1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie seeks VF3 Sarah combos

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Robyrt, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Having recently picked up VF3 for the DC (and being a big Sarah fan), I'm having a lot of trouble finding some decent combos for her. Should I just stick with F+P,P,P,b+K after floats to ensure 70-80 damage, or are there better options?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Try doing a search for "sarah combos" ... you might stumble on a post titled "sarah combos" by adio, a post which has hundreds of replies and over 1500 views. Click the search button at the top left.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Creed, I may be mistaken, but Adio`s thread was mainly about VF4.

Robyrt, use the following in floats:

- F+P,P,u+P -> pounce
    - d+K,K
    - f+P,b+K -> pounce
    - P -> flipkick (eight stance)
    - P -> heavy pounce

In addition to the other punching strings.

You know most of the float starters right?

- D,f+K,K
    - d+P+K,K
    - u+K+G
    - K,P

Etc.

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Thanks... I'll have to try out PG-flipkick/punt kick after the standard floats (knee, Dragon Cannon, toekick-punt kick, roundhouse, KP, rising knees). The few Gamest combos I could find said that floater, d+P, ub+K would work on all but Taka. Of course, it also recommends f+K,db+K,f,f+K, which I can't get reliably either :)

Fooling around with training mode, I've found that the "staple" f+P,b+K,u+P (learned about that one from a year-old thread) doesn't work at point-blank range, and d+K,K is basically a sure bet after d+P+K,K... and that K,P floats are funny... and that Sarah has Jacky's heel seed -> flipkick OTB combo as well, although the timing is really weird.

I assume "eight stance" is open stance (front legs parallel)?

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey Robyrt, you can usually buffer in a forward dash to get the f+P,b+K to connect. I personally like the F+P,P,u+P -> pounce as it takes a lot of damage, is harder than it looks, very reliable, and because against many players you can often get away with a high pounce.

Yes, by eight stance I mean open (not parallel) stance. Because of past flaming, I am unfortunately forced to exclusively use eight stance in place of open.

For those wondering where eight came from (as I wondered where "open" came from), the position of the characters legs in eight stance is often symbolized as / \. Think of one foot representing one end of the slash. / represents one character, / \ represents both characters.

Well, / \ is the kanji/chinese character for eight, hence the name.

/ / for parallel, I think, is fairly obvious.

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

> Because of past flaming, I am unfortunately forced to exclusively use eight stance in place of open.

No one is forcing you to do anything. You're only saying "eight" because you want to piss certain people off. You succeed at that a little bit, but otherwise you just look like a stuttering idiot, having to do a double post explaining what you meant. Will you have to add a disclaimer post each time you use your special little terms? Way to spam and confuse, retard!

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Thanks to you, everyone will read this thread to check out the latest Rich flamefest!! (Maybe people are hoping to read a new profanity that you haven`t used before?)

In any case, now everyone here knows what eight stance is and where it came from.

8. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

open - closed. so much easier!

ben