New VF4 Movies~!!

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Guest, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I found some awesome clips of VF4 in this site's downloads.
    You can see the latest hot clips of Korean players here.

http://www.tbzone.co.kr

VF4 ver.B has been released in Korea this week.
    Expecting that they'll show some interesting movies in a while.

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

These new clips are indeed from ver.B. Nice.

Again, tbzone has a nicely organized repository of Korean clips, so I'll just link to the site rather than mirror the new clips /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

[​IMG]

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Okay, downloaded all 20.

akira vs akira:
    here you see the new k.d. animation after DE (MC), followed by Fujin.
    you also see a PIT-SE-RBC ~ SDE ~ DLC but the bodycheck in the DLC misses because the opponent QR'ed.

akira vs akira 2:
    DE (MC) ~ DJK
    b,f+P+K+G ~ DLC ... not sure whether the first move requires MC, but it was done twice in the match

akira vs akira 3:
    again, b,f+P+K+G ~ DLC seems to be guaranteed... done twice in the match
    PIT-SE-RBC ... the RBC component IS blockable if you're fast enough
    df+P+K+G can cross over downed opponent, but it's not really ura because the opponent gets up the right way

akira vs lei:
    looks like lei's uf+K+G ~ PPP ... the last P hits only if uf+K+G is MC
    miss stance (d+P+K+G) --> P+K (charge) ~ PPP
    PIT-SE-RBC ~ SDE ... the SDE missed, not sure if Akira didn't move forward enough, or Lei managed to evade
    lei's regular b+P+K reversal... can be followed up by P+K,P,P. (something you don't see too much considering most people use the independent stance autoreversal)

akira vs pai:
    f+P+G break guard ~ standing palm ~ DLC
    a lot of df+P+K+G, P used.
    nothing special from pai

akira vs pai 2:
    b+P+K+G (sabaki) ~ f+P ~ DJK
    nothing new from pai

akira vs wolf:
    DE (low float) ~ Fujin is a nice followup
    wolf does a nice HCB+P+G,P+G (new throw)

jacky vs akira:
    2/3 BKC (P+K,P) ~ PPKnee
    you see jacky's new df+P+G throw. not much else.

(more to follow)

[​IMG]

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Feixa Q:

Are you sure Akira is using b,f+P+K+G "KouTouShou" (this looks a lot like the dodge P+K+G, but straight) followed by DLC? When I played ver. B, that move instantly sent the oppt. down.

Maybe it's the QCB+P "KoBoKu", which looks like a double handed Fukko (b,d/f+P), or double overhead palm. This move induces k.d. I'm pretty sure.

In the new DoRiMaGa (dreamcast mag) they actually mixed the command/name and pictures, so that it talks about one and show's it's picture, but gives the wrong command/name above it. But they say that the KuBoKu can be followed with DJK etc, while the SouTouShou can be followed by just d/f+P.

Just checking. If I'm wrong and it IS SouTouShou, how does the DLC hit? Near the wall?

Spotlite

Just checking.

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Spotlite,

Oh, you know what? You're absolutely right. I mixed up qcb p with b,f P K G. Thanks for the update! (I'll go edit my earlier post now)

Edit: Ack, I can't edit my earlier post without losing all the plus signs. Oh well...

[​IMG]

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

lei vs akira 2:
    nothing special here.

lei vs akira 3:
    yep, looks like uf+K+G ~ PPP, last P isn't guaranteed on normal hit (like in ver.A)
    the akira in this clip and the one above isn't very impressive in his followups, unfortunately.

lei vs pai:
    nice intro screen with lei's kata.
    kudos to the tbzone team for getting good quality movies and BGM without being able to get a direct feed.
    something that you couldn't do in vf4test is the u/d,n+P+K+G,P (the second P didn't work until the official version).
    still looks like people aren't used to fighting against lei fei at this point in time.

lei vs pai 2:
    nice intro screen with pai's kata. BGM is a little weird.
    (independent stance) d+K (stagger) ~ (miss stance) P,P+K seems to be guaranteed, but i'm not sure...
    df,df+P,P ~ d+P+K,K ... standard combo
    nothing new for pai in this clip

lei vs pai 3:
    i'm not sure why the lei player doesn't follow up D,f+P (k.d.) with P+K,P,P ... odd.
    not much else here.

wolf vs pai:
    i love pai's wushu dance b+P+K+G ~ PP ~ (crouch stance) P+K. looks great.
    wolf does a nice SS (MC) ~ HCB+P ~ b+K+G,K
    you also get to see the new df,df+P+K+G low throw.

[​IMG]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

VF4 is just looking better and better. Korean VF4 looks to be getting a lot better. akira_wolf.avi shows the strongest, most interesting Akira I've yet seen. wolf_pai.avi and vanessa_pai.avi were cool too. What happened to the impressive Lei playing from the last update?

8. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

akira_wolf.avi shows the strongest, most interesting Akira I've yet seen.

If you liked that Akira, lemme suggest akira_akira1.avi thru akira_akira4.avi. Even though these clips are from the test version, they show Akira doing a lot more, including PIT ->SE ->RBC ->SDE ->DLC (akira_akira2.avi), the Fujin combo followup (akira_akira4.avi), and *gasp* reversals (akira_akira4.avi)!

There are other sections, like Japanese VF4 action and VF3 clips (Japanese tourneys, hardcoregaming.com clips, combo clips), and a Melbourne 2K1 clip.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

No new Kage clips...bad sign, sigh.

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Just finished downloading the Korean version B clips...

- After Akira crumple staggers the opponent (i.e. SDE MC and that double handed move from overhead thing) does he have enough time to do a combo? I.e. shoulder ram, SJK, or any of the like? Instead of just DLC?

- Is it just me, or does Lei look really scary in these clips. I know things are new and stuff, or maybe the person playing the Lei is just really good, but Lei looks incredibly strong. A purely offensive character, it seems.

- I can finally hear the music (sometimes)!! I really like Lau's, Lion's and Jacky's BGM. Akira's sounded OK, and I didn't remember anything ingrating. What's the incredibly annoying whistling sound in the background...Drummania in the background?

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

that stupid sound in the BG is the sound of virtua Striker 3~!

I heard the announcer go ' Korea vs " some country..then BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP~!

My ears were rested immediately~!

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

12. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

yea lei is pretty strong but his flashy new moves can be countered cuz he always takes a little moment to turn into a different stance during a combo or you can just rush him or sidestep and then rush.... yea i think chris and i had a talk about lei and its just basically predict and/or interrupt with *middle kick, crouch punch, etc* ..his moves are kinda like sarah's flamingo stance mind game or whatever .... but im just saying from what i experienced from the test version.

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9

13. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Jeff - Lei looks like a complete bastard in these clips. however, I thought Vanessa looked like a monster, more. Both new characters seem to be demonstrating serious competition.

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>

14. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

If you listen carefully to the BGM in the Vanessa_Akira3.avi (Jacky's rooftop stage) you'll hear a version of Radiohead's "Creep". Weird...

I like the BGM on Aoi's stage, or at least I think that's the correct BGM. The BGM for Lau's stage and the snowy rooftop is nice too.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

No new Kage clips...bad sign, sigh.

Yeah, bleh. Haven't seen any Kage clips out of the Japanese tournaments too. Maybe it's time for me to make the switch =/

- After Akira crumple staggers the opponent (i.e. SDE MC and that double handed move from overhead thing) does he have enough time to do a combo? I.e. shoulder ram, SJK, or any of the like? Instead of just DLC?

QCB+P ~ Fujin (70 pts)
    QCB+P ~ DLC (75 pts)
    QCB+P ~ Shoulder Ram ~ Bodycheck (85 pts)
    QCB+P ~ P ~ P ~ Double Palm (90 pts, mid/light only)
    QCB+P ~ Deep bodycheck (100pts, depends on timing)
    QCB+P ~ Yoho ~ Fujin (OTB) (100pts, opponent does not QR/TR)
    QCB+P ~ Yoho ~ DLC (OTB) (100pts, opponent does not QR/TR)

- Is it just me, or does Lei look really scary in these clips. I know things are new and stuff, or maybe the person playing the Lei is just really good, but Lei looks incredibly strong. A purely offensive character, it seems.

I dunno, Lei looks like Lei to me. I like using him a lot, so I don't see anything that's really scary in these clips. I have to say though that most Lei players still don't know the appropriate followups for floats in various stances (myself included), so Lei could be even stronger going forward.

[​IMG]

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I know Jason Cha wants to pick up Vanessa... but Jemin (my VF1/VF2 gaming buddy) and I think her moves look too much like Jacky's, ugly looking street fighting stuff, ack!

[​IMG]

17. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Those combos are disgusting!! Please tell me the QCB+P is reversible and have bad recovery.

18. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I don't think QCP+P is reversible, being a double handed move. Recovery seems decent too, judging from the clips... if blocked, I don't think you can counter with anything (apart from PK, perhaps? unsure...). But, the move has slow execution time, and is short ranged, so if it whiffs, you can definitely throw.

[​IMG]