1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New VF5 Info from Famitsu 03 03 06 issue

Discussion in 'General' started by Pai_Garu, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Here are some new stuff on VF5 from the new Famitsu Weekly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Most of these aren't new, but I'll give a run down of the first page.

Comparison is drawn between the new [8][8] [2][2] evade with VF3's evade button. The new big evade makes it possible to move to the opponent's side in a single step. In the picture, it seems that if Jacky had executed a forward stepping move during Sarah's evade, it would have been possible for Sarah to move to Jacky's back. The new evade seems to hold the key to VF5's strategy.

In the right column, we see Akira and Jacky. Notice the new stagger when the double palm is hit from the side. The other pictures show Jacky's new throw where he goes to the opponent's side and does a side kick, which leaves him at the opponent's side.

In the next page, Bun Bun Maru gives his thoughts on the new characters. "The monkey like girl gets her debut! Aileen has many acrobatic moves that involved her whole body, it is possible to be very trick during fights, especially her moves where she circles around her opponent seems very interesting. The pro wrestler has alot of moves from his special dash. Even though he is a wrestler like Wolf, but since his style is Lucha, his fighting style is trick just like Aileen. Both of them are very speedy!"

The last page shows the VF.TV machine and the VF Terminal. If you don't already know this, the VF Terminal is a touch screen to make customizing your character much easier. You can also see some examples of the extent of customization possible this time in VF5.

Currently, VF5 is heading for release in July.

2. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Comparison is drawn between the new evade with VF3's evade button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I made this comment in another thread where I felt this evade was reminiscent of VF3's dodging animation. Seems like I wasn't far off.

3. Luddie

Luddie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the scans!