1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New VF4 Pics

Discussion in 'Console' started by Rugal, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Rugal

Rugal Well-Known Member

New VF4 Pics

This is the real deal folks, check em out.

[​IMG]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/AR002.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/AR003.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/AR004.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/REP004.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS001.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS002.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS003.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS004.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS005.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS006.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS008.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS009.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS023.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS024.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS025.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS026.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS027.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS028.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS029.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS030.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS031.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS032.jpg[/image]
    [image]neomoz.freeyellow.com/Vf4/VS038.jpg[/image]

Lighting, texture and background detail has certainly taken a big hit!

2. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

laff, thanks dude.. really /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

where are the damn fish?

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Well, I'll say it if no one else will: looks like shit. That closeup of Lau is a joke.

Now that the graphical quality has been determined, I'm waiting to hear about the little "tweaks" in gameplay...

5. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Where are the fish in Pai's stage? Surely PS2 can handel fish (especially that groovy Dolphin). Are you 100% sure these pictures are from the final version?

6. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Goin by these pics I think its safe to assume the DC could have had a better looking version .

Adam where are you ?

7. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly dissappointed, but I'm sure it'll play well. I think we've just been too spoiled by arcade perfect conversions in recent years.

8. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Lets see...reduction on the number of leaves on kage's fighting platform, lower res textures on the ground on Lei Fei's stage, wolf stage seems to be missing spotlight, shimmering glow created from the water underneath the glass floor in aquarium is diminished - creating a more flat look. And this is by just a quick glance...i'm sure there'll be other things as more pics surface. (I can't wait to see Jacky's stage). But hey, at least the character models seem on-point!

9. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Adam I beg to differ , the models seem of as well , less poly´s all around it seems , look at the ears and hair , look at the action pics of Lau and Pai fighting less poly´s on the legs for instance .

10. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Ok, we've seen this now on a crap system - lets pray for a xbox conversion...

11. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

wah wah wah

I have to agree that the arcade version looks light years better. However. So what? Did we really expect it to be stellar and unreal?

As long as the game *plays* the same, I'm head over heels happy.

12. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: wah wah wah

> As long as the game *plays* the same, I'm head over heels happy.

Sega is zero for three in that department (0 - 4 if you wanna count 2.1). Don't get your hopes up.

13. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

You're exactly right. The whole reason we play Virtua Fighter is because it's the finest series of fighting games ever created. Hell, I still play a lot of VF2 on Saturn; you remember that one, right? Blocky characters, 3-D stages replaced with flat backdrops, and yet it was still the best-looking (and playing) home videogame of its time.

It's silly to expect the PS2 to handle a perfect conversion of VF4. And yet, this game looks terrific. Not only is it frightenly close to the arcade, it raises the bar for PS2 graphics. Not bad, considering this is AM2's FIRST Playstation2 game. Remember all those launch games, and how awful they were?

VF4 is still a few weeks away, so I'd expect a bit more work done. Still, this is excellent work; not quite perfect, but closer than I expected it to be.

14. Trigger

Trigger Active Member

Having said that, SEGA has never made it right or close to perfect when it come to home conversion. What's wrong with them? Are they holding back something? Although NAOMI 2 is a formidable platform but it isn't necessary that VF4, which is the first game on the platform, will utilize NAOMI 2 to the edge of it's ability. In this sense, PS2 could have handled, without any problem, arcade-quality home conversion of VF4.

15. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I have two gripes on vf4 thus far really. The first is, why NOT model 4 board, why settle for naomi? VF has always set the standard for graphics splendor...
    On home system - why go for the 2nd best? I am sure Microsoft could of made it worth sega's while to put it on xbox - which we all know could of done a perfection conversion of vf. As far as gameplay, I think, if nothing else - it is safe to say that with Yu behind the wheel, gameplay should be dead on.

16. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Sorry but I have to say that the PS2 version seems a lil more, well, dull compared to the arcade. It seems to be missing something, but it was said that some of the backgrounds now have some 2D animations, hard to tell where though. I have to say that the textures seemed to have changed on the characters but they still look really good. The VF4 arcade ran on the Naomi 2 board but that had more power than the PS2's system 128. Oh well, as long as VF4 comes home I'm happy : ) Oh and the Japanese version comes out Jan. 31st so they shouldn't be making to many more changes. : (