1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New VF4 Movies~!!

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Guest, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I found some awesome clips of VF4 in this site's downloads.
    You can see the latest hot clips of Korean players here.

http://www.tbzone.co.kr

VF4 ver.B has been released in Korea this week.
    Expecting that they'll show some interesting movies in a while.

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

These new clips are indeed from ver.B. Nice.

Again, tbzone has a nicely organized repository of Korean clips, so I'll just link to the site rather than mirror the new clips /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

[​IMG]

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Okay, downloaded all 20.

akira vs akira:
    here you see the new k.d. animation after DE (MC), followed by Fujin.
    you also see a PIT-SE-RBC ~ SDE ~ DLC but the bodycheck in the DLC misses because the opponent QR'ed.

akira vs akira 2:
    DE (MC) ~ DJK
    b,f+P+K+G ~ DLC ... not sure whether the first move requires MC, but it was done twice in the match

akira vs akira 3:
    again, b,f+P+K+G ~ DLC seems to be guaranteed... done twice in the match
    PIT-SE-RBC ... the RBC component IS blockable if you're fast enough
    df+P+K+G can cross over downed opponent, but it's not really ura because the opponent gets up the right way

akira vs lei:
    looks like lei's uf+K+G ~ PPP ... the last P hits only if uf+K+G is MC
    miss stance (d+P+K+G) --> P+K (charge) ~ PPP
    PIT-SE-RBC ~ SDE ... the SDE missed, not sure if Akira didn't move forward enough, or Lei managed to evade
    lei's regular b+P+K reversal... can be followed up by P+K,P,P. (something you don't see too much considering most people use the independent stance autoreversal)

akira vs pai:
    f+P+G break guard ~ standing palm ~ DLC
    a lot of df+P+K+G, P used.
    nothing special from pai

akira vs pai 2:
    b+P+K+G (sabaki) ~ f+P ~ DJK
    nothing new from pai

akira vs wolf:
    DE (low float) ~ Fujin is a nice followup
    wolf does a nice HCB+P+G,P+G (new throw)

jacky vs akira:
    2/3 BKC (P+K,P) ~ PPKnee
    you see jacky's new df+P+G throw. not much else.

(more to follow)

[​IMG]

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Feixa Q:

Are you sure Akira is using b,f+P+K+G "KouTouShou" (this looks a lot like the dodge P+K+G, but straight) followed by DLC? When I played ver. B, that move instantly sent the oppt. down.

Maybe it's the QCB+P "KoBoKu", which looks like a double handed Fukko (b,d/f+P), or double overhead palm. This move induces k.d. I'm pretty sure.

In the new DoRiMaGa (dreamcast mag) they actually mixed the command/name and pictures, so that it talks about one and show's it's picture, but gives the wrong command/name above it. But they say that the KuBoKu can be followed with DJK etc, while the SouTouShou can be followed by just d/f+P.

Just checking. If I'm wrong and it IS SouTouShou, how does the DLC hit? Near the wall?

Spotlite

Just checking.

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Spotlite,

Oh, you know what? You're absolutely right. I mixed up qcb p with b,f P K G. Thanks for the update! (I'll go edit my earlier post now)

Edit: Ack, I can't edit my earlier post without losing all the plus signs. Oh well...

[​IMG]

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

lei vs akira 2:
    nothing special here.

lei vs akira 3:
    yep, looks like uf+K+G ~ PPP, last P isn't guaranteed on normal hit (like in ver.A)
    the akira in this clip and the one above isn't very impressive in his followups, unfortunately.

lei vs pai:
    nice intro screen with lei's kata.
    kudos to the tbzone team for getting good quality movies and BGM without being able to get a direct feed.
    something that you couldn't do in vf4test is the u/d,n+P+K+G,P (the second P didn't work until the official version).
    still looks like people aren't used to fighting against lei fei at this point in time.

lei vs pai 2:
    nice intro screen with pai's kata. BGM is a little weird.
    (independent stance) d+K (stagger) ~ (miss stance) P,P+K seems to be guaranteed, but i'm not sure...
    df,df+P,P ~ d+P+K,K ... standard combo
    nothing new for pai in this clip

lei vs pai 3:
    i'm not sure why the lei player doesn't follow up D,f+P (k.d.) with P+K,P,P ... odd.
    not much else here.

wolf vs pai:
    i love pai's wushu dance b+P+K+G ~ PP ~ (crouch stance) P+K. looks great.
    wolf does a nice SS (MC) ~ HCB+P ~ b+K+G,K
    you also get to see the new df,df+P+K+G low throw.

[​IMG]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

VF4 is just looking better and better. Korean VF4 looks to be getting a lot better. akira_wolf.avi shows the strongest, most interesting Akira I've yet seen. wolf_pai.avi and vanessa_pai.avi were cool too. What happened to the impressive Lei playing from the last update?

8. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

akira_wolf.avi shows the strongest, most interesting Akira I've yet seen.

If you liked that Akira, lemme suggest akira_akira1.avi thru akira_akira4.avi. Even though these clips are from the test version, they show Akira doing a lot more, including PIT ->SE ->RBC ->SDE ->DLC (akira_akira2.avi), the Fujin combo followup (akira_akira4.avi), and *gasp* reversals (akira_akira4.avi)!

There are other sections, like Japanese VF4 action and VF3 clips (Japanese tourneys, hardcoregaming.com clips, combo clips), and a Melbourne 2K1 clip.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

No new Kage clips...bad sign, sigh.

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Just finished downloading the Korean version B clips...

- After Akira crumple staggers the opponent (i.e. SDE MC and that double handed move from overhead thing) does he have enough time to do a combo? I.e. shoulder ram, SJK, or any of the like? Instead of just DLC?

- Is it just me, or does Lei look really scary in these clips. I know things are new and stuff, or maybe the person playing the Lei is just really good, but Lei looks incredibly strong. A purely offensive character, it seems.

- I can finally hear the music (sometimes)!! I really like Lau's, Lion's and Jacky's BGM. Akira's sounded OK, and I didn't remember anything ingrating. What's the incredibly annoying whistling sound in the background...Drummania in the background?

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

that stupid sound in the BG is the sound of virtua Striker 3~!

I heard the announcer go ' Korea vs " some country..then BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP~!

My ears were rested immediately~!

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

12. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

yea lei is pretty strong but his flashy new moves can be countered cuz he always takes a little moment to turn into a different stance during a combo or you can just rush him or sidestep and then rush.... yea i think chris and i had a talk about lei and its just basically predict and/or interrupt with *middle kick, crouch punch, etc* ..his moves are kinda like sarah's flamingo stance mind game or whatever .... but im just saying from what i experienced from the test version.

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9

13. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Jeff - Lei looks like a complete bastard in these clips. however, I thought Vanessa looked like a monster, more. Both new characters seem to be demonstrating serious competition.

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>

14. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

If you listen carefully to the BGM in the Vanessa_Akira3.avi (Jacky's rooftop stage) you'll hear a version of Radiohead's "Creep". Weird...

I like the BGM on Aoi's stage, or at least I think that's the correct BGM. The BGM for Lau's stage and the snowy rooftop is nice too.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

No new Kage clips...bad sign, sigh.

Yeah, bleh. Haven't seen any Kage clips out of the Japanese tournaments too. Maybe it's time for me to make the switch =/

- After Akira crumple staggers the opponent (i.e. SDE MC and that double handed move from overhead thing) does he have enough time to do a combo? I.e. shoulder ram, SJK, or any of the like? Instead of just DLC?

QCB+P ~ Fujin (70 pts)
    QCB+P ~ DLC (75 pts)
    QCB+P ~ Shoulder Ram ~ Bodycheck (85 pts)
    QCB+P ~ P ~ P ~ Double Palm (90 pts, mid/light only)
    QCB+P ~ Deep bodycheck (100pts, depends on timing)
    QCB+P ~ Yoho ~ Fujin (OTB) (100pts, opponent does not QR/TR)
    QCB+P ~ Yoho ~ DLC (OTB) (100pts, opponent does not QR/TR)

- Is it just me, or does Lei look really scary in these clips. I know things are new and stuff, or maybe the person playing the Lei is just really good, but Lei looks incredibly strong. A purely offensive character, it seems.

I dunno, Lei looks like Lei to me. I like using him a lot, so I don't see anything that's really scary in these clips. I have to say though that most Lei players still don't know the appropriate followups for floats in various stances (myself included), so Lei could be even stronger going forward.

[​IMG]

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I know Jason Cha wants to pick up Vanessa... but Jemin (my VF1/VF2 gaming buddy) and I think her moves look too much like Jacky's, ugly looking street fighting stuff, ack!

[​IMG]

17. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Those combos are disgusting!! Please tell me the QCB+P is reversible and have bad recovery.

18. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I don't think QCP+P is reversible, being a double handed move. Recovery seems decent too, judging from the clips... if blocked, I don't think you can counter with anything (apart from PK, perhaps? unsure...). But, the move has slow execution time, and is short ranged, so if it whiffs, you can definitely throw.

[​IMG]