You will be thrilled to know that video quality is the same, at the expense of tripling in size with crappy sound ^_^ ...
    It's the same filename but with a .mpg at the end.
    Have fun, you're sure to like it. I'm surprised to have not heard of "sasukino lau" - 93% wins (higher than chibita's!) over 2600 games, aaaand he wasn't playing his primary character I'm guessing.

8. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

OMFG! Thx CreeD. Please disregard message... I found the file . sorry to waste tyour time CreeD. What kind of work are you looking for? www.jobs4wallst.com

Where is the Chibita vs. Susukino Lau file? Please respond here or message. Gong she fa tie!

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Art, hire me to do some computer or internet related work! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    How did you like the clip? If that's Sasukino Lau's wolf, I'd love to see his Lau.

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link!

I've mirrored this clip under "Miscellaneous Japanese Clips" on VF4fx. While I typically try to avoid renaming clips, I went ahead and renamed this one chibita_vs_susukiino.wmv because M006.......wmv is a little difficult to identify.

Great play by Chibita, as usual. And yeah, I'm curious as to what Susukino's Lau is like...

11. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

By the silky triangle of Aoi, I swear! My (pant) download was 59% finished when I was shut out! Fook!
    But, Thank you... I know I can get it later! I placed the webmaster at Gollum Sucks. Maybe you should move to NYC? Send me your resume. abarbato@stammagency.com
    web: www.jobs4wallst.com
    Have you ever applied at game companies?
    Soggy Noodles!

12. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

[ ] thx CreeD! Awesome!
    (@7@)

V
    Oral Contraception Car Chase.

13. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

There's another clip on pyrexia.com/vf4. Susukino Lau (as Wolf) vs. Abarenbou (Wolf). Enjoy...

14. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ouch. Abarenbou is completely outclassed in this clip.

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

An odd thing, a translation of that page appeared to say that movies were no longer going to be offered. Poor translation skills on my part I guess.

EDIT: in fact they do seem to have a limit - the dl.cgi link now directs you to the correct page but with nothing clickable. There's no tricks to weasel the URL with the actual movie either. Some of us who snagged the movie in time will have to share I guess.