1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Newb Guard Throw Escape Question

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Zakkmc, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Zakkmc

Zakkmc Member

I bought VF4 2 days after it came out for the PS2 and have been playing ever since. I'm hooked. When going through the trials training though, I can never seem to get the Guarding throw escape portion. I do the guaranteed throw move, then Enter P+G then hit and Hold G. What am I doing wrong?? Also, I have tried Entering P+G and Not releasing G,but holding it and that didn't seem to get me any sucesses either.

I hate to post such a newb question, but I didn't see any specific answers to this when doing my search.

Thanks for any input,
    Zakk

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

it's p+g then release p. do it fast.

3. Typhoon

Typhoon Well-Known Member

The trials are very strict about most of their throw guards, be it evading or multibreaks. You have to enter the escape and guard properly. If you fail but manage to guard the attack, it won't count.
    As was stated, p+g then release p... basically its a fast throw escape but you roll off the punch in time to guard (I use my thumb for everything so I roll the heel of my thumb off the punch and keep the end on the guard the whole time).
    You may notice that entering the escape requires a bit of timing based on which character you use and which guaranteed throw move you use. If you enter the guard throw escape too early it wont work at all. Wait until the move executes and you are in the recovery phase... that's when you want to enter the GTE.