1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Yu Suzuki interview!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Zero-chan, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

http://games.kikizo.com/features/sega_yu_suzuki_iv_feb06_p1.asp

It's finally up! Fishie and I talked at length with Suzuki-san about his past and future projects. While there's not a lot of VF5 info here, there are a few amusing tidbits related to the VF series as a whole and some very interesting commentary about the future of games.

I should also note that Suzuki-san has a fantastic sense of humor. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks for sharing the link! It was an interesting read, especially the encounter with the Hakkyokuken grandmaster! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Any idea how Psy-phi is doing in Japan? The touch-screen input, when I first heard of it, really intrigued me in the context of a 1-on-1 "fighting" game. But how is it in practice? Did the novelty wear off? Or has it captured an audience?

3. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Yu Suzuki getting gut punched by a grandmaster!

LOL that's too much!

4. yoomazir

yoomazir Well-Known Member

thx for the link!
    "Reality is not really a goal of mine, no. Reality in the context of games is nonsense"
    wow just wow,and the Shenmue Universe is still on,great news indeed.

5. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Re: Psy-Phi... I played a build of it with Fishie, and it's definitely interesting. It's a lot easier to just jump into and play than VF, and the touchscreen controls are very easy to get the hang of. Since the game isn't out in arcades yet, it's hard to anticipate how it will be recieved and how competitive play will evolve. I'm not sure when its official release is... probably May or so? I'll have to ask.

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Psi-Phy was on demo at the AM Show back in September (but mysteriously absent at the AOU Show). The very little time I spent there, I noticed the people just looking at it, wondering what to do, with the scantily clad J-bimbos helping them. Of course, just b/c you're at the AM Show don't mean you can pick up just any game.